• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I'm all about not smiling when on the London Underground and sticking to my phone or Switch.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Most "work attire" is black and white. with some grey and brown mixed in.

Commuting is also one of the most boring parts of the day, even if you are happy.

It is what it is.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
People are just like that outwardly. Seems normal.

I doubt everyone with a straight face on them is walking around tormented by the current news all the time like some are implying.

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe you're looking at the wrong place? In smaller towns and villages it's easier to engage with people around you. In big cities where you walk past a hundred strangers daily it's impossible to acknowledge everyone, I'd rather save my energy for those that are important to me than engage in meaningless small talk with strangers I'll never see again.

I need my friends and family but past a certain number people are just exhausting

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg… and my arm… even my fingers. The body I've lost… the comrades I've lost… won't stop hurting… It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you?

-Pretty much...

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's Tuesday, the weather is shit, I have to do lots of overtime and our beer fridge at work is empty.
Sorry bro, no smile from me today.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Because I'm tired of "business casual" meaning light blue shirts 90% of the time.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
like everyone outside is dressed in black or grey, no eye contact, not even a fucking smile, just a bunch of walking dead people looking at their phones without any acknowledge of their surroundings

i saw this when i went to London last month too, it looked like nobody is happy anymore
There was a time where people looked happy in London? Was it during carnival?

Plus you have to drop this boomer mentality of "looking at phones = bad
Eye contact with strangers = good"
That's gross

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they are all just exhausted from all night partying and are feeling the hangover?

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Seems fine to me.

Beautiful morning today. Nice (slight) chill in the air when I took my dog for our morning run.

Life's Good

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
tumblr_o7z6ubrkHY1tp719lo2_250.gif

tumblr_o7z6ubrkHY1tp719lo4_250.gifv

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Because depression and loneliness are at all time recorded highs.
This.
It's been that way for me since 2016
The day after the election was such a surreal experience on my campus.

I myself was already feeling like shit because of Trump being elected, but just seeing others faces and how quiet it was as people walked by each other was such a downer.

Some people would look at me with faces that seemed to say "sorry we fucked up" but most just had this sobering blank stare.

All of my classes were extremely quiet too. Barely anyone talking and one of my professors a latino woman who taught social psychology even started tearing up talking about the election.

Yeah things have been generally shitty since then.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking miserable doesn't mean people are miserable. Wearing black and grey certainly doesn't. I'm content 90% of the time but I'm not walking around like some simpleton with a smile plastered ear to ear, simply due to the fact I have a resting bitch face although I try to combat that.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's a working day and you're in the city. Not a single person wants to be commuting to work, commuting from work, sitting at their desk, staring at a computer doing mindless work, wearing the dumb "work attire" they're wearing. They likely don't want to be up as early as they are right now, and even if they were, they probably don't want to out-and-about this early. I wouldn't say that I'm "miserable" during these moments, but I'm not exactly feeling enthusiastic or hyped. I'm just kinda neutral and focused on getting there on time.

Also it's the city. Do you know who gets ripped off, pickpocketed, or otherwise accosted? Happy, smiling, eye-contact making, positive, ALONE people who are acting all cheery on public transportation. I'm not about to start looking people in the eye and saying, "hello there!" or "good morning!" because I don't feel like getting sucker punched.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because most people are depressed. We live in a semi feudal system, where most of us are corporate slaves who have no real control over their own lives. This is not conducent to happiness.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A fun pastime is acknowledging strangers in London especially on the underground, they think I'm a crazy northerner

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
The 90's were ok, but that might have just been because I was in my late teens, early twenties, and there were a lot of raves and ecstasy.

That's basically what everyone feels.

I have fond memories of the 2000's and early 2010's but that's because I didn't have to deal with the realities of the Iraq war or the great recession.

Same as people who grew up in the 50s thinking it was the best even though you had to worry about nuclear weapons and the cold war.

elio

alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I could be happy as Larry during my commute into London but I'll still give off the image of a lifeless ghoul. I purposefully want to emanate out "don't interfere with me" vibes.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
That's because I am. Also, when I'm on my way to work, or returning from work, the last thing I need is any form of social contact with other human beings.

Also, what's wrong with black and grey.