• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 6, 2019
I think we can all agree that every single thing put into a dish/sandwich/etc. should be on the menu for everyone to see.

Also, pickles are delicious. Especially on Burgers. That's why In n Out sucks.

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because they are really good, I'm just eating the pickles from my girlfriend's burguer. She doesn't like them, her loss my gain.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't stand pickles, even worse when the menu doesn't say pickles and then you bite into it and bam, pickle juice goes squirting in your mouth.
jXNFKXM.gif

InfantileAcademicBrownbear-size_restricted.gif

Animals know what's up. Fuck pickles.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I ordered a chicken fried steak and fries, got a soggy steak and soggy fries swimming in a pool of pickle juice. Big ole pickle wedge in the middle, no warning. This is a dealbreaker.

Oct 27, 2017
I think we can all agree that every single thing put into a dish/sandwich/etc. should be on the menu for everyone to see.

No, we don't agree on that. McDonald's menu, for instance, is already a monstrosity that requires standing there trying to figure the thing out if you want to order something different than you usually get. Adding ingredients on top of that to the menu would be a nightmare.
Maybe in a sit-down restaurant, though, that could work.
Really, though, people just need to stop being so damn picky.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it is a bother asking about every single component. Better for you to say if you want something left off.

I hope this 100% definitive, extremely logical, answer satisfies you OP.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Me and every topping ever. But well, my tastebuds legit suck, so I'm just resigned to saying 'plain' as often as I can. Where it really gets annoying is places that assume 'plain' somehow still includes stuff like cheese, and so I've gotta stress the additional exception.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate cilantro.

I don't blame restaurants who put it in their food without telling me because I'm not a psychopath.

I just ask for no cilantro on any situation where there might be cilantro included.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I shouldn't exactly be a shocker that something most people like is included by default.

Personally, I wish I didn't have to pick the tomatoes out of every burger, but we all have our food cross to bear.

I feel the same way about onions, but it's easy enough to ask if they come with onions and ask that they leave them off. I don't need the world to change for me.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
People taste things differently, I dont think it should be labeled under picky.

I order a certain chicken sammich with no pickles, and sometimes I can taste the soaked pickle juice. They just took those fuckers off, I need a pickle JUICE free sammich.

Jun 6, 2019
No, we don't agree on that. McDonald's menu, for instance, is already a monstrosity that requires standing there trying to figure the thing out if you want to order something different than you usually get. Adding ingredients on top of that to the menu would be a nightmare.
Maybe in a sit-down restaurant, though, that could work.
Really, though, people just need to stop being so damn picky.

Wow, dream is dead I guess.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Ironically one of the most responsible restaurants locally is Mr. Pickles. This place even has a walking talking pickle as their mascot, but they specifically ask you what you want on your sandwich and ONLY put that on it.

wspfs5rfzsbpmnhm5zzz
mr-pickles-sandwich-shop.jpg

Thank you, Mr. Pickle.

That's because Mr. Pickle knows you don't like pickles and makes sure there's a little special "pickle juice" on your sandwich when he sees you coming.

People taste things differently, I dont think it should be labeled under picky.

I order a certain chicken sammich with no pickles, and sometimes I can taste the soaked pickle juice. They just took those fuckers off, I need a pickle JUICE free sammich.
You ordering from Chik-fil-a? Because they put pickle brine in the breading of their chicken. Most chicken sandwiches I've had never came with pickles.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I'm a picky eater, I hate mayonnaise, ranch, tomatoes, and shitloads of other things. (pickles are fucking delicious though). However its still easy to disagree with the OP

I dont need restaurants to go "heres this burger, what toppings do you want". Because a lot of the time its better for me to look at what combinations they have and go "ah shit that sounds good" and its something I wouldve never thought of.

We have a pretty good burger joint here where you order by filling out a bubble sheet like you are taking a test...and I find I tend to get very samey burgers every time I go there, just because I default gravitate to those things, but if you offer a combination that your chef came up with, I might find appeal I wouldve never thought of, and then I just have to add in a "no tomatoes please"

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Just say, "no pickles" when you make your order regardless of what the menu says?

I always do that with condiments and just ask for them on the side to be safe. I'd rather dip my sandwich, burger, fries etc as I eat instead of having them become a soggy mess before I can get to them. Retaining crispness is key.

As for pickles.... I love them on very specific things (anything mega spicy), but detest them on a lot of other food items they're commonly put on. Fried pickles are also delicious. They have their place.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
ofc era dislikes pickles, its all starting to make sense

pickles are the only light in this dark timeline

Era's certainly got an interesting palate and digestive system, everything must be absolutely flavorless or they drop all their internal organs in the bathroom after eating (except pizza, which can be ruined with pineapple).

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Just say, "no pickles" when you make your order regardless of what the menu says?

I always do that with condiments and just ask for them on the side to be safe. I'd rather dip my sandwich, burger, fries etc as I eat instead of having them become a soggy mess before I can get to them. Retaining crispness is key.

If only this brilliant suggestion hadn't already been debunked earlier in the thread. 🤔

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
If only this brilliant suggestion hadn't already been debunked earlier in the thread. 🤔

Debunked? Let me just waste my entire day reading an entire pointless thread about pickles so I appear more informed on this important subject when I reply lol

And you seem mighty aggressive over such a stupid issue. Bad day or am I just getting trolled? Either way this more than fills my quota for pickle discussion for the week. Lates.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pickles are a must for New York's greatest invention - the chopped cheese.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Dalek, I feel you. I personally love pickles and vinegar so I don't agree with you.

I do though feel the same way about avocado and sushi. Who the fuck likes avacado and why is it in every fucking sushi roll and thereby inflating the price of every roll at most sushi places. Even when I don't want it I'm forced to pay for it, which makes me hate it even more.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Pickles are tolerable, even if you are not into them, but I will never understand how they can put jalapenos on fucking everything. It's disgusting and taints the taste of your entire bite.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Era's certainly got an interesting palate and digestive system, everything must be absolutely flavorless or they drop all their internal organs in the bathroom after eating (except pizza, which can be ruined with pineapple).
Fast food and chicken tendies washed down with MTNDEW. The resetcetera way.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This thread just compelled me to make a sandwich wrap with pickles. Thanks OP!
I'm guessing the reason it's set up this way is because it overwhelmingly works, and it saves time for the majority. For every person with a specific common ingredient they can't/won't have, who also can't speak up about it, there's got to be hundreds of orders between them.
Basically. The customers ordering need to only say they want a turkey sandwich. The people inputting the order just need to hit the turkey sandwich button. The food workers making the sandwich in the kitchen get a small, easily readable ticket that reads "Turkey Sandwich," and can then go on to make the sandwich in fewer steps as they can prep common sandwich elements like leaf lettuce/tomato/pickle/dressing together before the huge meal rushes have a chance to come barreling in the door.

Overall, this ends up keeping both the vast majority of tickets readable and food moving quickly enough so that when some sociopath decides to order a eight ingredient vegetable sandwich with 6 substitutions and 8 additions, the kitchen can afford to take the hit to figure out what the Hell is going on with this god damned order?

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Pickles are super gross but I've luckily not yet had one put on a sandwich I've ordered. The assumed thing around here is always cheese which is also no thank you. To all the "just say no pickles" people yeah sure why not add another thing that shouldn't be considered automatic to my list. Cold, no cheese, no onions, no pickles... ya thats really fun specifying an evergrowing list of stuff ya don't want each an every time ~_~ (and then you get home and at least one of those things made it in anyway...)