• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mintaro

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Irl and especially on this site I see nothing but anger and disgust for puns. Puns are great, easily digestible and fun for all.

Pun haters, why do you hate fun?

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
17dbef9559d4035080c82cb883024e24.jpg

duck-bill-pun.base

illustrated-puns-arseniic-monika-pundemonium-29.jpg

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I love puns. Especially if they are about Big Pun like:
"Word to the Terror Squad, Joe, this is all puns aside though"

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It's just one of those things that when I hear it I'm like, oh I get it. But I never really makes me laugh. The person telling them always seems to laugh though. Puns always seem to be funnier for the person who's telling them actually.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
I like a good clever pun, if it's easy, low hanging fruit then you're going to get a groan and possibly an item thrown at you.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
People who hate puns are missing the point. I guess their language skills aren't very sharp. They should take a stab at it. Your conversation could be a cut above the rest.

I'll see myself out.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I torment the rest of the staff with my puns. I think they finally put me on mute.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
For anyone who appreciates a girthy pun:

The Pun Also Rises: How the Humble Pun Revolutionized Language, Changed History, and Made Wordplay More Than Some Antics: Pollack, John: 9781592406753: Books

The Pun Also Rises: How the Humble Pun Revolutionized Language, Changed History, and Made Wordplay More Than Some Antics [Pollack, John] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The Pun Also Rises: How the Humble Pun Revolutionized Language, Changed History, and Made Wordplay More...
I thought this was a pretty great read.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
because the vast majority of people arent creative enough to use them properly so they get repeated ad naseum at the wrong times.

Oct 27, 2017
Mad for puns, me.

Where do bad rainbows go? Prism.

Gold!

A lady walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre so the barman gave her one.

Fire!

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't like bad jokes. I get the irony of a joke being so corny that it circles around to being funny, but....nah. That's lame.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Puns are word magic, shrines and churches should be built to honour word play

Alas heretics hate magic because they hate fun

And the world is full of heretics

Dec 22, 2017
Puns often have the feeling of being contrived, which can kill a joke for me.

I can appreciate a dad joke as much as anyone, but some puns are a complete reach.