• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Well probably because Knull means fuck, in swedish and other nordic countries. Oh god, this thread is gold to us swedes reading it right now.

sRX44D9.png

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate Knull, I'm just annoyed that the plot crosses over with Daredevil and some Spidey stuff and disrupts the current plots that I was rather enjoying. I've no interest in most Marvel crossovers these days, so I'll be glad when things get back to normal.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
What's to dislike about Knull? Well, the retconning and overexplaining of the symbiote lore and history was unnecessary and I don't like much of how it has turned out. Also this huge King in Black crossover isn't something I'm interested in. He's a God that is a threat to the whole Marvel universe...? Yeah, no. That's not something I wanted/needed.

I'd have been fine with him popping up as a badguy for Venom to tangle with in the Cates run, and maybe have him be super-powerful and have a history with the symbiote (but not a "everything ever related to the symbiotes comes from me, and oh yeah, I'm also where Gorr got his power too" kind of history). I don't really care about a symbiote god being a company-wide crossover threat though, even though I love the symbiotes and their old lame history.

Oh, and I dislike the overly-toothy elongated mouth that he gets drawn with quite a bit. It doesn't work for me.

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know the character much. All i know is that it's a symbiote Venom like, but more powerfull, and who's a copy paste of Elric of Melniboné's look when he's not in a symbiote form.

That's enough for me to not be interested in him in the slightest. If i want symbiote stuff, i read Venom, if i want Elric stuff, i read Elric stuff.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
he looks so much like The Batman Who Laughs(putrid unfun character) that i wouldn't read anything involving him solely because of that.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My issue is with his design.
The symbiotes are these weird alien goop things, and somehow their maker is a guy that looks like Iggy Pop?
A bit of weirdness would have worked wonders on him.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Comic book readers are boring. Read comics and only talk to one other person about them, like me.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, Knull rhymes with dull.

He's just another random bad guy that showed up out of nowhere and wants to end all life in the universe. He doesn't even have any real personality of his own and even Thor was, like, "we've heard this shit a million times before".

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They already had a character who was using the necrosword to great extent in Gorr the God Butcher. They should have just used him as he was an established and far more interesting character than edgegod of the symbiotes, something that wasn't needed in the first place. Just have Gorr going after the beings above even the Gods of the Marvel universe, maybe the One Above All and have the superheroes try to stop him. You can even keep Santa in.

Dec 30, 2020
It's dumb shonen/JRPG power level logic. Eventually you reach a point where you can't really make them more monstrous-looking without just being goofy, so you instead wrap-around back to just boring ass humanoids.
They need to do the Akira Toriyama thing where when you're a big enough threat you have to look goofy and adorable.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
...I mean, bringing in Knull really helped to separate Venom(Eddie Brock)'s MO from having a massive hate boner for Spider-Man to fighting a cosmic level threat. Before Knull he was fighting sewer dinosaurs xD

I've been enjoying this lol

DJConvoy

Jan 8, 2021
Venom was much cooler when he was the only symbiote running around. I guess Carnage was okay, but he was so goofy and over the top. That's where it needed to end, but no, we had to get more and more, to diminishing returns. Now, there's so many of them, there's a GOD of symbiotes. It's tired and played out.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Such a boring design, he just looks like some kind of symbiote vampire. And it's also boring that every couple years we get another super duper god like super being that no one heard of before but now is a major cross over villain that trumps everyone and everything before it.