• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Oh no saving the game using the system UI, the game is ruined!

Also you seem to have a habit of moaning about the most inane and pathetic things.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
Are you kidding me? It's there for like 20 seconds tops.

This is such a nothing to be complaining about.
Having to do dpad right, x, wait five seconds and then dpad right, x is very annoying in Yakuza. Why do they need to ask me twice if I want to save when I've already stated my intent on the phone booth?

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having to do dpad right, x, wait five seconds and then dpad right, x is very annoying in Yakuza. Why do they need to ask me twice if I want to save when I've already stated my intent on the phone booth?
It's a safety thing. They don't want you to overwrite an already existing file that you don't want to lose.
It makes perfect sense, games have done this for years.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
can be a bit annoying, but is such a non issue. It also tells save feature is a system wide function and not inside the game, and for the same thing personalize i can take more time/resources.

Anyway, seems a classic OP thread where he barely participate in his own thread, and only answers to people with very bad takes or people agreeing with him.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate it as well. I hope next gen allows seemless saves with a single button or something

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this bothers me too. The Switch and Xbone versions of FF12: The Zodiac Age have a lovely re-creation of the original PS2 save screen, which shows all kinds of party info and stuff

6-1518905947-108459706.png

But then the PS4 version uses this... Loads of info is stripped out, and it's so much uglier, slower and clunkier. I hate it.

ognxzuge09az.jpg

I realize this is a stupid thing to complain about, but it does bother me. I wouldn't say it's "immersion breaking", but given how much slower and uglier it is, it's a bit of a bummer.
That's annoying. Now we know it's possible to do the same thing on PS4. Some devs are just choosing not to.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
I honestly don't mind this but I hear you - I remember fans being super upset with the DEAD SPACE 1 game - PS3 Save was done through the PS3 UI and Xbox 360 was in game - And fans complained that it does take you out of the game for a bit.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Never had a PS4 but noticed the same sometimes on PS3. I wouldn't call it immersion breaking but it was ugly, slow and had some weird scaling issue on the fonts. PS4 looks decent I guess but looking at that Spider-Man video the weird pauses/waits between the game and the system UI look like rubbish.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
oh you think they will reversepatch all bc ps4 games that are using the shitty system save ui? That will be one expensive nothingburger

I didn't think about BC. Yeah not for those. Hell it's probably in their best interest to do as little as possible for PS4 games in order to make the next console look better.

The "nothingburger" thing was my way of mocking the mean responses but I'm not sure it got through. Shame OP bailed

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Most obvious reasons:

- Cheaper and easier to implement since you don't need to design/code/test/bugfix/localize your own.
- Guaranteed to not fail at certification.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I wish more PS4 games saved as quick as Death Stranding does it. You go to the menu, select save and that's it, quick and effortless plus it saves in like 2 seconds.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
This annoys me too. The 360 did it so well and then I went to PS4 and every time that slow UI pops up it annoys me

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I don't think it's that big a deal, but I do wish more games saved faster (menu navigation and actual saving). P5 is so great about this.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
These archaic save games are something I only really associate with Japanese games.

Save game not found , would you like to create new save?
Of course I frickin' would. I'm not using a 8MB memory card.

Also the weird serif'd fonts that they insist on using.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I agree with you. It's not a big deal but it's definitely a little disappointing and ugly when a game does this