• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm here to say that PREDATORS is the best and only worthwhile sequel to PREDATOR.

It is delightful popcorn entertainment from top to bottom and a really cool reimagining of the original film that takes it even further into sci-fi genre territory.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The Predator franchise is a franchise where the only decent movie is the original. Every movie after that sucks.

Predators is also absolute dog shit.

The AvP films are whole other level of crap if you decide to watch them.

Good luck.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I fucking love Predator 2. The setting, the action, I thought the predator and gore effects were great.
tumblr_pmyl5aofNK1xuau3co1_500.gifv

It's just a fun action romp flick.

Also Bill Paxton was great in it and Garey Busey chewed so much scenery.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I remember reading the Predator books when I was a teenager and thinking they were pretty decent (same with the AvP books). Certainly better than whatever the hell happened to the respective franchises. Wonder if they would hold up?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I love predator 2. Wonderful over the top cast and the subway sequence is legit excellent.

no idea what you're talking about OP

When Gary Busey gets cut in half, and his legs fall over...where does his upper half go??

ive always suspected it's clinging to a slab of beef

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
what's the question?

the early bullet-time effects with the flying cutter? or why they didn't show it killing him behind the big gas tank?

They were trying to capture a Predator alien.

Why the upper part of his torso remains suspended pouring blood when he is cut in half.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Why the upper part of his torso remains suspended pouring blood when he is cut in half.
Oh, I thought it was liquified or something. Remember he's wearing that big ass freeze gun pack on his back, and instead of just cutting through him it has this explosion, so I figure there's not much torso left.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
someone mention danny glover's enormous future-pants

i did find this movie pretty boring after hearing it was decent. it has a kind of gonzo near-future (as glimpsed from 1990) thing going on that's kinda fun though

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man Predator 2 is fucking great. If anything, it's an underappreciated classic.

I will die on this hill.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Go and watch the AvPs and other Predator movies, then come back to 2.
Predator 2 is pretty damn decent, it's a stupid violent 90s movie with a Predator in it, why would we warn you?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Ice Cube seemed to sample half the movie for his song The Predator, which is a weirdly bad track on his otherwise perfect album "The Predator" from 1992.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
All I ever remember about Predator 2 is how sweaty everyone is in it. Quite possible the sweatiest movie ever made. Did they film it duirng a heatwave or something?

OP
OP
Landy828

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

🤣🤣

I certainly understand why people would love it. Especially if they saw it at a younger age. I'm pushing towards 40 so I have tons of those kinds of movies in my library.

After a night's rest, I think the turn off at the beginning was the 10-minute long gang war and how silly the shootout was.

As someone else mentioned, the ending was pretty cool. I may watch Predators tonight if I have time.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the hate for Predator 2.

I unironically love that movie.

I don't "hate" Predator 2, but Predator 1 is a masterpiece, and the blueprint for a lot of action movies, while Predator 2 is like a direct to dvd sequel. That's why some people are really hating on Predator 2.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't "hate" Predator 2, but Predator 1 is a masterpiece, and the blueprint for a lot of action movies, while Predator 2 is like a direct to dvd sequel. That's why some people are really hating on Predator 2.
Don't you mean Direct to VHS? Ahaha

Anyways I enjoyed the movie, it was a good but unnecessary sequel. AVP 2 is where it's at though, it was a pretty good movie and would recommend that if you get the chance OP.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Predator 2 is a serious step down from 1 but still better than anything after. Predators is fucking awful.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you mean Direct to VHS? Ahaha

Anyways I enjoyed the movie, it was a good but unnecessary sequel. AVP 2 is where it's at though, it was a pretty good movie and would recommend that if you get the chance OP.
Oh damn yeah, my bad ! :p

But yeah Predator 2 is a funny movie. It's not something that has been made to hurt people, like The Predator.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I have a soft spot for it just because I watched it as a kid before the first Predator.

But it is a bad movie. Fun in how goofy in it, but not good. Still I love certain scenes like cutting the guy in half or when he kills the voodoo guy (which admittingly was slightly racist but the transition from screaming to walking away with a decapitated head was very well done).

Predators was just dull. It's technically better but it's just not interesting and I have less interest in watching it. Danny Glover was miscast but so was Adrian Brody.