• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jaffaro

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
NeoGAF. But why NeoGaf? I think partly because of those great gifs surrouding the reveal and launch of current gen. Too bad that we don't see new ones anymore and I hope that nex-gens reveal will encourage people to create new ones.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I never joined the old site but had considered it a few times before it went up in flames then I saw this site pop up and I was like alright I guess.

I was initially interested because a lot of rumors seem to stem from here. Not sure what's keeping my interest though.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
0irVViO.gif

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I like to explore the truth

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I ask myself that every time I visit. ;)

Basically I just moved with the other GAF people that moved.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Gaf fell apart overnight and I took the first discord invite into what would become this place, and im not gonna not talk about video games on the internet.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
the outrage over some stuff is hours worth of entertainment
and its marginally better than reddit for actual discussion/questions

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This was recommended to me by a family member deep into gaming. I do know of Neogaf's reputation but have enjoyed their genre threads (like the one on cinematic platformers) from afar.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I posted on GAF for 12 years so it was a no brainier that I'd move here when that site ate its own ass. Got into GAF because their news was really current and it had better moderation than other sites, even though assholes could get away with a lot more in the old days.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I loved Gaf for the breadth of discussions, incredible amount of activity, and the news. This place had all of that in spades after Gaf exploded. I was so distraught for the 4-5 days that Gaf was gone before Era was born because I thought I'd lost something so very dear to me. I also think "Resetera" is one of the best names for a site ever and I really do just love coming to this place. It's my second home.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To display my love for cinematic third person video games. And if I piss off those who hate them in the process, that's a sweet bonus. Also to represent #TeamPlayStation 💙

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
was on GAF...and hated that place. luckily it died and Reset era replaced it

gaf made me wait 6 months to activate my account. and then banned me for life 3 days after i was finally allowed to post

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I joined Era through GAF, so the more interesting question is why GAF:

I came to GAF late--in 2015, despite having been gaming since the 90s. Generally, I did not use the internet much.

Overtime my hobby dwindled: I have generally conservative buying habits and the HD revolution killed so much of traditional stationary console gaming for me, outside of Nintendo. Then Federation Force happens and I become incredibly frustrated and despondent with gaming. I start commenting in comment sections, which, are well, a cess pool. I start seeking out boards. That leads me to GAF.

GAF reinvigorated my gaming hobby. For as cynical, hyperbolic, and just plain toxic we can all be there is a lot of good information and recommendations about games hidden underneath. I opened myself up to gaming suggestions and exploration and my gaming life has subsequently much improved.

I don't really use Era in the same way though. I found a community at the tail-end of GAF/beginning of Era and I've mostly sequestered myself in said community--increasingly so. Get a lot of good recommendations and deeper cuts that way without all the other stuff. Plus camaraderie.

IDK. I've been trying to reengage with broader Era again since the anniversary. It hasn't gone particularly well :P (which is on both me and my expectations but also honestly on Era). Still, I believe in the place on some level and the community at large has a certain place in my heart.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Because most of the talent and people abandoned GAF and came here, so I did the same.

Just like to read, react and discuss games/media.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Had to get off the sinking ship.

That was fun to watch happen over the course of a weekend.

Mar 23, 2018
I did not come from any other board. I read about the DMC V leaks back in december last year and joined the fun. My favorite threads are probably the Nintendo speculation threads like Directs or the Pokémon speculation stuff before Let's Go was revealed. I don't have a Switch, but those threads are so entertaining. I also enjoy reading recommendations about games. This stuff made me stay and eventually join in later on.

Also, the gifs and the hot takes. Yes, that's the spicy part.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Migrated from GAF.
I like talking about games and I appreciate the platform that doesn't tolerate bigotry. Plus I've managed to learn quite a bit here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Fled the old country, etc.

I joined there because it was one of the few places I could find to discuss smaller Japanese games, and the best place to find news, blah blah.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Migrated from Gaf. Why Gaf/Era? Because it's about as left as you can get for a gaming site and nearly everything else is a right-wing shithole and fuck that noise.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an ex-Gaffer. I joined Gaf after lurking for many years mostly because I wanted to take part of sales discussions, even though I never do. I always read every post of the NPD/predictions threads and value Mat's, Zhuge's, and the rest of the gang's opinions.

On another note, one of my favorite posters Nirolak has disappeared for weeks from posting here. Anyone heard from them?

Oct 25, 2017
Used to be a regular at GAF. Got perma-banned for some incredibly stupid shit. Became a lurker and watched that place go down in flames from the outside.

Migrated to ERA as soon as it was up.

Not 100% happy with this place, but current GAF is an absolute cesspool full of very dumb people. So I see ERA as the lesser of two evils. I have become a lot less active here, though. Too much toxicity and negativity, inherited from the old GAF.

Nov 30, 2017
Was at Gaf but didn't post much because everything in was gonna say someone else would.

Edit. Joking

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
uhh is this supposed to be a trick question??

Because GAF blew up and imploded. I'm pretty sure that's 90+ percent of the posters on ERA

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I posted on GAF for 12 years so it was a no brainier that I'd move here when that site ate its own ass. Got into GAF because their news was really current and it had better moderation than other sites, even though assholes could get away with a lot more in the old days.
not sure what you mean by this

I always felt GAF was too heavy-handed in its moderation and banned too many people, long before the incident which led to ERA

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even though Era and Gaf are still pretty bad, Gfaqs was unnecessarily toxic.

I mainly come for all the news of all sorts in the industry being pooled together here(As opposed to disconnected message boards or sites for each system).

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cause I waited 3 years to be allowed on GAF and never made it. Wanted to be there because info popped up there first when it comes to nerd culture/gaming news. All the things I'm into. So when ERA started up I wanted to get in at the beginning.