• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's obvious with me ofc. Plus it sounds cool. I mean, everyone wants to be a "Vex". It's lit af.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
On an episode of Jackass the guys were racing golf carts and someone spray painted "Gooch" and "Doober" on them.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Favorite music plus Angie1 to Angie21 was already taken when I made my Ign account.
Too lazy to think one different, so I been using this username ever since.

Oct 25, 2017
A anime/manga called 'Bleach' has Zanpakuto (sword) releases that makes them stronger and I decided to make up one a long while ago.

Mine was Scream Silently, Drifting Spirit

Thus, DriftingSpirit came to eventually be.

One example -

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
My favourite enemies in Super Mario World!

105b39a769cf20d4e709a338d4a3d4a2--king-boo-mario-tattoo.jpg

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Coronation street is a famous soap that started in the uk in 1960 and in the early 2000 it got the nickname Corrie hence my nickname Corrie1960

the show will be celebrating its 60th anniversary next year

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it was just a random jumble of letters that I thought sounded cool when I was young.

Nowadays? I enjoy the confusion my lower case l brings to the table, and I always get a chuckle out of someone going 'Wait, that wasn't a capital I???"

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend has only been with Asian people who typically don't have a whole lot of body hair so when she saw me naked for the first time she laughed said I'm like a bear and that she's never seen chest hair before and because this is in Japan her pet name for me became Kuma Bear.

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
My dad was putting my first and last name as my gamertag but was struggling with the controller and mis-spelled my name LOL. I've stuck with it for I guess 15 years or so.

OP
OP
subpar spatula

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly it was just a random jumble of letters that I thought sounded cool when I was young.

Nowadays? I enjoy the confusion my lower case l brings to the table, and I always get a chuckle out of someone going 'Wait, that wasn't a capital I???"
To be honest, I've always pronounced your name as lawn-ee.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was either the Diablo 2 random name generator or another that gave me the name Piston Sledge. I have since shortened it to Piston.

I also now have little stuffed bison named Piston and a lobster named Sledge that both represent places I've lived.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It's an obsolete reference, and therefore it's timeless.

(I wish I had included spaces between the words ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Pudie Tadow was the original name/working title of the album Morning View by Incubus, which is a favourite of mine. I went by PudieTadow for years and everyone just called me Pudie so I jus shortened it to that instead.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I have used this user name for everything for a long time.

It's a persona of the main character in the Locke Lamora books.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Years ago while playing Star Control I made a custom race of Carl Sagan robots programmed to cleanse the universe of people who did not heed his warnings of destroying the planet and perusing petty wars. They were called The Saganators. Thought it was pretty cool so I stuck with it.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I picked the username FireDragon04 in 2003 as my Xbox Live Gamertag while playing Midtown Madness 3 and waiting for Halo 2 a year later. I kept this name and it still is my name in some places but changed to iFirez in the 2010's as just a shortening of that original name and I've stook with it since. I've also gone by Fyre/FyreUK when I ran a YouTube channel for 5 years and way way back before my teens when I first got a PC, I went by Blade Liger, purely because I loved Zoids so much growing up. Most people just call me Fire or Matt though, my username is not that synonymous with me.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Obie Trice, real name no gimmicks

Used to be a huge fan of Eminem back in the days and Obie was frequently featuring on his songs and I liked the Trice part.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I've always pronounced your name as lawn-ee.

It's pretty close! Those who knew me the longest with the handle has defaulted to Laow-ni, and I get Lay-o-nee on occasion for those that see the L

For the those that see I, I usually get ee-ow-nee or i-ow-ni, or people avoiding saying it at all

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
My Twitter account is rant_war and I was worried an "agressive" name like that wouldn't be allowed so Lant_War came to be.

As to why I called myself rant_war, I have no idea.

OP
OP
subpar spatula

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty close! Those who knew me the longest with the handle has defaulted to Laow-ni, and I get Lay-o-nee on occasion for those that see the L

For the those that see I, I usually get ee-ow-nee or i-ow-ni, or people avoiding saying it at all
So how do you pronounce it?