• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
You don't need to accept anything, If you think there is no more value for you, cancel your subscription. Simple like that,.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
They could drop to only one game and people would still pay, so count your blessings.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Because they probably had the data to show a bunch of people weren't touching those vita/ps3 offerings.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
To play online and to use cloud saves.

Sucks that I lose the PS3 games ( of which I've installed many and played many) and the cross platform PS4/Vita games.

problably people who are complaining don't use too...

I did. :) But go on, paint those of us who are miffed with a broader brush. Brush away!!!

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
"Sense of entitlement" doesn't really apply as a criticism when you're paying money for something that is now giving you less than it used to. You're actually allowed to feel "entitled" to your money buying you a certain amount of value, and to re-evaluate that transaction when the value received decreases! Crazy concepts, I know.

Anyway I dropped my sub. I'm not a huge online gamer and the sharp curtailing of games included in plus really left a sour note.
I was entitled to 2 games at the start andy I'm entitled to 2 games now.

It's unrealistic to expect Vita and ps3 support. They are dead. Ps4/ps5 will give us more next year.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 4 they dropped had no value for me so from my POV, nothing was lost.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
With the current set up, they are focused on two "big" games a month, and that is a much bigger problem than annoying end users. That also means we will rarely get a games like Iconoclasts, Rouge Aces, Spelunky, Necrodancer, Galk-Z. Super Meat Boy, and Transistor anymore. It is a total fuck you to the indie games that helped launch PS4 5 years ago. I am sure a lot of those studio would like the boost a PS+ listing would give them - both as advertisement and an increase in profits

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
because sony can no wrong and will be defended on everything they do.

i do wonder how long into the ps5 life will they add ps5 games.

Give me a break.

Also, judging by the PS4 they'll offer two PS5 games at launch. The PS4 got Resogun and ... Contrast, I think. So, one really good game, and one really bad one.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't really lose much. I barely turn on my PS3 and my Vita games are mostly played from games I buy myself.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Just cancel your subscription. They gave you a year to do so.
I gave them a year after launch to see what it was all about, then cancelled it. I always felt like they held me hostage since I only got access to new games uploaded to the service while I subscribed, I could never get them retroactively, so you can't really go on and off without the service dropping in value. I'm not a fan of that approach. And paying for online gaming is a big no-no. Won't jump in again anytime soon.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I think for a lot of people it just didn't matter? The Vita was never that popular to begin with and the PS3 dropped like a rock once the PS4 came out. We've gone from six games to two, but most folks probably haven't noticed much difference beyond the occasional cross-buy title.

It does suck though. If there's a decrease in quantity then there should be a bump in quality to counter it, but next month's PS+ offerings are weak sauce.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Does Apex require a PS+ subs? I might not renew my subscription once it's over now that there aren't any new Vita titles and I've already played the past ones I wanted to.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With the current set up, they are focused on two "big" games a month, and that is a much bigger problem than annoying end users. That also means we will rarely get a games like Iconoclasts, Rouge Aces, Spelunky, Necrodancer, Galk-Z. Super Meat Boy, and Transistor anymore. It is a total fuck you to the indie games that helped launch PS4 5 years ago. I am sure a lot of those studio would like the boost a PS+ listing would give them - both as advertisement and an increase in profits
I would totally be down for a "big" game and an indie per month.

I can also imagine the thread bitching about that happening.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Because I play on PS4 and have had 2 games the whole time. My PS3 isn't even plugged in, and I have no clue where my vita is after I moved to my current house in 2014. Most people don't care because most people on PS+ are there for PS4 games and multiplayer.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sony rarely pays attention to indies any more. Most indie games hit the store without any fanfare, and rot there. They have a few sales, and increasingly these happen very close to launch as the games get lost on the storefront so fast there is no other way to get noticed. Now, one of the last big ways for these small games to get more eyes on them is lost. Alongside cross play issues, it is no wonder games like Wargroove and more avoid PS4 for a day and date release, and focus their workload elsewhere.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I'm effected as I was getting the free ps3 and vita games, but I just assume that we'll be getting free ps5 games once it releases bringing us back up to 4 games a month. I'm also hoping the quality of the games goes up but that is yet to be seen.

Edit: The surge and Conan are both games I'm interested in and happy to see for free in April.

Last edited:

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't and let my sub lapse this month. I'll probably resub come next gen, but I play MP primarily on my X.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Because I play on PS4 and have had 2 games the whole time. My PS3 isn't even plugged in, and I have no clue where my vita is after I moved to my current house in 2014. Most people don't care because most people on PS+ are there for PS4 games and multiplayer.

With inane responses like this no wonder Sony feels like they can do what they want

Stillmatic

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The service started off as 2 free games a month. Then shifted to 2 free games per platform, we were fortunate some of those games were cross buy. Now only 1 of those platforms is really active it's not surprising they dropped back down to 2.

It would be nice if they lumped some PSVR games in there.

We'll get more again when PS5 hits.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
I was entitled to 2 games at the start andy I'm entitled to 2 games now.

It's unrealistic to expect Vita and ps3 support. They are dead. Ps4/ps5 will give us more next year.

It is unrealistic to expect PS3 and Vita support in perpetuity. Nobody is doing that.

I was paying for two PS4 games, 2 PS3 games, and 2 Vita games a month -- many of which supported crossplay, resulting in a net of 3+ PS4 games per month. This has been reduced to a flat 2 PS4 games a month, with no (apparent) compensating increase in quality.

It is not entitlement to object to a decrease in value provided for the same money. If you aren't still actively using a PS3 and Vita, this may not strike you as the decrease in value relative to the transaction you agreed to. For others, it clearly is.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
With inane responses like this no wonder Sony feels like they can do what they want
An honest response that details why people don't care about a thing as much as you do is inane? Being realistic isn't the same as being stupid. Thinking that people should care about "losing" games that they either don't play or can't play due to a lack of the system they are on is more foolish than realistically understanding that many people are not functionally losing anything.

If my post had said something like "you should be happy you get anything at all" or some indication that I was glad that people who take advantage of those other platforms' games could no longer do so, you would have a point. Stating facts about usage statistics of legacy hardware doesn't really sound inane to me.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I loved Xeodrifer. I probably would have not found it if it was not for PS+ promoting it. Nothing like that will happen again with the current set up. It is not just the fact I got a 'free' game, I got exposed to something I never knew I would like (or even existed), and loved it. The developer also might have more eyes on them for future releases. That was a good feeling that is now lost.

v6RGUTV.gif

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
An honest response that details why people don't care about a thing as much as you do is inane? Being realistic isn't the same as being stupid. Thinking that people should care about "losing" games that they either don't play or can't play due to a lack of the system they are on is more foolish than realistically understanding that many people are not functionally losing anything.

This is why I was annoyed. You could play at least 80% of the Vita games on PS4 due to cross play. Even if you never noticed that many other people did. They were good games too - even if they were not "AAA" or whatever phrase you want to use. Some months, they were even the best part of the PS+ lineup

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
CROSS
PLAY

Please read a little bit of the thread before posting nonsense
You're coming across as a bit of an asshole. Maybe don't go straight to attacking people who share their opinions? I know about cross play, and again, my post was mostly detailing why few people really care, not glee at the coming loss of features for those who do. Save your snark for people who are actually happy that they're removing games from the other systems, rather than those who are merely acknowledging that they personally aren't losing much.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
I think people like us who visit gaming forums overestimate the value placed on the free games for XBL and PS+. I've had plenty of friends who had subs and either didn't know or care about the free games, and only sub for the online access.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you can't see the value of 24 PS4 games a year plus online functionality for $60 a year is just baffling to me.

May 22, 2018
I sub to PSN, and for years Xbox Live, for the online multiplayer. Everything else is extra for me. My condolences to those upset about this, but my gut feeling is that you are in the minority.

Hopefully the game count goes back up with the PS5.