• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 17, 2018
So, obviously starting in March, PS+ dropped their PS3 and Vita offerings. I assumed that meant we were getting, at minimum, 4 PS4 games, but, nope. Just The Witness and MW Remastered. A whopping 2 games. Good games, sure, but, the number dropped, regardless. Maybe I missed the communication that we would only receive 2, but, even if I saw one, I still would have been shocked.

This was madness to me, but, I saw a lot of people saying "hey that's a pretty good month, so, I'll take it." And, like, I understand if you didn't play the PS3 / Vita options that you wouldn't necessarily miss having those, but, how was it not expected that they would still make up for those in some fashion? Some said "well, this means they'll put more effort and money into getting better games each month" but...

Now we find out that, for April, we're getting The Surge (MC of 74) and Conan Exiles (MC of 68) as offerings, so, I'm not really buying that excuse. I'm sure these games are fine, but, you cannot tell me that we shouldn't have expected better if that was the real reason for dropping the number of games.

Why is this acceptable? How is there not a reaction on the level of cross-play or PSN name-change going on here? I know those are different subjects, but, this is something we are actually currently paying for and seeing a significant drop in value, and, yet, barely a peep from the community.

NOTE: this isn't about missing the PS3/Vita games. This is about making up for them considering the cost is the same and seems to only go up.

Edit: Adding this as it's a good visual representation.

Except you weren't getting 'just 2 PS4 games a month' at all, you were getting between 3 and 6 PS4 games. Now you're only getting 2.

qg2LP8v.png

Last edited:

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have PS4 and always got 2 games.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gamers rise up!

I was hoping for some PSVR games at least, even though I don't have one.

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely didn't. The quality of offerings has not been great and I'm probably going to cancel my Plus sub and go month to month for whenever the big MP game comes out.

It's a shit move by Sony and getting mediocre titles like Surge and Conan is just...

Lol

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
There was a lot of talk about the drop from 6 to 2, but like you said, it was tempered by the quality of the releases last month. I fully expect there to be a lot more noise after this month's reveal. Right now I'm basically paying ~$40/year for cloud saves and discounts since I barely play online or the free games, and I don't feel great about it. LOL

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I think.....there was a thread about this (when it was first announced it was dropping down to 2), but it's probably because they have to shift gears for the inevitable ps5 and whatever rollout they have in mind for that.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Same reason you accept no crossplattform play between PS and Nintendo/Xbox.

There isnt much you can do about it, its their plattform.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
You guys accepted paid online to begin with, this is normal.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I pay PS+ to play online with friends. The games are just a bonus to me. I will never cancel PS+ so long as it is required to play online multiplayer games.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
What is there to do but to accept what they confirmed a year in advance? Send a message with your wallet, I let my sub lapse.

Nov 3, 2017
Most people are locked in to a year or more it would be dumb to complain when you can't do anything

Now if your sub expires and you think it isn't worth it then you stop

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
I was never here for the games. If they make online free today I'd never subscribe and they know that.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Because fanboys defended the move and said it will make the games in the lineup better/bigger and more recent than before.
This month is pretty mediocre, yeah.
PS+ got worse over time anyway. They could have left some titles included for a long time, like it was at the start (Gravity Rush 1 on Vita for example), could include a VR title as a third title, etc.

Everyone gave up on Sony improving their service (not just PS+), so that's why nobody really complained.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to accept it. It's a subscription service. If some people did "accept" its probably because the change doesn't affect them as much as it does you.

Spongehead56

Jul 6, 2018
Wisconsin
I don't mind it because I've only liked maybe 1 (at most) of the PS Plus games each month anyway.

And I believe they'll add PSVR games eventually.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
The two March games were more appealing to me than any of the six the months before. I'd rather get better games than more games.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
What an odd way to phrase a title, I feel like it's this little peek behind the curtain of the way some gamers think they can just weaponize outrage.

And they gave literally a one year heads up on this. If it isn't of value to you anymore, you had more than enough time to unsubscribe.

Mike Rambo

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
iirc they did actually give 4? There were absolutely two others on the free games page when I claimed my free games

EDIT: nvm, I guess I remembered wrong. That's so odd though, I feel like I remember it so clearly

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I was never claiming the PS3 games and once in a blue moon I'd claim a vita game. But still, they should add at least another game in there.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
So, where are the PS3 and Vita owners? I mean they should be the ones "complaining", right?

Do you own a PS3 and/or Vita? I'm genuinely curious.

As for your other questions...I don't care for cross-play. I own an XBX, PC and PS4. And name change, really? I mean how many people have been dying just to change their PSN ID? I've had mine for 5+ years.

It's not like Sony put Netflix behind a paywall. Ahem.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm waiting till my subscription runs out and then I'll have a serious think about wether I want to keep it going.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
They don't want to just give away all the games for the current system they are trying to get you to buy games on

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure, but didn't this basically happen similarly before PS4 came out, where it seemed like nothing was coming out on Plus? Expect it to get magically good again when Ps5 releases.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think more the issue is at the beginning of the generation when they went paid online that was the bigger issue.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
The money saved on the now removed PS3/VITA games should have been used to negotiate at least a 3rd PS4 game, that's a shame

Fortunately, I bought 3 years for 25€ each some time ago, I think I didn't resub otherwise