• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Let remove the race part. You are playing a song that is glorifying killing, in a work place.
In America.
Where gun violence happens daily.

And you wonder why some one would say "what the fuck"?

I'd be looking for a quick exit and calling the cops.

Keep that song at home or wear head phones.
We live in Sweden though. I get what you're saying and I appreciate the point. NOFX is a band located in the US though and sings about many dark political topics as punk bands do.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I need to explain myself? Sure, why not.

I'm just a great fan of NOFX, as were some of my coworkers. We always played a curated list of our collective favorite songs (this was like 10 or more years ago) and of the many NOFX songs I happened to like this was one of my favorites because of the blend of musical styles.

At that time we were a tight work group of 5 people that sat in the same enclosed room. All of us came along very well. I actually played this song about 4 times previous and all coworkers were aware of the lyrics except one. The one that didn't pay mind was kind of in "his bubble" until one day. He listened to the song but once it hit the punk part when NOFX repeat the line over and over is when he finally noticed.

He didn't get angry or anything, he was just suprised because he's mostly used to old timey songs about love & such. The other coworkers just laughed and was suprised he didn't notice earlier. I was the youngest there but my closest boss was about 43 at the time and laughed it off as well andhe also liked NOFX and we had a good relationship.

did this really happen or is it just something that went through your head pube boy

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Uh, probably because this is the season for Xmas Has Been X'Ed. Kill all white people is an April 12th type thing?

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Oh if you're taking requests play Skeletor vs Beastman by CKY next.
Hmm, I'm very tempted m8. It was sick beat and I was feeling it but I'd have to read all of the lyrics to make sure there isn't anything offensive in it.

Edit: I can reimburse you with this sick ass beat that has gone through all the screening processes:

Last edited:

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
The Decline is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's absolutely timeless and describes our current global political climate to a T.

Playing Kill all the White Man out loud in an office is asking for trouble. Stop making posts just for the attention. You can't possibly be dumb enough to not understand why someone could have that reaction.

Oct 29, 2017
Nofx is cool and all but I keep my punk music to myself at work. Nobody wants to hear anyone's obscure deep cuts. Not saying NOFX is obscure but yeah, most people will just nope when they hear it

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The Decline is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's absolutely timeless and describes our current global political climate to a T.

Playing Kill all the White Man out loud in an office is asking for trouble. Stop making posts just for the attention. You can't possibly be dumb enough to not understand why someone could have that reaction.
It wasn't in "an office" as most people seem to interpret, and absolutely not an open one. It was in a closed room of 5 tightly-knitted work mates.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
It wasn't in "an office" as most people seem to interpret, and absolutely not an open one. It was in a closed room of 5 tightly-knitted work mates.

Regardless, your post is BS. Even if it was just the two of you, you can't possibly be confused by someone reacting that way to Kill all the White Man. It's a song that is almost guaranteed to cause that reaction .

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to deliberately make things awkward for your co-workers at least do it with good punk music

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Regardless, your post is BS. Even if it was just the two of you, you can't possibly be confused by someone reacting that way to Kill all the White Man. It's a song that is almost guaranteed to cause that reaction .
It was just the one. Everyone else knew the song. And the one dude didn't even get angry or anything, he just said "Wtf are the saying" and dropped it. Then we continued playing other music for the rest of the day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
It was just the one. Everyone else knew the song. And the one dude didn't even get angry or anything, he just said "Wtf are the saying" and dropped it. Then we continued playing other music for the rest of the day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

And yet you decided to make a thread about it?

What exactly is your point?

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good job OP.

He clearly planned to bring a gun in the office and kill everyone.
He got spooked by the song knowing that you where onto him.
With your insight you saved all your coworkers life.

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
User Banned (1 Week): Creating a Troll Thread and Trolling over a series of posts; Thread-Making Privileges Suspended
How y'all feel about the lyrics though? No one commented on that.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my entire life experience with NOFX.

I was at a sandwich shop with a friend.

Friend: Have you ever heard of NOFX?
Me: Yeah, they were popular when I was in high school.
Guy making sandwich: Uhh, they're STILL popular.

I will never forget this interaction.

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Here is my entire life experience with NOFX.

I was at a sandwich shop with a friend.

Friend: Have you ever heard of NOFX?
Me: Yeah, they were popular when I was in high school.
Guy making sandwich: Uhh, they're STILL popular.

I will never forget this interaction.
Lol 😄
Yeah, one other person said that earlier in the thread as well. But no one seems able to supply better alternatives for punk. But they like talk down other peoples tastes though.

Edit: As another one ☝ above me here.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Give me some tips my man.

Edit: I would like point out to you and to everyone that follows that I try to uphold some standards, so be respectful with your choice.

I mean you do you, but that kind of bouncy, major-y pop punk has never really done it for me. You could always go with Dead Kennedys, Reagan Youth, Circle Jerks for some bands with some comparable themes but are more gnarly/raw. Or IDLES, to name a modern band

If you just wanted people to talk about the song, you should have just made a "What do you guys think about this song?" thread

Oct 27, 2017
Share some of your best punk with me, I'll gladly listen to it.

Why didn't you make a thread about recommending music then? Instead of some weird ass story from ten years ago.

Anyway, IDLES, as the above poster mentioned. Titus Andronicus as well (The Monitor is one of the best album of the 2000s, I won't hear anything to the contrary)

OP
OP
Perzeval

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I mean you do you, but that kind of bouncy, major-y pop punk has never really done it for me. You could always go with Dead Kennedys, Reagan Youth, Circle Jerks for some bands with some comparable themes but are more gnarly/raw. Or IDLES, to name a modern band

If you just wanted people to talk about the song, you should have just made a "What do you guys think about this song?" thread
Hey, I like raw punk very much as well. I especially like voices that ain't "up to scratch"and sound rough as well.

As for why I made this thread.. Well, yeeah. It was funny for me at the time. And it did happen, but I should've known that working conditions are very different in say the US.

This happened 10 years ago? And you are still thinking about it? What in the world man.
It just popped into my head. You know like memories? *POP* Ahh, there it is. That happened before. I remember it so clearly. Such a silly time that was.

Why didn't you make a thread about recommending music then? Instead of some weird ass story from ten years ago.

Anyway, IDLES, as the above poster mentioned. Titus Andronicus as well (The Monitor is one of the best album of the 2000s, I won't hear anything to the contrary)
Because it was funny for me at the moment. But does it matter now? Here we are talking. The same as if I'd have made another thread.