• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I purposefully hid the information from you just so you could make this thread, OP. Sorry but i'm not sorry. I wanted my extra post.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I actually found out about Hadestown because of CliffyB's move to produce it. Listened to it countless times ever since, it's fantastic!

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. Didn't have a clue. I got the vinyl a few months back. I really hope when COVID is over in 5 billion years that I can go see this live.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Hadestown is an amazing musical. The show has been a work in progress for several years. Long before it ever made it to Broadway.

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
That is really funny since I've gotten super into Hadestown over the past several months, and I had no idea. It's not super publicized though, it seems - so I don't really know what his actual involvement is. He's not listed on the creative/production page at all: https://www.hadestown.com/team.php

It may be financial investment at this point, or maybe he's since no longer part of the project? I dunno. But it's still funny and interesting either way.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The musical itself is incredible, & they even have a Christmas album.

It's a fact I like to ignore, to spare Hadestown's general excellence from being sullied.
I'd imagine that most of his involvement was probably getting the show on Broadway in the first place. I doubt he was actually involved in the creative process.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Honestly seems for the best that Era and CliffyB ignore each other, there's a lot of deserved and undeserved tension there

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
People love to hate Cliffyb but can't deny the man has had a hand in generation defining games. Unreal + Tournament, Gears and Fortnite. Somebody bankroll this guy and give him another shot.

Oct 25, 2017
The musical itself is incredible, & they even have a Christmas album.

I'd imagine that most of his involvement was probably getting the show on Broadway in the first place. I doubt he was actually involved in the creative process.
Oh I know. The show's been in the works for years and he didn't seem to come on until it already had left London. So I suppose "thanks" are in order for helping get the show to B'way, but it was a done deal regardless of his involvement.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh I know. The show's been in the works for years and he didn't seem to come on until it already had left London. So I suppose "thanks" are in order for helping get the show to B'way, but it was a done deal regardless of his involvement.
Yeah, it would've happened either way. Cliffy likely just made it easier.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it. Pretty good except for when he has a cameo in the underworld as a COG from Gears.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm on my phone right now, so I can't go through all of them. The one example can be seen in Chant (Reprise), where Persephone's part was axed to focus on Hades & Orpheus. They were even changes between the actual live Broadway performance in the cast recording for Epic II.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Seeing Hadestown burst in popularity has been such a weird, but exciting thing. I'd been a fan of Anaïs Mitchell for year's and she always talked about wanting to do it. I'm so happy it's worked out for her. She deserves all the best. If you haven't, listen to her other albums and the original Hadestown, too, since there are differences. Bon Iver plays Orpheus wonderfully. Think my favorite album of hers is still Hymns for the Exiled, but Young Man in America is damn good, too.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast

A big thing I noticed is Orpheus is less focused on himself and his wants and more of an all-inclusive "we ALL deserve better than what Hades is saying is good in the Wall." But he sort of realizes his power to unite as he's singing. It's really powerful, although the original is amazing, too. I don't think any song has replaced the original. One just works better as an actual stage show, whereas the other works beautifully as an album. Both are just as thoughtful in execution.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I may or may not want to marry Eva Noblezada.

Maybe.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Fun fact, he also co-created the first two Jazz Jackrabbit games with Arjun Brusse (Killzone, Horizon Zero Dawn).

This can be taken as cheeky obvious sarcasm or actual "holy crap I didn't know that" depending on your age and gaming experience haha