• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
doom-patrol-1555063759.jpg

After watching 4 episodes of Titans I dropped it because I became more interested in the Doom Patrol for the brief cameo they made so I decided what the hell Ill give it a shot and GOD DAMN why did nobody tell me this show was so damn good? It possibly rivals my favourite *Superhero* show Legion (season 1).

No experience with the comics or any of the source material but wow what a WEIRD as fuck funny and at times emotional show no idea what I was going to get myself into but im glad I gave it a chance, the *DANNY* episode was straight up bonkers in the best possible way.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I've been yelling about Doom Patrol for like a year now. It's the best superhero show on the air right now by a pretty wide margin.

Oct 26, 2017
I was really expecting a mediocre show after Titans S1/S2 (really bad and lame) but i was surprised; it's extremely well done and well executed.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Doom Patrol is amazing, Amazing cast and voice cast.

Alan Tudyk and Curtis Armstrong as Ezekiel especially were delightful to listen to.

Why can't Titans be as good? It had potenteial but they just can't help themselves with the drama, they got rid of the Teen in the title but kept the teem drama.

Last edited:

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading that there were some changes between the backdoor pilot from Titans and the new pilot from Doom Patrol.

So, what were they?

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly one of my bigger hopes for HBO Max is that it manages to get Doom Patrol more attention; while I enjoy a lot of comic book movies and shows, Doom Patrol is one of those ones that deserves to break out to a larger audience and being on DC Universe has always felt like a huge missed opportunity. I generally pretty heavily push the show and had absolutely no response when somebody (who had watched all of Titans!) told me they quit the show after four episodes because it was 'boring.' Rejected for being weird I'd get, boring just confused the hell out of me.

I keep trying to push it where and when appropriate; it's such a good show.

Nov 23, 2017
glad I came across this thread, I thought this was just another CW type show (Miss me with all that, I like DC but more like the DCAU and Arkham) but I gave it a chance and I'm hooked.

I really wish Brenden frasier could have smoked that joint

Last edited:

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Tons of people on this forum have raved about the show. It wasn't hard to hear that it's awesome.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading that there were some changes between the backdoor pilot from Titans and the new pilot from Doom Patrol.

So, what were they?

The Doom Patrol show makes no reference to Titans and the show runners have said it's in a different continuity. Considering some of the things that happen in Doom Patrol, it's probably for the best.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Coming off of S1 Legion, I had reservations about S2 which turned out to be true.

I don't have that feeling with Doom Patrol, can't wait for whatever they do.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
While I don't think it rivals the firs season of Legion, which by the way is obviously primarily inspired by Grant Morrisons run on Doom Patrol, it really is pretty great. If I was told someone would make a reasonably accurate tv adaptation of DP a few years ago I would just have laughed at them.

Now buy the Grant Morrison omnibus!

This is highly recommended. As good as the show is, Morrisons run is superior in every respect.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's what I keep saying!

I hope HBO Max draws in more viewers, it really deserves it.

giphy.gif

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's fantastic. Not just great superhero show but great show in general. The character work/development rivals the best series.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've been loving it since it first arrived on DC universe.

Alan Tudyk is a blast as Mr. Nobody.

And they did Danny perfectly.