• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I still play the game regularly and I can easily say it's probably my fav BR game out there with surprisingly Warzone being a close second. The game just feels so fluid and once you learn the characters, the game just opens up and becomes really fun to play. I was talking to a friend of mine during a match and we both just thought about how Apex kinda fell off the map. Not to say that the game is dead, there is still a sizable community there but it wasn't as big as I feel like it should of been.

The constant complaint I hear is forced squads which I get to extent but honestly from the time I played the Solo limited time mode they had it wasn't that great tbh. The game just works a lot better when you have multiple people in the squad synergizing and supporting each other but hey that's just me.

ps3ud0 8)

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Got any numbers to back up your claim that is has fallen way off? I have to ask because a lot people say this about various games but then I check the Steam stats and I find that the game is just as popular or more so than it has ever been.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Did it really fell off that much? Seems to be doing well on Twitch whenever I check top watched games.

Though I assume as soon as it hits mobile it will go really big again.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It did? It's still the main game my gaming group of friends play. Season 4 is great.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The fact that i have to play a shitton just to unlock a new character really bummed me put

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Still seems pretty successful to me. I'm sure it has a dip because of Warzone's launch but I think it's been doing really healthy since Season 2. Season 1 I think was probably a dip because there weren't any map changes and the battle pass was weak, but it's been a lot stronger since then.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'll be honest, I love the game but I've since subbed in Warzone. It's very, very, very satisfying to have a quick TTK again. That was my only gripe with the game.

OP
OP
Remark

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Got any numbers to back up your claim that is has fallen way off? I have to ask because a lot people say this about various games but then I check the Steam stats and I find that the game is just as popular or more so than it has ever been.
Never said the game was dead, the game is still very much alive I stated the game didn't catch on mainly in the mainstream like I thought I would.

Like I saw it as game that would have like 50-70k consistent on Twitch and be like a big deal but it didn't happen like that.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Personally I had a ton of fun with it but got tired of the way fights go down with trios. I agree with you on solos not being the best with limited time mode but I'd honestly be happy with solos just having no character abilities. I really prefer BR solo to really feel like survival and last man standing.

But even if they never did solos I can't understand why duos or quads can't be options.
Also crossplay is a huge deal even if some people like to act like it's not that important. When the competition has such consumer friendly crossplay and cross progression. It really gets tiring to not be able to play with friends unless you switch platforms but then none of your progress comes with you. Fortnite does it right and even Call of Duty for god's sake does it amazingly.
They are behind in that aspect and to me it is a big deal.

Another issue to me is I think Titanfall gameplay was just better and it kinda just bums me out when playing Apex even though Apex is still high quality in its own right.

Right now I'm loving Warzone and it's given me solos after only one week and also the crossplay allows me to play with my brother on Xbox while I'm on PC when in Apex we can't play together at all. I honestly don't know when I'll ever bother getting back into Apex. They need to make some big changes in my mind.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I've played it regularly since it came out. I think permanent solos and duos would probably boost the playerbase, but I'm not sure how anyone could tell? It's not like Fortnite or PUBG dominate conversation like they used to either, but they still have massive playerbases. It's not new anymore so there isn't a whole lot to talk about, you just play it.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Never said the game was dead, the game is still very much alive I stated the game didn't catch on mainly in the mainstream like I thought I would.

Like I saw it as game that would have like 50-70k consistent on Twitch and be like a big deal but it didn't happen like that.

Most played games - Microsoft Store

Most played games – Shop these 49 items and explore Microsoft Store for great apps, games, laptops, PCs, and other devices.
It's the 5th most played game on Xbox in the US. Just because people aren't talking about it here or watching it on twitch, doesn't mean it's not popular

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like it's sitting above 18k on Twitch at the moment right beside World of Warcraft and above Rainbow Six(which is very popular as well). That's pretty good. Not everything can reach the levels of GTA V, Fornite, or Counter-strike in terms of popularity but it's still one of the most popular games around.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not the hot toy of the month so people aren't covering it for clicks anymore so you are gonna think its dead because its not being covered left and right. Era also sways more towards single player games and not really multi so you wont see any threads here unless they do some awful decision.

Last edited:

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skill based matchmaking. I can't play with my group of friends without facing a bunch of sweaty Diamond/Apex players, because I was Diamond last season. So we just moved to other games, only going back to Apex occasionally.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Not the hot toy of the month so people aren't covering it or clicks anymore so you are gonna think its dead because its not being covered left and right. Era also sways more towards single player games and not really multi so you wont see any threads here unless they do some awful decision.
This basically. I was playing Apex in the middle of Warzone's launch week (since I tend to like Warzone as more of a side thing) and I didn't really notice any particular change in how long it was taking to matchmake. There's some ideas I would like Respawn to make note, but it didn't feel like it was doing anything serious to the game even after giving it time for more people to download 90GB worth of battle royale.

Admittedly I am also a much more middle in the road player (since I cap out at Platinum IV currently) so I'm also on the opposite end of whatever Respawn does with SBMM.

ebs

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It fell off on PC pretty hard, there's usually only about 20 total people in queue for casual in Australia

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I think Warzone took all the attention but I think it's still in the top 10? Especially right now? Fortnite, PUBG, Apex, and now Warzone are all fighting it out, honestly, the one that fell off was Blackout.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Do we have numbers to compare? It always came across as one of the more popular BR games.

Also, Steam update is upcoming.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it fell off much if at all. That said, it being one of the only big BR games without cross play doesn't help it's numbers and it being unable to add cross progression is going to hurt it in the long run. Other than that I think the first battle pass being so bad turned off a lot of people (I kind of dropped it after that and never came back) but it sounds/looks like they turned that around with subsequent ones.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The severe lack of character balance and all the bugs made me not want to play it any more.

Plus the super slow updates and shitty battle pass.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drip feed of new content. They needed to massively expand their studio and go all-hands on it like Epic did with Fortnite.

Oct 25, 2017
Spent way too long on that first patch.

The bad tickrate I just read in here is probably a contributing factor too, even if most people don't realise that's why they're missing/getting owned it still sucks

MoogleMaestro

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played it since the last patch, but I honestly got about 300 hours into it last year and didn't spend a dime. I wouldn't say it has "fallen off."

With that being said, me not spending a dime on a game I invest so much time into might highlight a larger problem that they have regarding profitability? I'd be curious to know. (The caveat being that I basically never buy skins in any game that I play -- it's just not that appealing of a purchase to me.)

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
They took way too long to release meaningful new content after it came out. In today's market with live service games you have to be on the ball with that, because people will get bored and return to their other games that have new stuff coming out. Also the lack of duos/solos forcing people into playing with randoms in a heavily team oriented game due to the TTK leads to frustration and quitting. And their horrible monetization like the heirlooms and event lootboxes just made it a money sink if you wanted to be invested in the game.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It hasn't fallen off, but it's certainly nowhere near its launch numbers (nor will it ever be). The community has valid grievances, however. Here's some that I've seen on Era and other forums.
  • Extremely long waits between major updates, major updates often contain questionable balance decisions
  • Higher levels of play revolve around a team with Wraith, Pathfinder, and one more Legend who can fill some kind of denial/intel role
  • Mobility is king, and so far none of the Legends added beyond Octane emphasize this, meanwhile Wraith and Pathfinder are dominant due to small/weird hitboxes and incredible mobility potential
  • Extremely bad servers with a super low tickrate and tons of packet loss
  • Poorly implemented ranked modes with wonky loss forgiveness and aforementioned bad servers
  • Matchmaking in season 4 is a disaster that puts the game's very best players against potatoes, making it difficult to tell if you're improving or just fighting unskilled players
  • Revenant is really, really bad (this is a personal grievance; I was looking forward to him)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing it right now. It's absolutely still my favorite Battle Royale

this Didn't play season 2 or 3 but mega into season 4. 12th win of the season tonight wooo!

wish it had cross play or at least cross character stats.
oh. And a way to try characters before I buy them. I have enough to get two new legends but I only play Lifeline because I'm a scrub and all the other characters look too complicated without goofing around with them.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I recently downloaded this on my PS4 and I quite quickly got hooked on it. I dig the squad setup and gunplay and I'm always in full rooms.

it's probably my favorite Battle Royale game (though, I've only tried Fortnite and COD Warzone).
Couldn't stand the building in Fortnite and I just couldn't get into Warzone.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I think the problem in public perception is that Apex has a reasonable GaaS model for workers while Fortnite continues with its model of taking out tons of content monthly based on an inhuman crunch.