• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Are any big games coming out right before, the same week, or right after Dyas Gone comes out? I can't think of anything other than Sekiro which if I'm correct is 2 weeks before this.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Hmm between Ghost and Days Gone, I'm more interested in Days Gone. Ghost looks like its going to suffer the same issues the Infamous games had, uninteresting plot, writing and characters. Hard to tell where Days Gone will stand but the hordes and how many they're able to put on screen at once is interesting. Assuming they can keep the FPS stable.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks great, and I expect it to be a fantastic game that far too many people are sleeping on.

Lol at Toni and his ilk who're so insecure they dragged BotW into this.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
10 million views on that video surprised me.

Could actually be popular, though I think it's one of the most boring looking upcoming AAA games. It's missing something, some kind of allure besides a big ass horde of zeds. The open sandbox motif and uninspired looking combat just loses me as badly as the tired Far cry games have, except with seemingly more drab characters.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
They must be pretending because you are unable to understand why anyone would be excited for Days Gone?
Once again, no, it was because they were posting like youtube-comment console warriors. And since I haven't seen much of that here (let alone multiple posts in a row) I thought it might be a bit.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Despite usually enjoying a lot most of Sony's first party output, and this game's theme kinda being my cup of tea i am somehow only mildly interested right now, and will wait until it launches to learn a bit more about it and decide.
I want to like it more but it lacks something, at least from what has been shown so far: too action oriented instead of horror and/or survival.
However i do not agree it is generic. Maybe not super inspired, a bit bland so far design wise, but that's it.
Hope I'm proven wrong and end buying and enjoying it, And hopefully it is a success for Bend. We need as many studios as possible doing big SP games.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
LMAOoooo

Edit: The first rule of being a shill, call someone else a shill.

I wouldn't go that far.

Once again, no, it was because they were posting like youtube-comment console warriors. And since I haven't seen much of that here (let alone multiple posts in a row) I thought it might be a bit.

There are a total of two troll posts on the first page, not "half the post on the front page".

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
over ten years ago i was asking when the zombie fad would be over

i'm sure this game will sell well off production value and marketing but count me out

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Horizon had the most picks for biggest flop of the year for 2017. People were actively shitting on the game in the preview thread despite glowing previews, but one or two faces looks iffy and everyone fucking panicked.

GoW had a shit load of people concerned on Era, because they weren't showing gameplay or having preview events until like a month before release. A lot of people were shouting gloom and doom for the game, that Sony wasn't confident in it, that the gameplay took a backseat for the story. Even the glowing previews had a shitload of haters.
Not to mention everyone crapping on the lack of jump button and boat segments.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I played this at PAX AUS and it was a total snooze fest. Can't say I'll be buying it.

Maybe I'll wait a few weeks til Sony cut it half price like the rest of their games.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
My most anticipated new IP this year. I hope the game world is as brutal and immersive as it appears to be, and it has a compelling story. I honestly love everything I have seen so far of the game.

Also, I have been craving a good new TPS for a while. Days Gone looks like it has potential to be a fun shooting game with the amount of enemies you can mowdown at once.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
over ten years ago i was asking when the zombie fad would be over

i'm sure this game will sell well off production value and marketing but count me out
Zombies are as much of a fad as aliens, so they'll never be gone. Games like RE2 remake prove they can be horrifying and exciting today. DG is lacking there; it's not creepy, it doesn't look unique, doesn't have much of an identity. Maybe that's marketing's fault.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
my problem with it is, the times that I've seen it, the zombies looked dumb/slow to react

Last edited:

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
This is not scratching any of my itches, but I hope for Bend it does well. It's been painfully long in development, so it should be well polished on release..Personally feel a bit open-worlded out and after RDR2, the living world bar has been set bloody high. DG is almost a game and concept too late....hope it surprises me into a purchase :-)

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Damn this thread is something else

This must be what it's like for Microsoft fans to try to discuss an Xbox game outside of the first party thread.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility; Ignoring the Mod Post
Went about as expected I suppose:)

Wind your neck in. You knew exactly what you were doing. The post reads like a cross between an official PlayStation blog and a Sony fan boys wet dream.

I have no feelings on this game and all your carefully selected YouTube stats and sound bites won't win over those that do have concerns on the eventual outcome of the game. I get that you are excited about it, but fuck me this thread! I mean, I honestly think between these types of posts from the op, the "let's x our avatars with the latest game release" the "sell me on x game" threads I finally feel I'm getting to old for this shit

There is very little to no discourse to be found here and more flag cheering for mega corporation x than real insight.

So with that said, enjoy your plastic toy and here's hoping your "team" wins! Good day sir

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
I don't know if this is going to be a big franchise for Sony but I can see the game doing well with a good marketing plan and through word of mouth as well.
I'm not too interested myself in this game but I wish Sony Bend all the best to selling well.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I think the game will have a few surprises , I was surprised how polished it was when they let press player it 8+ months ago.

Imagine what they have been adding / polishing since then .

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Wind your neck in. You knew exactly what you were doing. The post reads like a cross between an official PlayStation blog and a Sony fan boys wet dream.

I have no feelings on this game and all your carefully selected YouTube stats and sound bites won't win over those that do have concerns on the eventual outcome of the game. I get that you are excited about it, but fuck me this thread! I mean, I honestly think between these types of posts from the op, the "let's x our avatars with the latest game release" the "sell me on x game" threads I finally feel I'm getting to old for this shit

There is very little to no discourse to be found here and more flag cheering for mega corporation x than real insight.

So with that said, enjoy your plastic toy and here's hoping your "team" wins! Good day sir
Are you ok? Calm down..

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I don't think so. It looks interesting but the whole zombies thing is getting underwhelming at least to me
It will not fail thats for sure because its a PS exclusive game but getting high praise? Most likely it won't happen

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think so. It looks interesting but the whole zombies thing is getting underwhelming at least to me
It will not fail thats for sure because its a PS exclusive game but getting high praise? Most likely it won't happen
Yeah, to each their own, but the zombie deal seems five years too late to me unless it's as good as something like TLoU. Not my jam personally, but I hope for Bend it does well.

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I strongly disagree. I think it will do decently critically and commercially but I suspect it will be pretty quickly forgotten when the developers move to another IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.