• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
days-gone-hd-wallpapers-32947-5726998.jpg

Sony's biggest exclusive announced for the year by the long dormant Sony bend(console development wise) is days gone. The open world,Survival rpg focused zombie apocalypse took to the stage at e3 and has gotten big buzz since. It hits all the right notes with the casual and core crowd and it stands out from the tlou enough to compete on its own with its dynamic weather, dynamic world events such as freaker hordes; ripper ambushes and enough side content to keep you playing for hours such as freaker nests, rip camps, bounties and more

Enemy variety to keep you on your toes such as the freakers, the newts(adolescence when infected) screamers, rager bear, infected cougar; infected wolves, infected crows, humans and of course the horde

Graphically it's a beautiful game set in Oregon and we all know graphics catches the wandering eyes of gamers easily
MV5BOWQ3N2QwZGMtNzMxNC00MDc2LWFhYjAtN2VlYmE0MzE4YjE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYwNDA2MDE@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

Most importantly the hook and the biggest eye catcher among reaction videos obviously the horde this cluster of freakers that can come charging at you each one being an actual individual is both frightening and exhilarating . These hordes can grow to a size of 300 at minimum from what we've seen and bend has described those as "baby" hordes
days-gone-screen-08-snake-axmelee-ps4-us-13jun16

And no don't drive into them
WearyWarmheartedHalicore-size_restricted.gif

Days gone has caught the attention of many amassing over 10 mil views from its debut gameplay demo of over 10 minutes

Also holds the title for gameinformers most highest viewed video on YouTube yes even over Spider-Man with a hour long gameplay video gathering 3.2 mil

Also ranked #13 in reset era most anticipated list.

Needless to say bend crafted a hit on their hands can't wait to see how it takes off like horizon did two years prior.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
HELL YEAH
ResetEra is going to learn to respect the name Days Gone
80+ Meta, top 10 on NPD for 2019, bigger than RE2, Sekiro, and DMCV
Don't @ me

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I agree. This is one of my most hyped for games this year. I really feel like playing a game like this. It will review well and sell even better. It will be the Let's Go of this year, and y'all will learn to respect it.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Wish it had a multiplayer component otherwise I would have bought this, so for now my money's going to that upcoming World War Z game looks fun and actually well made very L4D like too

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so tbh it looks underwhelming in every way but we'll see. I'll give it a go when it releases though.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
yea it looks like something that could get really big. i didnt realize how big however, until i got an article about it in a freaking local sports website, not games, sports. that tells me that the casual readers are super interested in this game, and, it looks really good. i am still worried about some aspects of the gameplay but as we will get closer to release and know better i am sure those aspects will be clarified.

Nov 30, 2017
This will probably do well. I'm a PS only owner but it's not grabbing me yet. Hopefully when people are playing it on twitch it makes me want it.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If it's not super heavy narrative and focuses more on the survival mechanics and the hordes and such I am very interested. Excited to hear the reviews.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I made a bet in my friend circle that Days Gone would be another great PS4 exclusive, despite them all insisting otherwise.

People think to underestimate it, just because it's a zombie game. I think it's gonna be a hitter, though. First major Sony exclusive of 2019, and with them not doing E3 this year, you bet your butt they're gonna do everything they can to make sure the exclusives they release this year are of a very high quality.

Myself, I'm optimistic towards it. If done right, this has the potential to be a super intense, single-player Left 4 Dead style game. It does well to convey the danger of the zombie horde, as opposed to peppering maybe 3-4 mindless drones in a small play area, or just going for numbers without substance, ala Dead Rising.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Good points. I think it's going to surprise a lot of people how well it does, both critically and commercially. It's hitting all the right notes for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting on word of mouth before buying it but I genuinely hope it turns out good. A big open world single player zombie game sounds damn interesting.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
I don't think the game will review that well tbh, it will be top 70s/low 80s, but I am confident it will sell enough to grant a sequel.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Low effort drive-by post, history of inflammatory posting.
Yikes

Oct 24, 2018
Looks like a openworld checklist to me, even more than Horizon was. Almost nearing the typical Ubisoft game.
That said, I think it'll do 'ok'. Haven't seen much marketing though.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Sales wise no doubt, this thing is gonna sell. On the quality I hope you're right but Days Gone and Concrete Genie are the first Sony games in a while I just can't get hyped about. DG looks generic af and CG just doesn't appeal to me on a conceptual level.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Days Gone looks like a multiplat, honestly. Nothing against multiplats, obviously, but it's just what it feels like.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It really could be. Depends on how it reviews, how Sony supports and markets it and also how gamers get on with it.

Or it could be the next Order 1886 game...

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I think it's one of the Sony franchises that has the most potential to reach the mainstream, behind Spiderman obviously, and TLOU. Btw that's not to say it looks amazing, just that it has a bunch of elements that make it highly marketable.

But potential isn't much by itself. I think it'll be a good game but it's going to need to be more than that to become a long-term thing.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I'm personally not interested in it, but this has all the makings of a sleeper hit indeed.

Mashdyno

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I love open world games so I'm definitely getting this.

Bend has had a lot of extra time to polish so I expect this to outperform and impress more than recent impressions would lead you to believe.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
It just looks super uninteresting and generic. I have no doubt it will sell and get atleast 80+ on meta but it will not stack up in comparison to everything else coming this year, its not even going to be the best zombie or post-apocalypse game.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ERA is terrible at judging the popularity of games. If people really think a AAA post apocolytpic open world Zombie game with the backing of a top tier developer/publisher won't sell well, then they're clearly delusional and don't know what the market wants.

Screenshot I shamelessly stole
image0.png

It also has one of the highest view counts for their Game Informer coverage videos on youtube.
UsTF59E.jpg

Two of the top 5 videos on Game Informer are for Days Gone.

Great thread and I agree.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
It'll do fine - probably the equivalent of Detroit Become Human or Infamous Second Son, in both sales and review scores.

I'm not expecting Spider-Man sales numbers though. I was lucky enough to see an exclusive dev walkthrough a few months back, and it looked really rough. I'm hoping the delay has fixed and cleaned up a few things.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Why does the OP read like a weird vague PR piece

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I have yet to see a single good showing of the game. It looks extremely generic both in terms of gameplay and setting.
I'm sure it'll sell well though, people don't seem to care much about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.