• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Seriously. I saw a few days ago someone mention that they hit the cap for how many people you can ignore and at that point it's just like... why are you even on a forum if you're going to ignore everyone?
The cap is 1k people on a board with 50k members. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Note: please expand the ignore list cap I have hit it 3 times

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What a weird take.

The ignore function here. Blocking and muting on Twitter. Muting post on FB. There are all amazing tools that add to my online QoL.

Yeah I joking, I don't actually think the forum should troll people on purpose

I don't ignore people but mainly because I don't want to always be thinking did someone I can't see derail the thread, did they make a good point? It's easier just to see a shitty post and think, "yeah that's a bad take", and keep scrolling

I'm glad it's there for people who want it though. I think the mods tend to do a good job with moderating discussion anyway so I've never been compelled to ignore someone

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why lol.

Why are you guys turning this into a personal thing?

Think IRL, do you chill, hang out and converse with everyone you know? NO. Do you enter into every conversation in your social vicinity?

People have preferences, annoyances, predilections. Freedom of association is a great thing. The ignore function is just a tool that mimics these IRL scenarios.
I know but it would be a nice way to gauge if you're doing something dumb.
"Hmmmm every time I make my daily Naruto thread I get at least 37 new ignores. I wonder why?"

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
You want a Self-Ban for an X amount of time or are you trying to delete your account?

Not to derail, but why did this person have to ask this in a thread for it to get done? Seems like the only way questions/requests actually get attention is when people make public posts about them. I sent a mod a message over 2 years ago and never heard back.

I understand it's a thankless job and you get tons of messages but it's kind of awful that you have to put yourself out there to everyone if you actually want to get the mods' attention.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I joking, I don't actually think the forum should troll people on purpose

I don't ignore people but mainly because I don't want to always be thinking did someone I can't see derail the thread, did they make a good point? It's easier just to see a shitty post and think, "yeah that's a bad take", and keep scrolling

I'm glad it's there for people who want it though. I think the mods tend to do a good job with moderating discussion anyway so I've never been compelled to ignore someone
It's not even about extreme bad actors.

Some posters are just annoying lol.

Again, this is forum posting. I'm not judging their characters. I don't know them. But if I read this forum a lot, removing annoyances is a great thing.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I saw a few days ago someone mention that they hit the cap for how many people you can ignore and at that point it's just like... why are you even on a forum if you're going to ignore everyone?
There's a cap?? Is there also a cap for ignored threads? I don't ignore that many users, but I ignore like 10-15 threads a day.

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the Dino Crisis posts I guess

Not actually sorry

Your name was the first thing that popped into my mind once I read the title, as I know that you enjoy to harass people with all these Dino Crisis post.

That being said, I think you are doing god's work and you should fill me with everything Dino Crisis, senpai! *kyaaaa*

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
i ignore all of the mods
i don't mean that i have them on ignore, i just don't pay attention them because i'm the forum's bad boy

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Alright, maybe I just haven't noticed lol.
They probably don't bother you. That's all.

But that's why the ignore function exists. It's a personal thing. Who I find annoying, you may not.

It's like the coworker that tells the same joke ad naseum lol. Some ppl keep laughing, others cringe lol.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
They probably don't bother you. That's all.

But that's why the ignore function exists. It's a personal thing. Who I find annoying, you may not.

It's like the coworker that tells the same joke ad naseum lol. Some ppl keep laughing, others cringe lol.

Yeah that's probably what it is, it takes alot to get me annoyed. I guess i'm used to people's nonsense from spending too much time on Twitter lol, Era is pretty tame in comparison to other places on the internet.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If I put the mods on ignore theyll never find out about my frequent rule breaking posts.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
The real question here is can mods put people on their ignore lists, including other mods?

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
And if there was a thread title keyword ignore option (please admins...), these would be my first rules:

*can we agree that*
*it's [year] and*
*in the year [year]*

(I don't like threads that insist on telling me what year it is. I find it patronizing).

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
An option for unessential posts would be nice, I'll admit to having this thought after reading certain posts.
The cap is 1k people on a board with 50k members. I don't I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Note: please expand the ignore list cap I have hit it 3 times
An increased cap would be nice too, I don't want to do inventory management with the ignore list.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Sometimes fan bias shows and I'm good on seeing that from a mod.

but in reality you can scroll past non administrative mod posts. What you can't do is have the option blizzard has on their forums.

where you hit a button and a 400 page thread gets summarized into just 5 pages.
If we are making requests i would love to see that.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer more enforced rules against Mods for posting in bad faith instead of being able to be able to add them to my ignore list.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I only block people who are annoyingly pedantic out of spite. Also if I'm in a bad mood and somebody pisses me off sometimes I'll block them as a way of resisting the temptation to get into a forever-argument where I spend time I don't have arguing about something I don't care about.

Might fuck around and just start blocking Sonic avatars to see what that does for my browsing experience.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I just ignore threads rather than users. Any thread that has "see staff post" in the title usually ends up in my ignore list. They are usually dumpster fires and probably should have been killed off long ago.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see my ignore list of people I've ignored (it's no one) but is there a way to see if anyone is ignoring yourself? Not like a list of all users, but just a count.
Could be interesting to see X amount of people are ignoring a person.

This would be great, I feel like I'm shadow banned. 😅

😢

🤐

Just please don't make any 'Karen' threads. Those get ignored on sight along with the poster.

Sus

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to make a cover of the "Become as Gods" song from Nier Automata and have it go:

"Become as Mods! Become as Mods!"