• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
awkwardauntmaydisplay.jpg
Omg.....

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring forum posts is so weird, do they bother you that much? I ignore posts without needing a button to do so.

Pretty much my policy; if its problematic, its reported. If I don't want to read it, I just keep scrolling. -- but I do understand that's my policy and can see why others do use it. Sometimes you just simply don't want to see it.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it make sense to remove important posts about actual moderation, but I've been enjoying Era a lot more by using my Ignore list for console warrior types / low quality posters / etc.

I just found out you can't actually ignore mods, though - is that a feature we can turn on?
Console warrior/quality posters.... so you pretty much blocked 90% of posters in Off Topic forum and 99% of posters in Gaming?
Also, why block a mod, cant you just report them if you have issues with anyone of them?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Ignoring forum members is so weird, do they bother you that much? I ignore posts without needing a button to do so.
Seriously. I saw a few days ago someone mention that they hit the cap for how many people you can ignore and at that point it's just like... why are you even on a forum if you're going to ignore everyone?

Oct 25, 2017
It does seem weird that mods frequently post as normal users, but yet we can't ignore them. Staff posts and warnings always come as a stickied threadmark on the bottom of each page anyways. I know this thread has been mostly joking and mods themselves participating in that joking so it's unlikely to lead to any actual answers, but it would greatly improve my browsing experience here.

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does seem weird that mods frequently post as normal users, but yet we can't ignore them. Staff posts and warnings always come as a stickied threadmark on the bottom of each page anyways. I know this thread has been mostly joking and mods themselves participating in that joking so it's unlikely to lead to any actual answers, but it would greatly improve my browsing experience here.

Agreed, it's not uncommon for a mod to derail a thread which can make the site experience pretty awful. It happened in a big thread yesterday even. I haven't ignored any users yet but the state of the discourse on the site some times tells me I should, for this year at least while the platform wars rage on.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im haunted by the never ending fear that i might get murdered by the ghost of the fish i caught in 2003

that fish deserved to die, fucker owed me 200 bucks

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
If we're talking about ignore features that could be neat, how about ignoring a thread with a specific term in it? Say I never want to hear about e.g. Fortnite here again?

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
you know what i want ya'll? the ability to ignore our own threads

ya'll jump me super hard in my posts sometimes it's like i dont wanna see that yo

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i will be a mod someday

that scares me more than it scares any of you, trust me

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand ignoring posters or threads, the mega shitposters/trolls usually get banned and if something really bothers you just skim past it.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
If mods want to be treated like any other user when not posting in an official capacity then it would make sense to be able to ignore them. I've encountered some mods/admins on other forums who were good at their job but definitely not someone I want to be forced to listen to outside of that.

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If you ignore a user, who then ascends to Modhood, do they smash themselves from the shackles of everyone's ignore lists?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
[Opens up a mod's page, clicks ignore user]
"You have ignored this user"
User Banned (2 Months): Ignoring mod posts
Lmao

I don't personally ignore anyone but I don't see a reason why this shouldn't be possible as long as actual moderation posts are separate.

I wonder if I have been put on any ignore lists, I'm not a fanboy if either system and generally stay out of the threads focused on one piece of hardware but I have been banned for the trolling of fanboy's from each side before.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If I were a mod, I'd make my tag Mod Hand

And all my ban messages would be stuff like:

User banned (2 weeks): You're not Alexander!

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I"m right there with you. I wish we could ignore mods. There are a couple I would love to drop on my ignore list.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Mod actions aren't always a thread reply banner or a threadmark. Sometimes we ask one or more users to move on from a point or to cool it in standard posts, specifically to avoid threads deteriorating to the point that users need to make reports and we need to take mod actions.