• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
It's time to fess up, villagers. You have not been playing AC New Horizons that much, have you? Hah, I knew it.

It's time to explain yourselves.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot to make a poll...

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's boring bruv. I have two jocks and they keep talking the same thing. I'd rather have the villagers calling me slurs in the first one than the soulless trite going on
I'm one dude with 10 robots in an amazon factory

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just constant repetition with a constant slog to every interaction.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I felt complete once I got a 5* island. I may go back again. But I have other stuff to play/do

OP
OP
Asbsand

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
User banned (1 month): Trolling. Large variety of accumulated infractions.
It's boring bruv. I have two jocks and they keep talking the same thing. I'd rather have the villagers calling me slurs in the first one than the soulless trite going on
I'm one dude with 10 robots in an amazon factory
Just constant repetition with a constant slog to every interaction.
I'm playing other stuff now
tenor.gif

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Needs improvements to some of it's systems. Like crafting pulling from your storage if you craft in your home. Too clunky without changes like that at this point.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've entered the stage where I'm playing almost every day but I'm in a routine. My island's about where I want it, I'm fine with most of my villagers, my rooms are all over the place but I need more furniture, I completed the fossil collection so I have no reason to bother digging those up unless I'm strapped for cash...

Honestly the lack of content wouldn't be as noticeable if it weren't for Isabelle popping up every day to say nothing is happening

I'm not sure what I'd even do to make it more fulfilling though, if I were a developer. More interactions with villagers, maybe some minigames? Island tours that are actually interesting?

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
pretty much did everything I wanted in the game... 5 stars, got all the villagers I wanted, and filled everything in the museum. The dialogue is way too repetitive to play it daily. I still log in once in a while but my playtime drastically decreased.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
The whole "1 island per switch" deflated my enthusiasm as my son went and did most of the island improvements before I got a chance to get stuck in.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
I wasted 80k on the stalk market about 2 weeks in and that just ended up souring me on the game.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I only play about an hour every day to do the daily routine and that's it. I have other stuff to do and I'm happy with just that.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I still play but will probably give up soon. There are several reasons:
  • The only hybrid flower that I need to complete all of them is the blue rose. It's taking very long and I hope to have it by the end of the month the latest. If I don't get it on time, I will probably not try it anymore, it's really frustrating
  • After getting the damm rose, I want to fill the island with trees
  • I have nothing else to do in the island, I'm fed up of fishing and catching bugs
  • Joycon drifting
  • There are some other games that I want to play
It was a great game for lockdown, but I'm getting tired after 3 months, and I'm not imaginative at all right now

Dec 2, 2019
What's annoying me the most is Redd's appearance ratio, they really, really need to address it soon.

But I'm still playing every day, I'm not done with my place

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
I have days where I only do most of the basic daily stuff, but generally I still play it a ton. Still have so much landscaping to do on the island and my house is a mess that still needs a lot of work to get the best HHA prize. Doing the Wedding Season stuff every other day to get that furniture, trying to catch the summer fish/bugs, trying to get all my villager portraits (have only 4 so far), obviously waiting for Redd to show up like everyone else, still doing turnips because my finances have been tumbling due to the constant moving/building of infrastructure and expensive shopping, visiting my sister to help out with her island projects, trying to get more gold and star fragments to be able to craft those recipes...

Probably average 3-4 hours per day still and essentially haven't played any other games since ACNH released.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ya got me. I haven't played in a few days. It's just tedious to me at this point. I'll probably get on once a week at this point. Too busy playing Stardew Valley again.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing a little less right now - mainly because I've literally covered my entire island in flowers. Just the blue rose left then a horrible task of digging up hundreds of flowers and trying to arrange some of them neatly.

So my daily routine right now is just dig/replant hybrid roses, water if needed, go buy more shovels/watering cans - and give presents to the three villagers I don't have photos of yet.

Once thats all behind me I'll need to look at a more normal life and a bit of terraforming.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just done. 100 hours may be small amount for someone, but I don't want to play anymore.

Maybe if there was some real gardening, crops, cooking... But for now I just don't find it as interesting as before. I'll probably log in when the season changes - but then again, all my villagers will be pissed, right? I don't like there are negative consequences of taking a long break.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
As charming as the series is, I can never truly shake the feeling that it is a waste of my time.

Spending half hour each day watering my virtual flowers and pulling my virtual weeds is time I would better spend watering my actual flowers and pulling my actual weeds.

It's probably the only game (that I have played) where I feel this way. I guess the core gameplay is just too close to the routine of real life for me.

Of course, the animals are better in the game. Less likely to catch them shitting in my runner beans.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just done. 100 hours may be small amount for someone, but I don't want to play anymore.

Maybe if there was some real gardening, crops, cooking... But for now I just don't find it as interesting as before. I'll probably log in when the season changes - but then again, all my villagers will be pissed, right? I don't like there are negative consequences of taking a long break.
I believe there's almost no real negative consequences in this game for taking a hiatus. Yeah your villagers might comment and maybe some weeds will have grown but that's not a big deal.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's been out for three months and I don't need to keep playing everyday to feel like I've got my money's worth. I'll play it once in a while to check some new stuff, like I've been doing with every AC games.

Jun 2, 2019
But... I am. Every day daither before lunch or at 17:00 or so i give it like one hour of gameplay or so. It's part of my daily routine now and it's getting dangerously close in playtime to Pokemon Sword

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I stopped playing, but my gf is still doing her daily routine. I think there's some new fish etc since last week because she was showing some. Might start again once the rumoured update with vegetables is there.

CoolAssGoat

Oct 27, 2017
The game reaches a point in which it looks like I'm doing a proper job and proper chores rather than playing a videogame to have fun.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It's my GoTY so far but hell if there not huge problems that really get in the way of the enjoyment. The load screen for every room, the fiddly nature of building, either putting tiles down one at a time or the fact you can only move a building one at a time or have to destroy a bridge then wait a day until you can build another. To wait another day. Why do I need permission to construct. Why do villagers need to be asked every time to move house when they say yes anyways. The constant babble of on screen messages that you don't need to keep reading. Just the inane task of literally accomplishing anything in the game really. It's quite frustrating as the core game is there but it's really limiting and there's literally a barrier for everything you do that really doesn't need to be there.

That's why I'll stop playing eventually and there doesn't seem much hope of any of this being fixed.

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I play it less as I have my island mostly as I want it and have over 12 milion Bells in the bank. I have over 210 hours right now.

I still do my morning routine, and every month I try to catch all new bugs and fish. I do daily shopping to grab new and cool stuff (if available) I also participate in the timed events. I feel like I'll be doing this for some more months at least.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I still play it 3 or 4 times a week in 20 minute bursts. That's how I've always played it.

They really need to do something about the villager dialogue though, I barley read the text anymore it's so repetitive. They should make adding new dialogue part of their regular content updates.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
I've not enjoyed the game as much as New Leaf. I've played NH for about 40 hours, NL was in the hundreds.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, look who's making a thread to shit on New Horizons. What a surprise.

250 hours, still playing about an hour everyday.

Deleted member 18847

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played for about 70 hours, felt like I had seen everything the game had to offer. Last time I played my shovel broke and I could not be bothered to go to my house, then to my storage, get the mats and make the damn thing.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I paid off my house and terraformed my island to be how I wanted it, I don't really have any interest in playing it as a "game as a service" for months on end with the quantity of content it has. Also even if it had more content to justify playing every day I don't think I would simply because I have limited game time and I've already gotten my Animal Crossing fill for a while now, I want to move on to other experiences.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hit the point where I was tired of doing all the setup tasks and preliminary stuff. I was ready to settle into my normal AC rhythm but I was still glancing between guides trying to make sure I had every building and every amenity. All of the island design and development content was outside of what I was really looking to focus on with the game.

Doesn't mean it's bad, just wasn't really what I was in the mood to do and I had fallen off before I realized it. Maybe I'll get back into it someday, but the thought of returning only to find tons of weeds is turning me off as well. My relaxing game wasn't relaxing me.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
It felt like work. Feeling like I had to check in multiple times a day, or even just one day, made it feel like gacha crap to me. I enjoyed it, but it became more stressful than relaxing when I wanted to be able to do something when I didn't have the chance to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.