• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The PS One classics are playable on PS3, but I was surprised that there was no current gen bundle/re-release. They aren't even on PS Now.

I mainly ask because I ran into annoying flickering and frame rate issues trying to play the second game on PC, so had been hoping that I get them on PS4. So it was surprising to see that the old games are complete non-entities.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
They did release the first two games on iOS but I think they were later pulled. They were pretty good ports including redone textures and controller support.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i thought they were doing some sort of FFIX like remaster and adding analog controls to them with HD textures, i guess they silently killed that

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wondering myself. Ever since the 2013 reboot dropped, the legacy games (from the very first game in 1996 all the way to Underworld) just... kinda disappeared. They have a series of beloved games. They could easily sell two remastered collections to a lot of people (original saga: 1-5), Legend trilogy (Legend-Underworld), but for some reason they don't.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
The Legend trilogy is backwards compatible on Xbox One, at least.

I wish Square would do more with Tomb Raider in general, but I guess they're content with a new game every few years.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
The Legend trilogy is backwards compatible on Xbox One, at least.

I wish Square would do more with Tomb Raider in general, but I guess they're content with a new game every few years.
But Tomb Raider Legend on 360 was surprisingly bad. The OGXbox was 60fps, on 360 it was 30fps.

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dec 6, 2017
US
I'd love to have these as a bundle on PS4 as well actually. I still replay TR1 through Revelation here and there, they're great and unique games.