• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Not sitting at menu, when I die I just go right on the character menu the hero and circle the stick and if one is available it'll say "available in 8 seconds" then I just keep hitting X when it gets to 2 seconds. If it's not available I just try again next death. I play a lot and usually get to be Hero at least three times per match.
Weird. It's always greyed out for me, saying max number reached. I'll have to try more later, but I fear there will be the same outcome.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefront 2 ended up becoming an amazing game and it sucks so many have wrote it off for various reasons. I mostly play HvV but the other modes can be fun distractions. I'm not very good at shooters, but it's not a competitive game, so losing is really not that serious. It just feels cool being immersed in the Star Wars universe.

If it's on sale and you're a fan of Star Wars, definitely consider picking it up. Even the single player content will give you your money's worth at a cheap price point.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I don't like the UI, I don't like the game types, I don't like their idea of "co-op". I'd rather just play through Borderlands 3 for the umpteenth time.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

giphy.gif

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
How bout some Rogue One content? Jyn and Krennic were great additions to Battlefront 1 and although Scariff was a bit chaotic, there's some good potential in Rogue One imagery for a map or a space battle.

Kinda sucks they just ditched it. In fact I just wish they'd retroactively make all Battlefront 1 maps free and one big fuck off playlist instead of having to search for each map pack. It is the superior game.

Also OT stuff wouldn't be remiss. Other than skins I don't think they added any new OT content at all right? A new, in atmosphere, flight map would be cool I think the only one is Kamino?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Fuck it, I'm gonna get it. I need to trade in Fallen Order (which is utterly garbage on PS4 Pro) for something else anyway. I have fond memories of Battlefront 1.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I don't enjoy the game loop or modes and I've tried it multiple times now. I'd rather that just did a battlefield with Star Wars weapons. I'm just never having fun when I play.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Battlefront 2 ended up becoming an amazing game and it sucks so many have wrote it off for various reasons. I mostly play HvV but the other modes can be fun distractions. I'm not very good at shooters, but it's not a competitive game, so losing is really not that serious. It just feels cool being immersed in the Star Wars universe.

If it's on sale and you're a fan of Star Wars, definitely consider picking it up. Even the single player content will give you your money's worth at a cheap price point.

^

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I got sick of the updates. Which sounds weird typing it out, but every time I went to play it, it had a sizeable update waiting. So I'd just opt to play something else, like Apex.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How bout some Rogue One content? Jyn and Krennic were great additions to Battlefront 1 and although Scariff was a bit chaotic, there's some good potential in Rogue One imagery for a map or a space battle.

Kinda sucks they just ditched it. In fact I just wish they'd retroactively make all Battlefront 1 maps free and one big fuck off playlist instead of having to search for each map pack. It is the superior game.

Also OT stuff wouldn't be remiss. Other than skins I don't think they added any new OT content at all right? A new, in atmosphere, flight map would be cool I think the only one is Kamino?

I don't see DICE adding any new flight maps. Ever. They have refused to do so for the past two years.

I also don't see any new OT content coming for at least half a year from now. I do also wish all the BF1 maps (and heroes) were ported, but DICE has said they would have to be converted to the new engine, which means there would be almost as much work as making a new map/heroes, so they'd rather make new maps/heroes.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit over the weekend and it's a damn fine time

It's incredibly mindless, something I can throw a podcast on, whereas other MP games this year like MW and Gears are too intense to zen out to.

The production values are too notch, there seems to be a ton of maps, and the way DICE games dole out points for literally anything is still satisfying.

I also think the game plays better than its predecessor. All the guns in BF2015 felt purposely inaccurate in a way I could never click with. Here, I feel in complete control of my shots.

Oct 25, 2017
Because the people working on it lie through their teeth to string the fanbase along as long as possible for a mediocre at best game.
Im not supporting their BS.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Because I'm here looking at threads.

But no, I've been playing it and it's pretty great now. Good job on not giving up on it. Gotta give it to DICE; for the most part, they haven't given up on their terrible releases. BF4 at launch and today are two different games, same with this one.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't like how blatant and better the upgrades are, don't like how they keep using the star card system (let me spawn with a shotgun or a sniper finally omg), don't like the game modes and don't like the meat grinder style maps. Also think the shooting is a step back from Battlefront 2015 or even Battlefront 2 2005

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
1) Backlog. If I didn't have so many games to play, I'd probably have time for BF2.

2) They've neglected my 2 favorite modes: Starfighter Assault and Extraction. If they added some new maps/content to them, I'd have more reasons to return.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Some of the design decisions are honestly infuriating

The maps are hard enough to navigate especially the indoor meat grinder ones but there's no minimap? Yet there is a radar that lets you just see dots of every enemy on screen?

Why do they still not have a standard conquest game mode?

Why are 4 out of the 16 guns unable to be modded meaning they're destined to be in a worse spot than the others?

I know they don't want it to he a battlefield clone but even then I'm not sure why they abandoned the arcade-y shooting of the past games either.

It's like an amalgamation of the worst aspects of both franchises which is so frustrating because the atmosphere and whatnot are so great

Oct 31, 2017
I've been playing it with my friends. It's very fun with all the updates they made over they years. They gave it a lot of free good content.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Because its not a good game. The moment moment gameplay is incredibly unexciting.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I play it every so often, but it just doesn't feel good to play.

It's amazing in all other aspects, I just find the gunplay better in most other popular online shooters.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It's ok but it's carried hard by the IP. Shooting mechanics are so good in so many games that BF2 just doesn't feel as satisfying imo. At the end of the day though I think star card progression is terrible and grinding them sucks. I downloaded it again recently but after a few games I was over it.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in it but wasting money on it would be a dumb choice for me since history shows I don't stick to multiplayer shooters other than R6 Siege.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
There are much better shooters to play
There aren't depending on what you are looking for. Battlefront 2 is easily my most favorite of this gen. Amazing game. Actually loved it since release and never even had a problem with the progression system. Because if you played regularly you could get those cards you needed rather quickly. Also Starfighter Assault needs his own game already. So good.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I'm still on my EA boycott, thanks to that I even dodged shit show like Anthem and Battlefield 5.
Life without EA has been amazing so far.

4fa97c5829f4c.png

Feb 8, 2018
already have another Dice game and BF 3 should easily surpass it in case it'll be developed for the next-gen only. If i'm still interested in MP shooters by then I may give it a try.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Heroes. They are so stupid overpowered, makes the game a sloppy mess. They have so many one shot abilities and can mow through hordes of players without taking much damage, in the hands of souped up cards and good players, they decimate entire teams.

I just want to play basic troopers and such, pure class combat, but thats restricted to the boring death match modes.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This game is great now.

Now is a really good time to start because they are adding sequel trilogy maps to the capital supremacy mode. It will add a lot of replay value and variety.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefront 2 is an amazing arcade shooter. There aren't many of those around in the age of every game aiming to be the next biggest thing in the competitive scene.

It's brilliant.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think the game is a tremendous achievement but for the life of me I cant see shit in that game

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest I loved the original Battlefront in some ways more, I liked the attack/defend the AT-AT mode, and I wish they brought it back + all the maps from the DLC into the second game rather than letting them die off.