• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Why do you not want a Switch?

• WTF do you mean? I've owned one for years...

Votes: 748 59.1%
  • I'm satisfied with PC gaming exclusively

Votes: 33 2.6%
  • Not interested in the games

Votes: 87 6.9%
  • Can't afford the console / a library/ the ecosystem

Votes: 50 4.0%
  • I've already bought one

Votes: 225 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 4.6%
  • I'm satisfied with Playstation or Xbox

Votes: 64 5.1%

• Total voters

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
The Switch is technically next gen too, so I thought I'd see how people about the last(first) of the 3 shiny new boxes.

I personally have Regular Switch but might give it to my ex in exchange for a Switch Pro if I like it's new features enough.

I enjoy the Switch but haven't bought many games for it yet.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Where's the "my partner bought one, so my household is covered" option :D

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
reason i got one:
no idea, it basically collects dust if im not playing testris99 on it.
loved some nintendo exclusives too
but really got sick of their "full price after 5 years" game pricing. especially compared to crazy deals you find at competition.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
There's one in the house, but I don't use it as often as I used to. Essentially waiting for a Switch Pro at this point.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I grew up with nintendo, and sometimes would love to play some Donkey Kong, Zelda or Mario.

Those points don't produce enough leverage to make me buy into another system.

EDIT:
Also never will use a handheld.
If there would be some box without screen and a packed in pro controller for a very reasonable price, i could be also on board.

Last edited:

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I've owned one for years and the system is absolutely not my thing. It's there for my kid to play mario party and similar. Otherwise it doesn't get touched in this house.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
I've always been tempted to buy one, but never got around to it. Might as well wait for the "pro" model now.

Mario Golf might get me to crack though.

Oct 25, 2017
I already bought one and haven't turned it on in more than a year.

It's just collecting dust waiting for Metroid Prime 4. I think I will sell the console after I'm done with that game.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Where's the 'because of the analog drift issue' option? :(

EDIT: should be its own option! For ME! lol <3

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
36064.jpg
: Why are you not going to buy a Switch?

For a sec I thought I was being interrogated by Kirby lol

Adeptfawn

Oct 28, 2017
Part of it is that the Switch/Nintendo first party games are way too expensive in my corner of South America. But main reasons are that I don't care about portability (especially now that I barely leave my house) or, with very few exceptions, most of Nintendo's franchises (Three Houses is the only Switch exclusive I'd really like to play)

Jun 20, 2018
I'll get one eventually, probably even this year. So far the list of games I want to play is pretty slim. Mario Odyssey (played Breath of the Wild on Wii U), Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Pokemon Sword. Can add the new Pokemon and Breath of the Wild 2 to that next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I've had one since day 1, and I've put probably 100 hours on it, I probably should have waited but I buy every console anyway so whatever. The lack of any kind of achievement system does make me ignore it most of the time even though I own about 25 games on it (all exclusives).

I will also get the more powerful version day 1 lol.