• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Why are you not going to buy a PS5?

• I have a PC and will play most games there.

Votes: 193 9.6%
  • I have no interest in Sony first party games.

Votes: 223 11.1%
  • I can't afford it.

Votes: 60 3.0%
  • I can't justify another console purchase.

Votes: 128 6.4%
  • I (have) | (will buy) a PS5

Votes: 1,297 64.5%
  • Other, please comment.

Votes: 109 5.4%

• Total voters

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Just a simple thread to complement the Xbox one.

Curious of those who are not immediately sold on the PS5, what their reasoning is.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Definitely not gonna buy it while it still costs R$ 5k in brazil. If it goes down in price significantly then i'm very inclined to buy one.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I'm waiting for: it to be available at a reasonable price and with reasonable supply; and for there to be more games that I'm interested in (right now, it's R&C only)

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I did get one for my son but will probably get one in the future for myself for the exclusives but the price increase of those first party games really turned me off getting a PS5 for myself.

DaCocoBrova

Oct 27, 2017
PC is doing all the heavy lifting for me a the moment...and my PS4 TBH. But yeah, not enough exclusive content, controller durability issues, console design is just...not it, the lack of Dual Shock 4 compatibility, the inability to as of now expand the storage... I could go on and on.

I'll wait for the refresh/Pro cycle and reconsider then.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Already own a PS5 and I love it! All my friends and family are on PS5 and this gen is gonna be crazy with titles that appeal to me.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I bought it on launch day, the most I have played on it is Sackboy. I probably didn't need to get one right away as it currently is collecting dust but, they still seem kinda hard to get and the next batch of exclusives are coming up shortly.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting until PS5 only games on it and games not being full price.

Was planning to get it when my Game Pass sub is close to expiring and games should be cheaper by then. As of right now, the XSX and Game Pass seemed the best value-wise.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely hard to get down here, can't justify the game pricing right now, Sony isn't putting out games I'm all that interested in anymore.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have one but right now I regret it. The PS5 feature set is so far behind Microsoft's it's kind of embarrassing.

The way the system handles BC
No 1440p support
No ssd expansion at launch
No cold storage for PS5 games
The UI is awful
The console is hideous and way too friggin big

Last edited:

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I got one at launch but probably should have waited in hindsight. Hopefully FF16 hits somewhat soon because that was my main reason for purchasing. Demon's Souls was great though.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I should not buy a PS5 with my budget but if i can find one i might buy it with my tax refund coming.

Oct 25, 2017
I have a PC and will play most games there. I will miss out on those Sony games that they decide not to port, but they're not worth buying a whole new machine for.

I left consoles because of Playstation Plus. I refuse to pay an online fee.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
where's the "i can't buy it because of shortages and i might just give up if this keeps up" option.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Had a PS5 in my shopping cart today, but decided to not buy it...yet.

Things holding me back are some of the issues I'm reading about. Coil whine, DualSense controllers failing. I want to wait a bit and see how prevalent the issues are.

And there are no must play titles for me yet. I think I'll buy a PS5 when God of War and Horizon are out.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
I'm just waiting for something really strong. I do want to eventually play Demon Souls and FF7 updates, but there isn't anything huge imo that warrants a purchase while stock is still hard to come by

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
I currently have too many platforms I play on, I'll buy a slim/pro version in 3/4 years once I phase out my vita and 3ds

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I want to play R&C but the €80 price point and issues with the DS controller and annoying coil while issues with the console are making me hesitate.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I've been pretty much all-in on Switch since 2017 and barely use my PS4 as it is. I'm sure I'll have to get one eventually but right now if I weren't on Era I wouldn't even remember the next gen consoles exist.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Other: Playstation + needed for online games that are not free to play or require a subscription to play (MMORPG like Final Fantasy XIV).

I got a PS4 even though PS+ put me off, but I didn't really play it much because I used my PC to play games mainly (thanks to this move, best move ever, thanks Sony for pushing me to full PC). For now I don't even know if I'll ever get the PS5 any time soon since I'll be using it like I used my PS4, to play the single player games, and the longer I wait for those the better thanks to the price of the games dropping.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'll probably get it in a year or two. I waited on a PS4 until, like, a year after Bloodborne came out and had a great time getting older games for cheap and being able to just grab a console off the shelf.

Ryuun

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Haven't really seen any games yet that made me really want to put effort into trying to get a ps5.

I'll get one eventually, hopefully there will be a redesign at some point to make it smaller.

Oct 29, 2017
Will get one, but it's a low priority for now. But when they announce Uncharted 5 or if FF16 turns out to be full exclusive, I'm there.

Imho "I have no interest in Sony first party" is a crazy answer lol. So much quality there.

Last edited:

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I realized that after owning a PS4 since launch the only true Sony exclusives I bought were Uncharted 4, TLOU2, and P5 Royal. True exclusive meaning something that never made it to PC or Xbox.

I just don't think it's worth the money since 95% of the library is available on PC where I never have to pay for online. Once there's a non-hideous PS5 slim for $250 I will probably snag one to play the mythical Silent Hill game.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Same as the Xbox thread. I buy every console from the big 3.

Every generation. Whether it's Day 1 or year 3, I buy them.

There's no reason not to miss any exclusives if I can afford it. 🤷‍♂️

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
If $70 games seems high, £70 is a fucking joke.

I'm Sony long term but fuck them for this and lack of communication on exclusives being cross gen or not

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I'll likely get a digital edition eventually. Hopefuily end of this year, or sometime during the next.

There are always at least a couple exclusives worth owning a Playstation console for imo.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I will buy one when i have the money to spend and it's readily available. There are a lot of games i'm interested in so i hope can get one sooner rather than later.

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
Its easily available through scalpers here in my country, but buying it at retail price is a matter of luck if you manage to snag one within the 5min time limit.lol