• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
There aren't many Cyberpunk open world RPGs and this is coming from the creators of the Witcher 3.

Yup.

Not really super hyped for it on the account of The Witcher 3 having worse combat than Red Dead 2

I'm sorry... what? Aside from having completely different combat styles (swords & magic vs guns), the combat in RDR2 is awful (as are the controls for everything you do). Witcher 3's combat is actually enjoyable if you play on the highest difficulty and use interesting builds (i.e. non-Quen magic & alchemy).

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have no interest in cyberpunk as a general setting/subject. I'm only buying the game because it's CDPR

but I would have been much more hyped for a fantasy or sci-fi setting

Kenichiwak

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Witcher 1, Witcher 2, and Witcher 3, and the idea of them creating a cyberpunk openworld game seems great.

Oct 27, 2017
It's on the radar but I'm not sold just because of Witcher 3. I'll wait for metacritic reviews and word of mouth here before jumping on the bandwagon. I hope it ends up being great.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher 3 is one of the most beloved games of all time, no shit people are excited for the next big project from its developer...

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the mood for a real RPG. I feel like I've been playing with lots of RPG systems in recent single player games but I have hope that this will have the real character building that I want.

Miaus

Jan 28, 2018
The genre doesn't really matter to me, I care about the quality of the game, I'll play anything that's great and if it's coming from CDPR, it's probably gonna be great. Also, there is so much fantasy, futuristic settings are cool too.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the graphics, the setting, and the scope. I'll need to see more gameplay and if possible play it myself before making a purchase.

Jan 3, 2019
I like RPGs, I like Cyberpunk stuff, sounds like a good game to watch for.

Not a big fan of the Witcher 3, but the bits of gameplay I've seem from Cyberpunk looked good.

Last edited:

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
I played the pen and paper rpg this game is based on (Cyberpunk 2020) back in the 90s.

I'm very excited for this because I love that setting.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Bladerunner is cool. Shadowrun is cool. Open worlds can be cool?

I'm cautiously optimistic. I did not like Witcher 2 or 3, so I'm highly doubting I'll like the writing or handling of characters, but it sure looks pretty.

First thing I thought of was an updated Shadowrun. Its one of my fav games of all time. Hoping Cyberpunk can recapture some of that magic.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Probably because people liked the quality and scale of TW3. So far I'm in the wait and see camp. While I like the Witcher games quite a bit, TW3 has its issues.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk is my favorite genre of fiction. For ages now I've wanted an open world Cyberpunk game on a scale similar to The Elder Scrolls, but no one has ever delivered. CDPR has the both the talent and the money to really deliver on this. 2077 is basically a dream game for me.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk 2020 is one of the most memorable tabletop RPGs I have ever played, and seeing it realized by the devs who made TW3 is like a dream come true.

Plus, Mike Pondsmith, the creator of the aforementioned game, is 100% on board. I understand that lots of folks don't get how awesome that is, but it has me hyped.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Cyberpunk basically looks like the closest thing to the Shadowrun game I always wanted. And Witcher 3 was a lot better than W2, which was a lot better than W1, so CDPR has a good record of improving from game to game.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
I trust CDPR to release a fantastic game.

Aside from that, CP2077 specific things, I prefer sci-fi to fantasy. I prefer first person to third person. I prefer vast worlds vertically rather than expansive with a lot of emptiness. Shooter combat > melee combat. It looks to be like TW3 but better in every way, except pending the story which is a pretty big deal.

Kumomeme

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Malaysia
not fans of first person...so not really

..and cd projekt red need 3 games before nailed W3..just trying to keep my expectation

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It's made by a very competent developer and is set in one of my favorite settings.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
1. Single-player RPGs are perhaps my favourite genre
2. Cyberpunk is a sci-fi sub-genre I love
3. CDPR have a track record of making games I love
4. Great potential for tackling themes very pertinent to the modern world
5. The gameplay demo looked good

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Its a freaking cyberpunk RPG by the creators of the Witcher series. How can you not be hyped should be the real question.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not there yet. Cyberpunk is great, but open-world, GTA and especially first-person just loose me entirely. It becomes less of a cohesive experience with actually fun combat and more just chase the map marker, or run around aimlessly until it's time to get back to the regularly scheduled critical path.

May 26, 2018
It's like Deus Ex and a bunch of other science fiction things I love, from the guys who did Witcher 3. I mean you don't need much more than that.

Aug 27, 2018
That type of "cyberpunk" is my absolute favorite sub-genre of fiction, if you were to ask me what my dream game is...it's literally Cyberpunk 2077, it's been my most hyped game since the reveal trailer. Not to mention the Witcher 3 is one of the best western rpgs ever made (in my opinion) so if they can make a game in my favorite setting that has side stories as good as Witcher 3? I'm already assuming it will be my favorite game of all time.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
It's the closest I'll ever feel to having Prey 2 in my hands. It will probably be even better than what Prey 2 was trying to be.

ScentedFittingAdder-size_restricted.gif

2012-04-24-prey_2.jpg

prey-2-shoulder-gun_grqchc.jpg

And the feel of this trailer:

and this:

The shooting gameplay of Cyberpunk even looked as fun as Syndicate for 360/PS3.

Last edited:

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Yup.
I'm sorry... what? Aside from having completely different combat styles (swords & magic vs guns), the combat in RDR2 is awful (as are the controls for everything you do). Witcher 3's combat is actually enjoyable if you play on the highest difficulty and use interesting builds (i.e. non-Quen magic & alchemy).

You're wasting your time, overblowing the 'terrible cancer-inducing combat' in Witcher 3 is a favorite past-time around here. Meanwhile you can watch any number of playthroughs on youtube with people that actually know how to play the game.

And also the complaints generally about Geralt being 'slow' or unresponsive (nothing compared to a Rockstar game btw), but these folks seem to never have reached any of the Ciri portions, where the combat is tight, fast, responsive, et all. Because she's a demi-god and that makes sense, and Geralt is a witcher and has limits.

Anyway, it's dying on a dumb hill. Witcher 3 having bad combat has become a lazy 'fact'.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
There hasn't been a single open world cyberpunk game until now. And CDPR has a track record of delivering a great game.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Always been my dream to play a cyberpunk-themed open world game. The trailer showed a world a bit different from what I imagined, and the game's FPV, but there's still a lot to like about it.

Plus, I played Witcher 3 for the first time last year and it's every bit as good as people say it is; and I don't usually like western rpgs.

Dec 18, 2017
The Witcher 3 was amazing and I can't wait for this game, but in all honesty I think as far as the cyberpunk aesthetic everything looks too bright and clean. It's missing a lot of the dark grit that comes along with that setting. My only complaint so far.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting a proper Cyberpunk game from a Rpg developer, that has a proven record with said genre.

An i loved the source material and love the Cyberpunk genre period.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very hyped, interested to see how CDPR handle more of a player created character and If they can provide the same level of writing that a lot of Witcher had in a new setting. Also anxiously excited to see if the same sex romance options are as in-depth as Triss and Yennifer, and handled well.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The city looks amazing and fun to explore and the GTA-meets-Deus Ex gameplay is very appealing to me. The story from what I've seen seems a bit generic sci-fi, but I rarely ever play games for the stories, so not a dealbreaker.

Last edited:

AdversaryOne

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I'm looking forward to all the "visual downgrade" comments and videos that will be posted everywhere.

I think I'm gonna try to do that VR thing. I forgot what it's called but you can make any game VR pretty much. I don't know...

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Setting looks terrific and I loved TW3. I hope Cyberpunk has similar free DLC support and exceptional expansions.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not THAT hyped but I guess I'm excited for it because of Witcher 3 being one of the best games ever made. I'm not that big on the cyberpunk aesthetic.