• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
"like what is Cyberpunk doing so special aside everyone being on a CDPR high right now?" From a recent comment in a xbox thread.

I would like some feedback, on why you are looking toward cyberpunk. I have my reasons, but lets hear from some other peeps.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bladerunner is cool. Shadowrun is cool. Open worlds can be cool?

I'm cautiously optimistic. I did not like Witcher 2 or 3, so I'm highly doubting I'll like the writing or handling of characters, but it sure looks pretty.

data

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't many Cyberpunk open world RPGs and this is coming from the creators of the Witcher 3.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It looks dope, but what REALLY sold me on it was a fans rendition of the trailer with Ariana Grande song.. was sold ever since.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Futuristic GTA looking game with a top tier developer at the helm.

That's why I'm looking forward to it

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
The designs are really cool and the gameplay looks solid. I have serious reservations about the writing/characters from the demonstration though.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I like first person rpgs, they are my favourite style of single player game and you can count the number of proper AAA fps rpgs released this gen on one hand.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
CD Projekt Red are pro consumer friendly company and I know their game will not be microtransaction ridden exploitative etc and they make their games the best it can be not just trying to aim for just a 'decent enough game that will sell' but aim to be among the best quality games, a studio I have complete faith in when giving my money and would support. Oh also the game looks good and meaty yes expect a lot of game for my money, looks like a lot of fun

Last edited:

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Like the atmosphere personally. Always wanted a good cyberpunk game. Plus Witcher was great, so I believe CDPR can do a good job.

Handa

Nov 14, 2018
To my knowledge there has never been a triple A openworld cyberpunk game, that makes the player feel like they are in Blade Runner or Ghost in The Shell

Making a fully realized world with that aesthetic as a jumping off point is whats really exciting to me

(As someone who did not care for the witcher's setting)

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I just want another Deus Ex, or anything close...

Also I was very impressed with the writing in W3

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Near unprecedented environmental and NPC density, great looking setting, proven studio, intriguing mechanics, first person perspective. I'm all in.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fan of very good games
CDPR is in the business of making very good games
Cyberpunk will probably be a very good game

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Ive been a fan of cdpr since Witcher 2, I was ultra hyped for Witcher 3 and with the dlc it exceeded my expectations so now in a whole different world based off the work of mike pondsmith my hype is unbridaled

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CDPR's take on cyberpunk doesn't really scream the concept's values to me so far. But like others have said CDPR does good work and I loved W3, so I'm excited to play the final game if not necessarily excited to explore the world in the same way I was for W3.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the... When did we EVER have a Cyberpunk game with huge amounts of money pumped into it while keeping the lore and story intact (based on them doing TW3 justice) and amazing 1st person game play? That's what's special about this game. If you don't realize that then you're just playing dumb at this point.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Mike Pondsmith is working on the project. The fact that CP2077 is building off of Pondsmith's board game has me really excited as I'm a big fan.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Witcher 3 mostly. Every trailer nowadays looks amazing, it's the legacy that sets them apart. You could come to two different expectations if you knew (say) Division 2 was made by Techland rather than Massive/Ubisoft, with the same trailer.

Just like I may not love the idea of Quentin Tarantino directing Star Trek...but it's Quentin Tarantino. Anyone who deserves benefit of the doubt, it's these guys.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They care about making a proper RPG experience in a world where Bethesda and Bioware run after GaaS multiplayer money.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I really like Deus Ex Mankind Divided and GTA5, and this seems to blend both games flawlessly with better graphics.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting Cyberpunk GTA, which does sound pretty cool

but they haven't hooked me yet with anything they've shown so far, either

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Good developers in a good atmosphere with a great creative mind leading the vision.

I hated the Witcher 3's combat. I love FPSs. I also love player customization.

The game checks a lot of boxes for me.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a distinct lack of quality first person RPGs in the games industry. Enderal is one one of the only ones of note over the past few years and it's a Skyrim mod.

There's also a general lack of cyberpunk games due to publishers believing the genre is of limited appeal. (EA turned down System Shock 3 partially for this reason.) A new Perfect Dark is reportedly in development, but we missed out on PD: Core which was apparently going to be a PD/Deus Ex hybrid. Le sigh. Also, while Syndicate 2012 was pretty good, it wasn't a game that let you live and breathe a universe.

I remain unconvinced that Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be on the same level as Deus Ex, though. Particularly the original Deus Ex. What I've seen so far is a game world with very little interactivity/reactivity, and mission design that openly violates Deus Ex's core design rule of not telling the player what to do, but rather presenting them with opportunities. People expecting some kind of worthy successor to Deus Ex are going to be disappointed, I think.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Very interested to see what CDPR does with a franchise like Cyberpunk. I want to be a tech dredge

It's going to be very, very VERY tough for CDPR to top the likes of Shadowrun: Dragonfall / Hong Kong though

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Not really looking forward to it, but people are hyping it up, so I guess it's important enough for me to keep an eye on it. I know nothing about the Cyberpunk 2000something story.

I did not like Witcher 3.

The Cyberpunk hype did get me to grab Deus Ex Mankind Divided though, and I really like that game.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Being a large scale fucking cyberpunk open world game. What the fuck. This goddamn industry would rather make these high ass fantasy open worlds ad nauseum for since Jesus was killed on the cross. And someone's gonna sit up here like "wHaT aRe ThEy dOiNg DifFeReNt?" 🆗

(the someone is not referring to op to be clear)

Feb 10, 2018
For me the Npc complexity, high number of them and other dynamic details are most impressive.

However I do worry the actual game may be a more sedated version of what we have seen.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Its an AAA open world Cyberpunk game by a proven developer with a great gameplay demo out already.

May 18, 2018
I've been high on that good CDPR since GOG was good old games. They've been putting out great games so why would I not be excited for Cyberpunk?

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an open world RPG set in a detailed cyberpunk setting (the only one in the genre I can think of on this scale), made by the creators of one of the best games ever made imo.

Pretty simple.

Oct 25, 2017
I know virtually nothing about it. I haven't even watched the trailer. I'm not liking the only first-person camera decision so that dropped my interest a lot for now. That doesn't mean I won't buy it though.