• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SR7212

Avenger
Aug 17, 2018
A summary of rumors dating back to 2019
  • PS5 lacks hardware accelerated ray tracing; Ray casting audio support only
  • PS5 will have virtually no launch games; Series X will have an abundance of AAA games from the get-go
  • PS5's GPU is based on RDNA -1, developed by Roblox user xXAiden-x2005Xx while on work experience at Sony HQ. Bosses ran with the idea because lack of funds
  • Cerny boosted the clocks in a last ditch response to Xbox. PS5 is secretly a 9 TFlop machine.
  • PS5 is having fabrication difficulties; not enough units at launch
  • PS5 BoM is rising beyond control. Might cost upward of $600. Riiidge Racer!
  • PS5 is overheating, continually crashing, and engineers are scrambling to fix the problem
  • PS5 is hard to develop for, almost PS3 levels of incompetence
  • PS5 has trouble reaching native 4K for anything more complicated than Frogger and Pong, developers might settle for 1080p
That's only a fraction of it. So much FUD. What's going on Era. Are launches normally like this? Why is PS5 by far the largest target of nonsense?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
it's the usual topple the king sentiment from frustrated communities + astroturfing in full effect.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
because people like to be chatty patty's about any little rumor droplet since there's nothing else going on even from the vaguest of sources that arent really sources to begin with but just other chatty pattys.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Console Warring
xbox isnt prepared for next gen so ps5 must be bad.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I mean... so far like half of those can't be disproven yet?

Like we don't know the final price for example.

And I hadn't heard/seen most of those, but yeah there's a ton of "Rumors" around the launch of any new device. People wanna try and get their 5 secs

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Didn't we have a group of fanboys on Era organize on discord servers to spread FUD about the PS5 here? I'd say it's probably that.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
War, war never change .

Also there is ton of fud for Xbox and fake concern trolling in general

Jul 20, 2020
Sony is pretty secretive so when you don't address rumors they only snowball into more. Plus they are by far the most popular console out, way more people care about them than Xbox.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Sony is just so great and perfect and amazing and beautiful and sexy and stuff that people with low self esteem feel the need to being it down

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno OP.

All I wanna know is, how is PS5 having these problems and showing games running on the actual console, but we have yet to see 1 game running on actual XSX hardware?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Because fearmongering is

200.gif

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
"insiders" are easy to manipulate with a fud fud here and a fud fud there, here a DM, there a PM, every where a fud fud.

and war. war never changes. fanbois gonna fanboi.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
While I think it's boring due to the repetitiveness of the discussions, I will say that you are overreacting, it's just rumours, if proved wrong, people will forget and laugh about it in the future and that's it.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of information / people are bored and "speculating"

Good thing is that there's really not much time left until next gen comes so the "rumors" will only persist for a short time. The moratorium on a lot of the "rumors" will be up in a few weeks or months.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you missed

"Maybe Sony's scared to reveal the console so that's why they cancelled all the events" during pre-COVID lockdown.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Console warring always peaks at launch. It's frustrating if you let yourself care about the misinformation campaigns people wage. Just sit back and laugh at those who can't just wait for official word and/or to see how things look upon release.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Could be the underlying assumption that the brand which has had a good generation is about to have a really shit one - see PS2 -> PS3, Xbox 360 -> One.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
User Banned (1 week): Console wars, history of similar behavior
I've found it interesting that none of these FUD rumours have really occurred for the Series X.

It's as if a particular base of people have been working overtime to try and tear-down the more popular/successful brand.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_od8ihcwskq1uhh267o3_500.gif

Mostly people are bored/impatient for info during quarantine so stuff spreads/multiplies fast. Plus clickbait.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
New console generation incoming. It's prime time to increase your follower count on social media. What better way to do so than some controversy? Doesn't matter which platform it's for or against. Got to get it all out there before the consoles and games speak for themselves.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
It's because of people jumping on top of every rumour no matter the source. And that's not mentioning the fact that, even if the source is considered legit, 9 out of 10 times the rumour is without any context or details.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Probably because people think everything sounds too good to be true. Maybe they're just skeptical that all the stars are aligning so well, so they keep a healthy does of skepticism and assume something's going to go wrong.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Way to bury your own thread that had little sense to begin with by over exaggerating rumours that were already pretty reachy on their own.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've found it interesting that none of these FUD rumours have really occurred for the Series X.

It's as if a particular base of people have been working overtime to try and tear-down the more popular brand.

i dont remember one negative rumour for xsx. the console without public footage of games running on it and the series s that exists but ms doesn't want to reveal it 2 months before release.

perfect consoles. wont be expensive(xsx) or really underpowered (xs)

Status
Not open for further replies.