• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you also consider them ugly?

• Yes

Votes: 306 56.4%
  • No

Votes: 237 43.6%

• Total voters

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
zh6r45ajnx531.jpg

To be fair even the main villains look good relative to everyone else. It's actually pretty amazing thinking about that this art direction that this is the only universe with ugly fairies.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's a legit question which I have asked myself many times.

Some people will tell you it's a feature or some nonsense like this, but come on.

Lmao, you don't think the artists know how weird they look? It's 100% intentional and better than 99% of NPCs out there

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I voted yes, although it's mostly due to the series in general. Breath of the Wild's npcs are fairly normal looking, so it's something they basically dropped already.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
What you call ugly I call charming.

I'll take Tingle over attractive Link design #423 any day.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
The two common answers are so different. Inbreeding is absolutely not diversity and it's not the relative diversity anyone should want.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword are the 2 with generally ugly NPC's, every other game is fine.

You specifically cherry picked that character from Breath of the Wild as nearly everyone else in that game looks fine.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Yes they're ugly, probably to make the main characters look better. But they're a charming ugly and I wouldn't want Nintendo to stop designing them like that.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I like it to be honest, makes the games more unique. Also there's plenty of good-looking NPCs too.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ugly and I'm proud

Nothing wrong with being ugly

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
I think Zelda npcs are really memorable due to their unique characteristics in a good way.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Zelda NPCs are a breath of fresh air when compared to 95% of JRPGs/Adventure where everyone qualifies as "cute", "beautiful" or "hot".

Fire Emblem is one of the worst offenders. That series is in serious need of ugly people that aren't generic bandits.

Ckoerner

Aug 7, 2019
the enhanced Mii system is fucking perfect

breath_of_the_wild_iwata_possible.jpg

ESOlJw1WkAE5kPB.jpg

zelda_wii_u-5336661.jpg

That last one makes me sad every time I see it.

This is cursed. Please delete it from the internet.

I like that the NPCs are unique and full of character. They look more like your average person that any of the primary characters.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
You have your share of generic anime looking characters in BOTW mixed with the traditional Zelda NPCs who don't conform to the generic "pretty anime" look.

One of the few things I liked about BOTW is actual NPC diversity lol.

R2RD

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 6, 2018
this thread made me discover that the Scientist in Lake hylia is a dude!!!!????????? We always called him " La vieja" in my house.(Vieja means old lady).
Still ugly as hell tho.
48-482903_professor-lake-scientist-majoras-mask-scientist.png

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
You can like the designs and how "distinct" and "unique" it is, fine no problem.
But equating them to the real world is REALLY dumb argument, people on average looks just ...average, don't pretend that you see Zelda NPCs in real life everywhere, i see no Tingle in the streets

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I honestly turned Skyward Sword off forever a few minutes after Zelda popped up on screen. Just when I thought the characters couldn't possibly get uglier, there she was.