• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
I've just ordered a polestar because fuck musk. There's a small difference in range, but in Europe there are chargingstations everywhere, and very little Tesla superchargers. In terms of build quality the polestar is ahead, and that's what actually matters to me. Tbh I would've bought a lesser car if I had too to avoid Tesla, but you really don't have to nowadays.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
IMO, Best engineered, most efficient, charging network, all the components are tastefully designed

They don't have the best value though. I'm in the market for an EV, and I'm not considering one.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, everything you highlighted and more… the direct sales model is going to grow in prevalence. The experience is better and make the manufacturer much more profit. Tesla has a 30% margin on their cars, most OEMs are lucky to have 10-15% margins. It gives Tesla and other new EV manufacturers a great advantage in pricing.

The remote service is so new and developing, but having someone come to you to make minor repairs is pretty nice compared to dropping your car off.
Yet their cars remain overpriced.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
IMO, Best engineered, most efficient, charging network, all the components are tastefully designed

They don't have the best value though. I'm in the market for an EV, and I'm not considering one.
Yup, and Tesla single-handedly forced all other car manufacturers to electrify and vastly accelerate plans for leaving gas cars behind.

The entire field is in highly accelerated stage of innovation, there will be many more advances in the following years. There are enough customers in every price range, so pricey Teslas will remain in high demand.

MaritalWheat

Oct 28, 2017
We're a single car household that bought a Model 3 a few years back - did a lot of research to find something that would meet all our needs, from daily driving to camping trips. Worth noting that there was still a tax credit when purchased and the price of a LR was significantly cheaper - I actually think I could resell used now for higher than I purchased (which is crazy, at 30K+ miles).

At the time, Tesla was the only viable option (and I don't think this has changed really) for us because of:
  • AWD 300 mile+ range around or under $50K
  • Reliable, widely available charging network
Bonus things I've come to find hard to live without when driving other cars:
  • Autopilot (any other lane control software I've tried feels way worse, and this is surprisingly nice for long highway stretches, stop and go traffic, etc.)
  • General software quality (responsiveness and features)
  • The instant acceleration actually is not just fun but useful - able to hit some lane changes or enter highways much more cleanly / less dangerously
Things that I wish would change by the time I need to buy another car:
  • Add a fucking blind spot sensor on my side mirrors
  • Soundproofing (it seriously sucks, for the price)
  • More ground clearance (wouldn't expect this on the 3, but the Y is sub par here for a CUV)
  • Stop actively removing buttons and making the touch screen UX worse / more dangerous for driving controls in newer models / software updates
  • Musk saying dumb shit on Twitter
It's honestly quite hard imagining going back from a Tesla with what's out in the market today, but I hope by the time we need a new car there are significantly more options that feel viable.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, Mach E seems very half baked even from the owners I know they are not crazy on it. One switched from his Tesla and is looking to switch back ASAP.
I really like the Mach-e for driving which it does very well, the tech doesn't compliment the driving experience though just yet. Driving experience, technology, charging technology and environmental charging experience all needs to be on the same page for some big home runs in the EV game down the line.

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
I really like the Mach-e for driving which it does very well, the tech doesn't compliment the driving experience though just yet. Driving experience, technology, charging technology and environmental charging experience all needs to be on the same page for some big home runs in the EV game down the line.
Yep, they have the roadwork laid down but need to finish the trip. I look forward to the EV market in 5-10 years when Tesla finally has actual competition.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
If you don't mind could you share the metro this is in? I'm not doubting you just surprised, as even here in Michigan our most rural areas even have supercharger access.
We've done this dance on Resetera before where I'm at. South of Pittsburgh. More specifically South Fayette/Bridgeville. Not a single Super charger in sight and the couple of places on chargehub and those other EV sites aren't long term solutions.

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
It'll be interesting to see where the market is a decade from now. Tesla is the innovator, Apple/Sony will be the disrupters and you have the old guard who have been doing this car thing for a very long time and are starting to finally commit to going toe to toe with Tesla.

thaivo

Nov 2, 2017
They're expensive for sure. Yet there are months long waiting lists, so the cars literally aren't overpriced to the buyers purchasing the cars.

Why discount something that is out of stock and has people paying more for years old versions?

I purchased our Model 3 about two and a half years ago for 41k. Best purchase I ever made as shortly after I purchased as much Tesla stock as I could afford. So not only have we enjoyed the ride in the car, I've definitely enjoyed the crazy developments and future outlook for the company, and EVs in general.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
A lot of the time it's due to inconsistent usage of features between Car Play and other parts of the car beyond the screen. Navigation into the HUD, for example. It's down to whether the OEM properly integrates it (often they don't).
I noticed this issue with the Mach E and non-standard apps in Carplay. The built-in MachE UI covers 1/4 of the screen for non-standard apps. Very annoying.

Nov 7, 2017
Apple should just stop fucking around and release their iCar. Imagine Carplay without the stupid connection to your phone

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I generally disagree that they're "overpriced". They're expensive but you can't spec an alternative with the same range, performance, practicality and equipment for less. It's just that you have no options to cut anything out to make it cheaper.

That said, I would definitely agree that the standard range RWD M3 is overpriced. Particularly their finance options make it very unattractive compared to competitors. We ordered an Enyaq Coupe VRS for my wife for the same deposit and monthly cost ffs.

Last edited:

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's mentioned pretty much all the major reasons that Tesla is still generally considered as leading the pack when it comes to EV's. This may be more of a case for the U.S where there's a massive discrepancy between the Tesla Supercharger Network and third party public chargers, but when it comes to someone who's generally uninformed about EV's and having them drive from part of the country to another, Tesla's whole approach will take care of them.

From GPS route planning that'll automatically incorporate Supercharging stops, tell you how long to stay/when to leave, pre-condition your battery for optimal charging temps, and can show you live status of charging locations with how many stalls are in use, out of service, and available, Tesla's the easiest to recommend from that perspective.

From just a car perspective there are a whole host of great EV's out there, most of which people have already mentioned (Ioniq 5, EV6, Mach E, Taycann, Polestar 2, Rivian, HummerEV, VW ID.4, etc etc). And a lot of them will do one or two things as well or better than Tesla. Like the Taycann technically charges faster at a peak of 270kW, the Ioniq 5/EV6 have way more impressive charging curves, sustaining 230kW from 0-70% or so. The Rivian offering you the pickup truck experience before Tesla even could. However, none of them have the whole, well-rounded package. Ioniq 5 and Rivian R1T can't precondition their battery so you're not guaranteed that insanely fast charging curve. Taycann has a much worse range than the comparable Tesla in its class. Most are terrible at route planning while incorporating charging stations and none are as comprehensive as Tesla, meaning a lot of the time they will throw in slow L2 chargers and fail to notify you of out of service or busy chargers. And speaking of chargers, in the U.S, that's the biggest weakness of non-Tesla's. The unreliability of Electrify America, EVGo, Chargepoint, and other third party charging installations is laughable compared to the Tesla supercharger network.

The way I look at it, as of now, if you have home charging and will rarely, if ever, go on road trips then there's a massive selection of EV's out there, many of which will probably suit your needs better than a Tesla. But if you're looking to get an EV that's the most comparable to an ICE car, then Tesla still holds that crown.

Last edited:

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Everyone's mentioned pretty much all the major reasons that Tesla is still generally considered as leading the pack when it comes to EV's. This may be more of a case for the U.S where there's a massive discrepancy between the Tesla Supercharger Network and third party public chargers, but when it comes to someone who's generally uninformed about EV's and having them drive from part of the country to another, Tesla's whole approach will take care of them.

Oh it's definitely not just a US thing, the UK public charging network is a complete mess, especially at motorway services. Pulling up to a major motorway services, to find, 2 charging points, one of which is broken, and the other has a queue, when you can see an row of 16 Tesla chargers, really drills that home.

After 2 years of none Tesla EV ownership, you have to learn which networks to avoid, and get used to using off motorway stops, to avoid the queues.

It's not a deal-breaker for me, as 100+ mile journeys are a rarity but it's a sharp shock for a lot of UK EV drivers that Teslas completely avoid.

We'll be ordering our 2nd EV shortly and want a real world range of around 250 mile compared to the ~130 mile we get with our ZS EV. At that point the amount of journeys where we'd need to rely on a rapid charger are so few that it's not a major factor in our decision but I completely understand those where it is.

We're probably going to be going with the BMW iX3. I'd love the Model Y but despite the similar sticker price, via a salary sacrifice lease scheme which we'll be using to get the car, the model Y is around 25% more expensive per month than the iX3. The iX3 is an ICE conversion but is only real second to the model Y for efficiency in its class despite that. The super charger network isn't worth that price premium to me.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're probably going to be going with the BMW iX3. I'd love the Model Y but despite the similar sticker price, via a salary sacrifice lease scheme which we'll be using to get the car, the model Y is around 25% more expensive per month than the iX3. The iX3 is an ICE conversion but is only real second to the model Y for efficiency in its class despite that. The super charger network isn't worth that price premium to me.
Are you sure that's right? When I last looked the starting price for an iX3 was more than £5K more than the MY, and that was before, in typical BMW fashion, you added anything you might want in the way of packs. I also looked at the iX3 to upgrade from a 5 series and I couldn't justify it by comparison on our car scheme.

The other thing was that I test drove it and it was as boring as sin to drive!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
In Japan, am looking at Lexus or Subaru instead of Tesla. Fuck Musk.

Also Tesla cars here looks so mundane.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
My wife picked one up about 2 and a half months ago, and I decided to order one before the price bump in early March. The drive is fun. We have the performance and the acceleration can leave passengers sick.

One thing that sucks is their delivery system. People ordered 9-10 months ago and waiting for their car while people ordering the same car or one with more expensive features gets theirs first.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Are you sure that's right? When I last looked the starting price for an iX3 was more than £5K more than the MY, and that was before, in typical BMW fashion, you added anything you might want in the way of packs. I also looked at the iX3 to upgrade from a 5 series and I couldn't justify it by comparison on our car scheme.

The other thing was that I test drove it and it was as boring as sin to drive!

Yep, I've got quotes on both and the iX3 is much cheaper on our lease scheme. There's only 2 current models now and the base M Sport is pretty well specced, so no need for any additional packs.

If price was the same I'd definitely choose the Model Y but can't justify an extra £100 per month for the super charger network.

I was originally considering the Ioniq 5 but real world range tests are really disappointing and there's only a ~£20 premium for the iX3 on our lease scheme which seems to fare much better in real world range tests. That and my partner much prefers the BMW.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Yep, I've got quotes on both and the iX3 is much cheaper on our lease scheme. There's only 2 current models now and the base M Sport is pretty well specced, so no need for any additional packs.

If price was the same I'd definitely choose the Model Y but can't justify an extra £100 per month for the super charger network.

I was originally considering the Ioniq 5 but real world range tests are really disappointing and there's only a ~£20 premium for the iX3 on our lease scheme which seems to fare much better in real world range tests. That and my partner much prefers the BMW.

What about the Musting Mach-E extended range?

That one is 330 miles if I remember.

Don't know the current price or if this is beyond your budget.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
They're not in Europe at least. The range is nothing special in cold conditions and the super charger network is weak compared to other available chargers in my country.

They have two (2) service points in the whole of Finland and that leads to months of queues for service. Their build quality is still subpar compared to any other manufacturer but not quite so horrible anymore.

If you want a fast car with cool gimmicks I guess Tesla is for you, otherwise go elsewhere.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That seems odd to me because the M-Sport iX3 was slightly more expensive per month than the MY I ordered on our lease scheme. Part of the reason I went with that instead.

I test drove the i4 M50 and while it was nice it wasn't as practical.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I've just ordered a polestar because fuck musk. There's a small difference in range, but in Europe there are chargingstations everywhere, and very little Tesla superchargers. In terms of build quality the polestar is ahead, and that's what actually matters to me. Tbh I would've bought a lesser car if I had too to avoid Tesla, but you really don't have to nowadays.
I would love to order a Polestar, being a Volvo driver who values their combination of safety, reliability, performance, and aesthetics. But I'm also an Apple Maps / Apple Music user, so their decision to partner with Google for the infotainment and exclude CarPlay makes it (and all the post-2020 Volvo range as well) a no-go.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
The range and ease of charging with the supercharger network is great. The infotainment is also pretty neat.

But my biggest con after driving my friends Teslas is the actual driving experience , its just so bad. Feels like you are driving a giant boat with that body roll. And the weird car sickness you get when you aren't driving ( although it could just be an electric car thing ). Feel like they have a lot to catch up on compared to other luxury brands outside of tech and performance.

Prolly gonna wait a little and see how the market evolves with more EV players stepping in.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
I would love to order a Polestar, being a Volvo driver who values their combination of safety, reliability, performance, and aesthetics. But I'm also an Apple Maps / Apple Music user, so their decision to partner with Google for the infotainment and exclude CarPlay makes it (and all the post-2020 Volvo range as well) a no-go.

It has carplay now.

https://www.polestar.com/nl/manual/polestar-1/2020/article/Apple®CarPlay®-gebruiken/ (in dutch)

damn, you're right. Thats too bad.

Edit: I understand the dislike for Android automotive btw. Unfortunately Apple hasn't seen fit to release something that car manufacturers can integrate like that.

Last edited:

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
It has carplay now.

https://www.polestar.com/nl/manual/polestar-1/2020/article/Apple®CarPlay®-gebruiken/ (in dutch)

damn, you're right. Thats too bad.

Edit: I understand the dislike for Android automotive btw. Unfortunately Apple hasn't seen fit to release something that car manufacturers can integrate like that.
I don't dislike the idea of Android Automotive at all, to be clear. Signing directly into your car's infotainment using the credentials you use on all your other devices, rather than tethering your phone, is where the merger of cars with other consumer tech should be headed. I just dislike the fact that, as you pointed out, it's only being done for one of the two major consumer tech ecosystems, and in a way that locks out the other. Which is as much Apple's fault as the car makers'.

I do, though, find it hard to believe that Volvo knowingly signed off on a plan that's now left basically their entire range without CarPlay. It's a baffling regression. I can only assume they thought it'd be addressed quicker than it has been.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I don't dislike the idea of Android Automotive at all, to be clear. Signing directly into your car's infotainment using the credentials you use on all your other devices, rather than tethering your phone, is where the merger of cars with other consumer tech should be headed. I just dislike the fact that, as you pointed out, it's only being done for one of the two major consumer tech ecosystems, and in a way that locks out the other. Which is as much Apple's fault as the car makers'.

I do, though, find it hard to believe that Volvo knowingly signed off on a plan that's now left basically their entire range without CarPlay. It's a baffling regression. I can only assume they thought it'd be addressed quicker than it has been.

Polestar had been consistently claiming that the Polestar 2 will be getting wired CarPlay support in the "Spring" of this year. Nothing's changed about that timeline, as far as I can find.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
What about the Musting Mach-E extended range?

That one is 330 miles if I remember.

Don't know the current price or if this is beyond your budget.

You're not getting 330 miles of range out of any Mach-E in the real world. It's more expensive than a Model Y for me, even the RWD version. :-/ If I'm spending model Y money, I'd just go with the Model Y.

The iX3 is more efficient than the Mach-E as well despite the Mach-E being a ground up EV. So far I've considered:

Kia EV6 (A contender but similar price to iX3 on lease)
Ioniq 5 (12 months+ wait and disappointing efficiency)
Model Y (Too expensive on lease)
Mustang Mach E (Too expensive on lease)
E-Tron 55 (Crap efficiency)
iX3 (Cheap on lease and decent efficiency)
XC40 (Not enough real world range)

That seems odd to me because the M-Sport iX3 was slightly more expensive per month than the MY I ordered on our lease scheme. Part of the reason I went with that instead.

I test drove the i4 M50 and while it was nice it wasn't as practical.

Pricing is all over the place for me, even a 55 E-Tron is cheaper than all of them when it should be the most expensive. Wouldn't touch the E-Tron though, efficiency is shockingly bad and that translates into too little real world range for me.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Fun video and looks like they are having a blast. It'll come down to whether the guy (kenny?) who is the expert at ev charging in the taycan can maximize his 4-5 different apps, manually adjusted battery temps and efficiency modes and gets lucky with availability of charging stations. Or the much longer range Model X with the guy who isn't using any apps or manual adjustments (tesla default calculations are very efficient but you can min/max with abetterrouteplanner as a supplement).

which would be interesting from a technical standpoint but for people living with these things day to day? Even if the Taycan 'won', I'd need it to win by a significant margin to overcome the PITA factor of needing that much planning vs just jumping in the tesla and winging it with confidence.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pricing is all over the place for me, even a 55 E-Tron is cheaper than all of them when it should be the most expensive. Wouldn't touch the E-Tron though, efficiency is shockingly bad and that translates into too little real world range for me.
We went with the Enyaq Coupe VRS for my wife, which is basically the same car except cheaper, more efficient and better looking. The Skoda's EV interiors are widely regarded as the best of the VAG group, too. Still got a year to wait, although I'm hopeful they'll want more of these on the road and push them up the queue.
001-UK-Skoda-Enyaq-Coupe-iV-vRS-Prices-1920x1080.jpg

I think had this been available when I ordered the MY I would seriously have considered getting one myself.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

for UK travel the country is so small our 'road trips' are usually very managable with almost any decent range car. MSAs are updated with chargers so you can usually stop when you'd normally want a break and top up while you're there, limiting the situations where you need to do any significant planning to the once/twice a year holiday perhaps. Moto will get 6 chargers at all its locations hopefully this year and we'll then start seeing power upgrades go in and more 'hubs' hopefully quite rapidly.

Salary sacrifice is sweet and I wish our place did it. But a lot of lease companies are clearly creaming off the top and inflating the 'before discount' pricing so you aren't saving as much as you should. Still absolutely worth doing though.

iX3 is supposed to be a pretty great EV even without being 'ground up EV' - the reviewers often forget the previous kings of efficiency e-niro and ioniq are both converted ICE cars. I don't care what its underpinnings are if it works in EV guise thats all that matters.

I'd have been sorely tempted to go i4 40 if the spec in base trim was decent. But they optioned too much stuff so it went from M3LR price to M3P price which put it out of reach. So I'm in a M3LR for now. Next step the wife - she loves her polo but the ID3 is both not available and too expensive so looking at maybe a used e-golf?

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
for UK travel the country is so small our 'road trips' are usually very managable with almost any decent range car. MSAs are updated with chargers so you can usually stop when you'd normally want a break and top up while you're there, limiting the situations where you need to do any significant planning to the once/twice a year holiday perhaps.

While that's how the theory goes, after a decade of neglect from Ecotricity and an explosion in EV demand, after 2 years of low range (110-160 mile) EV ownership, that's not really how it works in practice currently. Grid Serve have improved things somewhat but their new chargers have their own reliability issues and they're limited by the short sighted infrastructure decisions made a decade ago. We've drove from Durham to Southampton and back in a weekend in a low range EV so know it can be done, but "off motorway" services with Instavolt chargers are essential currently. We'd have added hours to our trip if we'd have stuck to motorway services. For your average consumer buying their first EV, the idea of having to change your route to accommodate specific charging networks is going to be pretty jarring, so I fully appreciate the appeal of the ease and peace of mind that comes with a Tesla.

Like you say though, once you're upto 200+ miles real world range, the amount of scenarios where you need to rely on rapid chargers is very few for most of us in the UK.

iX3 is supposed to be a pretty great EV even without being 'ground up EV' - the reviewers often forget the previous kings of efficiency e-niro and ioniq are both converted ICE cars. I don't care what its underpinnings are if it works in EV guise thats all that matters.

That's ultimately where I think I've ended up. The idea of a ground up EV is appealing on the surface but it clearly doesn't always translate into any efficiency improvements when coverted ICE cars are often coming out more efficient. It won't stop me getting the iX3 at the low lease costs it's available for.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
It's gotta be the charging network.

I live in the middle of the sticks. My exit off the highway has a grocery store, 2 liquor stores, a small hardware store, a Dollar General and 2 gas stations. That's it for "main street" where I live.

One of those gas stations was doing some renovation work recently in the parking lot, and I thought, "oh, that's nice, we'll get some more space for parking."

1 month later you've got a fresh row of Tesla chargers. What? I live in an area where people mainly drive big trucks with exhaust stacks. I would not have thought my town was the target market for a charger of any kind. But even though I really dislike the man-child running Tesla, it immediately made my brain start thinking "Hey, if they put chargers in the middle of nowhere, I think I could be confident driving a Tesla pretty much anywhere."

Meanwhile, other major auto makers are standing around with their dicks in their hands pretending that they're not about to get their asses handed to them 10 years from now. Like, where are the Toyota chargers?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
They are kinda the flagship EV. Also, charging network and cult of Elon.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta be the charging network.

I live in the middle of the sticks. My exit off the highway has a grocery store, 2 liquor stores, a small hardware store, a Dollar General and 2 gas stations. That's it for "main street" where I live.

One of those gas stations was doing some renovation work recently in the parking lot, and I thought, "oh, that's nice, we'll get some more space for parking."

1 month later you've got a fresh row of Tesla chargers. What? I live in an area where people mainly drive big trucks with exhaust stacks. I would not have thought my town was the target market for a charger of any kind. But even though I really dislike the man-child running Tesla, it immediately made my brain start thinking "Hey, if they put chargers in the middle of nowhere, I think I could be confident driving a Tesla pretty much anywhere."

Meanwhile, other major auto makers are standing around with their dicks in their hands pretending that they're not about to get their asses handed to them 10 years from now. Like, where are the Toyota chargers?

Electrify America is significantly funded by VW and others are involved too I think which is why some makes give you free/discounted charging.

Does'nt make sense to have proprietary CCS chargers. Maybe Tesla would have gone CCS if that standard was more…standard when their cars came out. Actdually I'm suprrised they didn't put CCS in the model 3 like they did in the rest of the world. Arguably Tesla gets a pass for proprietary chargers initially as the infra wasn't there and there weren't many other makes out there. The other biggest - Nissan's Leaf - is Chademo which is close to proprietary in at least the fact that hardly anyone else uses it.

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
Electrify America was one of VWs punishments for the emissions cheating scandal. They had to severely invest in covering the US corridors with chargers, think they are working on the midwest this summer.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Android auto or Apple carplay is a cheat code other car makers have now that negates Tesla. And typically is wireless with new models.
A Lexus from a few years ago did feel like 2 generation behind. Today you get a 14" touch screen with split screen functions.
Tesla set the standard but phone connection to access your music and podcast apps plus live traffic is all most people want.
Those systems are basically a patch up job for the awful infotainment systems that most cars have. Also you are overestimating their capabilities. Yeah you can get nav and control your music, but it doesn't really do anything for car functions.

Aleman

Dec 20, 2018
Those systems are basically a patch up job for the awful infotainment systems that most cars have. Also you are overestimating their capabilities. Yeah you can get nav and control your music, but it doesn't really do anything for car functions.

The new Android Automotive (independent of your phone) that Volvo and Polestar are using lets you use Google Assistant to control lots of car functions.

Jul 1, 2020
I'm glad that the traditional automakers are making their EVs better to be competitive with/exceed Tesla. The supercharger network is still a huge asset though.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
which would be interesting from a technical standpoint but for people living with these things day to day? Even if the Taycan 'won', I'd need it to win by a significant margin to overcome the PITA factor of needing that much planning vs just jumping in the tesla and winging it with confidence.
Oh for sure...the amount of stress and complications for those using the electrify america network is comic gold. Hell no would I buy into that at this point.