• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I actually put the patty in my grill and the bun too for about a minute. Takes a little bit more effort, but it's way better tasting imo.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I used to eat microwave burgers from vending machines for lunch in high school. So bad and so good

Like these:
The Kickin Jalapeno is great.

Sorry I only eat burgers from a can

7-hCVaLIcpTPz5pH5ek1C0SgNW5xE7VjrdEiacAtOFI.jpg

I'll go back to MREs before this.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
As a kid, there was a year or so when we ate microwaved burgers semi regularly. They weren't god awful, but they weren't exactly good, either. And I'd only eat them after exhausting other options. And the only reason we ate them was because our mom would buy them, see that they were getting consumed, and buy more.

Not sure if one of us finally asked her to stop buying them or what.

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
There's a small campus conveinence store near my office that has some modest lunch options avaiable in their cooler and on the shelf: pre-packaged sandwich triangles, instant ramen, and the like. When my lunch schedule has gone out the window and I'm reduced to scrounging there I'll occasionally pick up a microwave burger - and they're totally fine. Not great, but between melted American cheese and a bunch of condiments it's pretty tasty. Not optimal but it does the trick, is an incredibly fast option, and is pretty cheap. Grab a fountain drink and a bag of chips and, boom, lunch is done and I can run back to the office to nuke the burger and work at my desk. And, given the joys of isolation, I'd be happy if a few of those burgers were sitting in my fridge right now if it saved me from a trip to the grocery store.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Always hated microwave burgers until 7-Eleven in Thailand came out with one. Not sure if they still have it but it was the beef one. It seriously wasn't bad for being a microwave burgers. It helps that it wasn't frozen. I would put extra ketchup on it and it was a great snack for like a dollar.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Why not just pan fry some ground beef and slap it on a bun?

Because that takes longer and hence is no longer convenience food. As in, the thing would probably be ready before you would have even heated up your pan.

I mean you can use that argument about literally anything that isn't made from base ingredients. Literally anything.

Oct 28, 2017
Because that takes longer and hence is no longer convenience food. As in, the thing would probably be ready before you would have even heated up your pan.

I mean you can use that argument about literally anything that isn't made from base ingredients. Literally anything.

Burgers are specifically simple to make at home though. I dont eat a lot of frozen or fast food, always cook, so I guess I can't relate.

Corey31

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Ashens has created a successful YouTube channel eating this disgusting shit

www.youtube.com

Various Quicksters Microwave Burgers | Ashens

They're quick! They're easy! They're relatively cheap! They're not totally dreadful!It's Quicksters microwave burger food things, fresh from the mighty Aldi....

And here he is trying the burger, egg sandwich, pork sandwich "McRib" and chicken sandwich varieties.

I used to eat these some when I was a teen but now I think I just prefer to go to a fast food place and get a burger there.

Zaphod

Aug 21, 2019
The gas station microwave burgers in the US are awful. First they give you depression then some heavy indigestion.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
It's been, shit, 25 years since I've had one of those microwavable burgers.

So I don't know what's changed but I remember they tried to cover up a lot of the blandness with a heavy smoke/grill flavor.

Honestly the trick is to just fire up the grill and cook a shit ton of burgers at home using whatever 80/20 or 73/27 blend. Then they'll keep for a few days to a week or you can freeze them. They taste better and you can use a fresh bun or some bread every time.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason if I eat meat that has been flash frozen, or frozen and refrozen (from thaw or partial thaw) I am absolutely guaranteed to get nasty indigestion. Only thing that ever causes it. Microwave burgers are the number one culprit.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are pretty good depending on the brand you get. They taste so much better than most cheap ground beef and overcooked meat my family has ever made.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'd love for McDonald's (or any of the big fast food chains) to use this downtime to develop a frozen range.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
A rustlers is fine if you've been drinking and just want anything you can make quickly but there's nothing quality about them

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
If you toast the buns they are somewhat acceptable. If you microwave the whole thing though they're pretty disgusting.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
There's one I sometimes buy from like Dollar General for $1.50 or whatever and its better than you would think. Really bad for you of course, but worth it for the cost and ease.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
I remember seeing these at Lidl. I assumed they were awful. I confess I am intrigued to try one. And probably regret it

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll stick with my Costco business center frozen 1/3 pound burgers. They're like $1.50 per pound at times on sale. $15 for 10lbs.

They take like 5 minutes on the grill instead of a minute and a half but it's worth it. Delicious.

Microwaving any kind of bread is a no from me.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
The Pierre Signature Angus cheeseburgers from Costco are pretty damn good. They're about $1.50 each when on sale, which is frequently.

Edit:
imageService

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I really doubt how good those burgers are. We don't have an Aldi here so I can't comment on that. We have Lidl (pretty similar yeah?) and those burgers definitely aren't good. They're convenient though and the more pricey burgers (3€) aren't awful atleast, but I'd still much rather spend that 3€ on a burger chain.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Condiments are applied after so you don't heat those.

Bread though, you absolutely do want heated. If I was having a regular burger I'd like my bun to be heated.

I agree in the sense that toasting the bread will warm it up somewhat. However, it is not done to warm it up but to keep it from soaking up the juices and also adds a bit if flavor.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps the most surprising thing about the U.S. is microwave burgers are a very rare sight and the ones that exist suck. Coming from France, that has lots of decent microwave burgers, I just expected the U.S. to have even more, but I guess there are so many fast-food places that the expectation is you're just gonna spend like $3 at McDonald's if you want some cheap burgers.

Still, though. This country puts ice cream in soda and calls it a desert but microwave burgers are a no-no.

The Pierre Signature Angus cheeseburgers from Costco are pretty damn good. They're about $1.50 each when on sale, which is frequently.

Edit:
imageService

Yep, that's the ones I meant when I said the ones that exist suck.

OP
OP
Pankratous

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Bad news all.

It turns out the 'double cheeseburger' microwave burger is not as good.

It takes extra time to microwave to heat the additional patty, and that extra time ruins the bun. This bun ruining doesn't occur in the single cheeseburgers, so it looks like I'm sticking with single.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I prefer toasting the buns and giving the meat a minute or so in the microwave.
The Aldi breakfast muffins were good when they had egg instead of hashbrown.
Now I just microwave my own egg and put it in.