• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The way you can tell that it's mainly the other way around is that when people suggest that Into the Spiderverse is the best Spider-Man movie of all time, you get way less defensive MCU fans defending how Homecoming is the best of all time than you get Raimi fans getting offended that anyone would dare suggest anything could top Spider-Man 2.

Good point actually.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The way you can tell that it's mainly the other way around is that when people suggest that Into the Spiderverse is the best Spider-Man movie of all time, you get way less defensive MCU fans defending how Homecoming is the best of all time than you get Raimi fans getting offended that anyone would dare suggest anything could top Spider-Man 2.
Yup, this is a good post

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
IMO, I believe the issue is that MCU fans believe their franchise is untouchable and infallible while under Marvel/Disney. So people praising a previous series with no ties to the MCU makes the other non-franchise unthinkable, and against everything in their being.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
IMO, I believe the issue is that MCU fans believe their franchise is untouchable and infallible while under Marvel/Disney. So people praising a previous series with no ties to the MCU makes the other non-franchise unthinkable, and against everything in their being.
You must be feeling it a bit to phrase it like this.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Eh I love them both, at least we can all hate on the Garfield flicks. Fuck I've never hated a pair of movies more

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never forget when a poster here once said that anyone that preferred Homecoming to Spider-Man 2 is a fanboy that may need therapy. Like holy shit, its not that deep, let people enjoy their damn movies.
You are absolutely right & I can't say it any more deeply than this fam. Its like watching Persona fans put down the other games because either one of the 3-5 is their favourite, or SMT fans always turning up to shit on Persona.

People need to just like what they like and let other peeps like what they like. No need to be going to lengths inventing ways to justify why your one is somehow better than another one of the same damn thing. Just let people enjoy the different ones -- its not that deep.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Tobey was awkward as fuck in the Spider-Man movies and not in the good, charming way. If it counts I liked Spider-Man PS4's Peter the best out of all of the movies.
I feel like I might one of the few people that rates Tobey's Peter significantly lower and his Spiderman significantly higher. Raimi's Peter was just miserable and bordering on embarassing (which they rightfully took advantage of in Spiderman 2). His Spiderman is on that Superman level of wholesomeness and is dorkily smug instead of in your face quipping.

Joliet Jake

Oct 27, 2017
Every new spiderman movie that comes out people say "finally, a spiderman movie better than spiderman 2." This is because spiderman 2 is the best and everybody deep down knows this universal truth. Whatever spiderman movie they are releasing 40 years from now, nobody is going to say "finally, a spiderman movie better than far from home."

Spiderverse came close.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Insomiac's version is THE best Peter Parker and Spider-Man, followed by Into the Spider-Verse. I enjoy all incarnations to a degree but each have their flaws. The only issue is people saying MCU is the most comic book accurate Spider-Man when that isn't even remotely true. But the said can be said about Raimi's but he does come a bit closer regarding some aspects. Andrew's was good as Spider-Man but a very bad Peter Parker. All in all though, I just don't see the point in making comparisons. In the multiverse, there's several incarnations of Peter that change up certain aspects, traits, motivations, etc.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
There's even META-MCU trashing going on within the Deep MCU State.

Me: I liked Thor 2. Thought it was no better or worse than the other Thor movies.

Them: No you didn't. You only think you liked it. It's not Thor: Dark World. It's Thor 66%

5362209-rottentomatoesthor2.jpg

Me: So, I'm not allowed to like Thor 2?

Them: You're already dead to us. We'll mock you in memoriam.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
You must be feeling it a bit to phrase it like this.

Haha. Nope. I enjoy all the spider-man films, even the hated Amazing Series. My wording is harsh, but I've watched the shift from Fox/Sony to Marvel, and the MCU. Some of the MCU fans at the beginning and even now, are intoleratable because of their smugness especially with the belief that everything will be eventually bought and theirs. If you didn't submit you were against them.

I love the series but some fans on MCU are questionable.

Just so you know; Into the Spider-verse is my top with Far From Home then Spider-man 2.

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
I think this was the first Spider-Man thread that I read a geniuine positive write up/ post for the two Webb movies.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
There's even META-MCU trashing going on within the Deep MCU State.

Me: I liked Thor 2. Thought it was no better or worse than the other Thor movies.

Them: No you didn't. You only think you liked it. It's not Thor: Dark World. It's Thor 66%

5362209-rottentomatoesthor2.jpg

Me: So, I'm not allowed to like Thor 2?

Them: You're already dead to us. We'll mock you in memoriam.
Too many MCU threads and too much MCU praise makes people cranky.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
why are raimi fans so insecure about the Greatest version of spider man ever conceived on film
See, this is exactly the thing I'm talking about. MCU stans always go like "did you know that the MCU is objectively the best thing to happen to humanity in the past decade? We should replace the Mona Lisa with a portrait of Feige", while Raimi fans, despite sometimes having the same issues, are usually much more humble and accepting of other opinions.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
With rabid Star Wars fans even if I don't respect it I can at least understand their devotion to the original trilogy. Derivative or not George Lucas made something new so when you make changes its like disrespecting a sacred text.

However, with Spider-man I'm always baffled by the Raimi acolytes treating his trilogy as the definite adaptation that everyone must bow to. I like bits of the movies a lot but the characters been around for nearly 60 years and there's been a ton of interpretations. Spider-Verse went out of its way to say there is no "right" Spider-man.

These type of threads always scream "Remember me!". A different takes doesn't mean Raimi's Spider-Man will be forgotten. Raimi's version is already Iconic( Train fight, upside down kiss, street dancing) so we can do different things with the character now.
GI-Ta6.gif

tumblr_p3n6b460U41rmalxko2_540.gif

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
See, this is exactly the thing I'm talking about. MCU stans always go like "did you know that the MCU is objectively the best thing to happen to humanity in the past decade? We should replace the Mona Lisa with a portrait of Feige", while Raimi fans, despite sometimes having the same issues, are usually much more humble and accepting of other opinions.

You are jumping through lots of hopes to get this bothered by a joke post. He meant what he said but it wasn't meant for you to take it this seriously.

There are extremes on both sides. Some people here literally see Spider-Man 2 as untouchable and will go into full film snob mode to diminish outside opinions.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spiderman 2 actually drops the ball. Doc Ock is another villian which a jekyl and hyde scenario going on, which ruinsthe message of power and responabilty mirroring in green goblin and doc ock to peter. They could of used Ocks loss to make him go fuck it instead of being mind played. Doc ocks plan also makes no sense with his motives and character. Tobey sucks at Peter, and MJ just sucks sucks sucks even though she has a great sctress playing her.

Its an enjoyable ride but not flawless y'all

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Threads based on generalizations like this usually don't go well, so we're locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.