• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I've been regularly ordering from Amazon since... 2006? I've had Prime since 2008ish.

I've lived in my current neighborhood for a year, same area for several years. I get Amazon deliveries at least twice a week, usually 5+ days a week.

Only once have I had something stolen. I maybe return less than 2% of my products. Usually delivery has always occurred between like 9am - 6pm and the driver just left the box.

I've now had four deliveries not attempt delivery until after 9pm. Tonight they made an attempt for LAUNDRY DETERGENT at 9:50pm while I was in my basement working out... so I didn't get it.

yesterday I missed a delivery cause I was asleep.

a few days ago when it first happened - loud knock starling me at nearly 10pm - it scared the shit out of me and woke my baby. Opened the door and was handed my box of socks :-/

anyone else?

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's possible shipping routes were consolidated and you're now at the end of the proverbial line.

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
Likely because the delivery company is understaffed and these people are working big overtime

Apr 19, 2018
Are your packages coming by way of local shipping couriers like Lasership? Those tend to make rather late deliveries.

OP
OP
Skel1ingt0n

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not so concerned with the late delivery - whatever, I'll just grab it in the AM. I've never once had something stolen off my porch in this house (knock on wood), including a 43" TV that say for 12+ hours.
I just hate having to answer the door that late, and I'm frustrated they keep waking up my daughter. Seems weird to require me to receive it all of a sudden, regardless of routes.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how are you going to cope with that poor person attempting to deliver you laundry detergent at this hour

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because you have Prime and want those packages delivered in two days and not "take your time" delivery.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
its because amazons system is inefficient and more people are ordering online than ever

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Because your support of Amazon granted them quasi-monopoly status and now that they're the only game in town they're feeding you shit because they know that you have nowhere else to go.
You only have yourself to blame.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fed ex did this one time. heard loud knocking at around 9:30 pm and scared me.

OP
OP
Skel1ingt0n

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Wtf at the hostility in this thread. I don't know how clear I can make it - I just would like to not have my doorbell rang at 10:26 at night. That's all.

I'm not upset it's arriving late. I wouldn't even be upset if 90% of these things arrived in 5 days vs 3. I was merely asking if something had changed recently or if anyone else encountered something similar so I could maybe find a constant.

:(

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Just contact Amazon. There's nothing we can do. Amazon should not be making deliveries after 9pm I believe. Contact them and make a complaint and a request to not do deliveries after 9PM. They will likely apologize and give you some free stuff

OP
OP
Skel1ingt0n

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017

signal

Oct 28, 2017
delivery guys get paid once they complete a certain route that includes many packages. this is why you see these guys working so late.
Is this mainly a US thing? I get late (by a day not late at night) deliveries all the time now lol.

My delivery experience in Germany has been total garbage. I miss the great but clearly overworked Japanese delivery services.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this mainly a US thing? I get late (by a day not late at night) deliveries all the time now lol.

My delivery experience in Germany has been total garbage. I miss the great but clearly overworked Japanese delivery services.
don't know if its an only u.s thing but i did see a video on how delivering for amazon works. all these guys get offered certain routes with many packages. these guys then try and deliver as fast as they can to try and get another route that same day. can't imagine amazon being okay with drivers waiting until the next day to finish routes. also the drivers won't get paid until everything is complete so i doubt drivers want to wait and back themselves up either.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
don't know if its an only u.s thing but i did see a video on how delivering for amazon works. all these guys get offered certain routes with many packages. these guys then try and deliver as fast as they can to try and get another route that same day. can't imagine amazon being okay with drivers waiting until the next day to finish routes. also the drivers won't get paid until everything is complete so i doubt drivers want to wait and back themselves up either.
Sounds terrible.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
how is it any different than shopping at a store and buying more than five things? Half the time I've ordered diapers and wipes they've arrived on two separate days.Sorry if have a child that needs her ass wiped?

The difference you go to the store once rather than have trucks drive to your house 5 days a week

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fuck this idiot for bringing me my laundry detergent at this hour. the nerve.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I once had an Amazon delivery person deliver at 10PM when it was supposed to be at 9PM. The guy was obviously overworked and apologetic, and I felt bad for the whole situation.

Truth be told, Amazon has got us where they want us to be -- addicted to free one/two day shipping.

Oct 29, 2017
You are lucky... UPS doesn't even knock on my door anymore. I rely on delivery notifications to see if something is sitting on my doorstep or not.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, FUCK the OP for....some reason. What is wrong with half of you?

I don't even have a kid and I would find this very annoying. Not to mention, he literally asked if anyone else is having the same issue. What an asshole, right?

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Hostility over multiple posts
I'm misconstruing your question because it's maddening. you order so much shit that the delivery people have to work well into the night, sometimes killing people in the process, and all you can do is sit back and wonder WHY?? why is this delivery person delivering this thing i ordered (laundry detergent) AS QUICKLY AS THEY HUMANLY CAN. i hope this was helpful!

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
five times a week? jesus you consume too much

Not unusual for us to get a delivery two to four times a week. I once even had three different Amazon items show up from three different delivery guys in the same day🤣.

I work 10 to 12-hour days and my wife does 10 hour days quite often too. With three kids and extracurricular stuff, you have to fit in some things where you can.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Because your support of Amazon granted them quasi-monopoly status and now that they're the only game in town they're feeding you shit because they know that you have nowhere else to go.
You only have yourself to blame.
I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't deserve this level of sanctimony/condescension, but hey.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, cause I live in the first world.
Honestly, I would be a bit annoyed if my packages got delivered at that hour too. They may have extended driver delivery hours to help with same day deliveries. Amazon seems to be really pushing that right now. If you don't need something right away, try just using no rush delivery.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I have this happen when I ain't at home to receive my Prime stuff earlier in the day. Such a hassle. I wish Amazon Canada will add Saturday delivery like the US. I hate getting called at work to answer the door only to tell them I'm not home. Maddening.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, some of y'all are just embarrassing.

I wouldn't want anyone knocking on my door at 10:30 PM either, certainly not for laundry detergent. I have a baby.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Try making a list and have a designated day of the week you order everything and select the option to have everything delivered on a specific day (single order is key). The environment will thank you.

Not trying to give you a hard time as I've cought myself with similar behavior in the past. Also you can receive digital dollars to use for renting movies by selecting the non two day shipping options.

As far as delivery times go, I know a contract driver for Amazon that tells me the can actually start as early as 4am and as late as 8pm with hours of packages to deliver.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I don't wanna judge because I don't know you or your life. But ordering laundry detergent from Amazon is like mindblowing to me. I didn't know people did that when the grocery store is right there.