• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
For me it is more about the most pronounced aspect/aspects of a given personality (shaped by the lives they have led no doubt) that I perceive and like. And it is generally transient (save exceptions). Some examples:
  • Queen Vulpix - Charitable to a fault, and insurmountably kind. You know it, I know it, we all know it and love her for it. She is how I thought of Betty (from Archie comics) from when I was young.
  • Angie22 - Sharp, talented visual content creator (a story teller) and exquisitely sassy. She is akin to Veronica in my book.
  • Nepenthe - The "let me set the record straight" teacher. Direct, warm, looks out for troubled souls and unapologetically squashes misinformation about social justice causes.
  • Transistor - A progressive and diplomatic soul who is buoyed by a loving and life saving partner. He openly professes his love and support for her and that is a truly admirable quality.
  • Kyuuji - A relentless warrior for the LGBTQ+ cause who spends her time generously collating information in a digestible format that seeks to educate people on the transphobia that may otherwise go unseen as well as converse with people one on one clarifying trans-related issues. It takes special amount of vigor to keep on doing it on a regular basis.
  • Fiction - Epitomizes steadfast strength, a balance between optimism and pessimism and remarkable wisdom in her judgment.
  • L Thammy - In the same category as Kyuuji but a more generalist. His dedication towards collating hard data as evidence for 8chan THQN AMA related fuckery was/is legendary in my book. He was and still is fighting the good fight with utmost gusto.

Aw shucks.

I don't think I've done anything like that recently - although I guess it would be weird to seek out the opportunity too. But after seeing how GAF handled Gamergate, I felt that the nefarious actors were great at packaging their narratives in digestible, easily distributed forms whereas we often fell back on "this has gotten tiring".

It's not just important for people who aren't familiar with an issue; it's also a tidy way of exposing people who claim ignorance to order present themselves as harmless. You can only pretend to be ignorant until knowledge is presented to you. If someone responds to that with "but what about", it has already become clear that they aren't actually a blank slate and that they're trying to cause confusion.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
That person with the transgender pride flag and the origami crane because they always have something insightful to say about politics

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Like eating booty no one wants to admit in public they're into me. It's ok though, I know where you stand in your heart.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
6SEGS5P.gif

shout-out to all of [Mafia] Era

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
All the tall non-heterosexual Resetera members who are in the DC/Maryland/VA region are my crush.

Please enter my DMs for screening purposes.

OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
For me it is more about the most pronounced aspect/aspects of a given personality (shaped by the lives they have led no doubt) that I perceive and like. And it is generally transient (save exceptions). Some examples:
  • Queen Vulpix - Charitable to a fault, and insurmountably kind. You know it, I know it, we all know it and love her for it. She is how I thought of Betty (from Archie comics) from when I was young.
You're far too kind, thank you ❤️

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
The person with the anime avatar

But really, is there a real-pic Era thread? I got some new glasses and they look 🔥 and may need to show them to the world

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are a few people that I like or that I read your posts when I see them (in no order): Taysan, JonBones, Disco, Admiral Woofington, Speevy, HStallion, NinjaScooter, Sanjuro, Ryesing, Blamespace - there are others.

Most of you are a blur of bullshit. The above people have proven thoughts or consistency and even with some disagreements I've found a baseline with. For that, I always listen and that matters to me on the internet.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Krejlooc but sadly he hasn't come back from a self requested ban. I never told him how much I loved his deep dive retro posts.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Aw shucks.

I don't think I've done anything like that recently - although I guess it would be weird to seek out the opportunity too. But after seeing how GAF handled Gamergate, I felt that the nefarious actors were great at packaging their narratives in digestible, easily distributed forms whereas we often fell back on "this has gotten tiring".

It's not just important for people who aren't familiar with an issue; it's also a tidy way of exposing people who claim ignorance to order present themselves as harmless. You can only pretend to be ignorant until knowledge is presented to you. If someone responds to that with "but what about", it has already become clear that they aren't actually a blank slate and that they're trying to cause confusion.

And once again you show why I truly admire your contributions and by extension, you. Stay safe.

You're far too kind, thank you ❤

Just stating verifiable veritable truth-facts, and you are welcome. Stay safe.

giphy.gif

Aww, you're both too kind haha 🥰 thank you, that's really sweet. Sending some smooches your way 😘 ~ ~ <3 <3

Thank you kindly. In the age of the pandemic, e-smooches are the safest smooches :P

Keep up the great work & stay safe.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Kyuuji who is the strongest Avenger. (Sorry, just watched Ragnarok this weekend.) She is simply awe-inspiring. Lots of light and love to you.

Also, Fat4all and blame space and Slayven and Neoxon

And my wife. Who may or may not be on this forum. I'll never tag her, but she knows.

SHE KNOWS.

QUICK EDIT: Also, shout out to ZeoVGM who I find myself agreeing with WAY more often than not, even though I may not comment.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Okingjrr

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
France
I mostly lurk here but some people do put a smile on my face when reading their posts.

Fat4all (because he can't have enough notifications), since the SBFP community thread way back in the day.
elenarie, I really enjoy having the genuine dev insight, positivity, and hype, despite how toxic posters can be in some threads (especially in EA threads).

On the mods side:
Morrigan, always happy to see her pop up in a thread.
Slayven, I think I've learned way more obscure comic book facts than I need in my life by accidently stepping into any thread thanks to him.

Last edited:

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I mostly lurk here but some people do put a smile on my face when reading their posts.

Fat4all (because he can't have enough notifications), since the SBFP community thread way back in the day.
elenarie, I really enjoy having the genuine dev insight, positivity, and hype, despite how toxic posters can be in some threads (especially in EA threads).

On the mods side:
Morrigan, always happy to see her pop up in a thread.
Slayven, I think I've learned way more obscure comic book facts than I need in my life by accidently stepping into any thread thanks to him.

😅

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
I have crushed on and hated so many of you fucks over the last twenty years I dunno anymore.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Angie22 cause she's the first person I met on Era and actually became friends with, since I've met her she's only ever been nice to me and I appreciate the hell out of her

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Angie22 is honestly one of the best people I've ever met on the internet. I could say so many positive things about her. It's so rare to meet such a nice and caring person. Seriously, I have nothing but good words and I'm so grateful to have found such a special friend ❤️