• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's the third-most-famous Pokemon? (after Pikachu and Charizard)

• Eevee

Votes: 78 12.2%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 124 19.4%
  • Charmander

Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Meowth

Votes: 28 4.4%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 87 13.6%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 275 43.1%
  • Someone else

Votes: 26 4.1%

• Total voters

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Charmander being in and bulbasaur not is strange. I doubt many people even remember him that well with the small time he got in the anime

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
who are these people who would know Mewtwo but not Squirtle or Jigglypuff?

The reverse would be common though.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Random people with no familiarity wouldn't see Mewtwo and say, that's a Pokemon
Eevee, however

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's Meowth, as he still shows up in every episode in the anime presently. All of you are forgetting that that is the first exposure to pokemon to many kids.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey look, it's the best starter choice in the first generation.

giphy.gif

You show a person on the street Mewtwo, there's a solid chance they are going to say Frieza by mistake.

latest

No one ever get's Squirtle wrong.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Non pokemon fan here. The only one I knew on the list from before smash was Jigglypuff

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Mewtwo has been in two feature films that people who know nothing about pokemon had to see with their kids
But this argument also works for Meowth, who has appeared in EVERY pokemon movie. The ony thing Mewtwo has over Meowth is being playable in fighting games, because otherwise Meowth is basically the second most shown pokemon in the series.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Im gonna say Jigglypuff, not only does Jiggs have a boost from Smash bros, but also was a recurring character in the anime for decades and has a simple, recognizable design.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Based on my family interactions it seems like Meowth or Jigglypuff?

Although Koffing may be a dark horse lmao -- one of the few Pokemon my dad remembers from my pokemon childhood because he always thought it was saying "Coffee" when I watched the tv show on saturday mornings.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
But this argument also works for Meowth, who has appeared in EVERY pokemon movie. The ony thing Mewtwo has over Meowth is being playable in fighting games, because otherwise Meowth is basically the second most shown pokemon in the series.

Most of those other films barely got any press or cinema release outside Japan. The first one and this one are the big ones, and Mewtwo is a featured character in both, whereas Meowth only had a significant role in the first.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MV5BN2NkZjA0OWUtZDgyMy00MjIxLWJhZTEtYjdmYzVjZTQ3YWRiL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg

I'd argue that many parents first real exposure to pokemon was taking their child to the cinema to see this. Mewtwo is fucking big guys.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Would say its a tossup between Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur

Probably would say Mewtwo just because he was the main "villain" in the very first movie.