• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who should Godzilla face next?

• Biollante

Votes: 23 12.2%
  • Mechagodzilla

Votes: 76 40.4%
  • Spacegodzilla

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • Gigan

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Hedorah

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Destroyah

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Original Titan by Legendary

Votes: 10 5.3%

• Total voters

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from Kong. We know he will face Kong.

After seeing KotM, I was blown away by the amount of care that was given to Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah. Legendary has done a fantastic job with visually updating these classic kaiju, as well as exploring the characters and giving them more personality than they've ever shown in previous films. Same with Kong, the Skullcrawlers and the Muto. I'm excited to see more from Legendary, they really opened Pandora's box in this film! 17 confirmed Titans and counting! I believe they only showed like 4 or 5 new Titans that are all original monsters. All of these designs were quite solid. I would trust them to come up with more original Titans in the future rather than using any of the old Toho kaiju as a threat in the future. It would be cool to have cameos by kaiju like Anguirus or King Caesar, though. I think doing things like Space Godzilla or Biollante will be a waste. I don't see these characters putting asses in the seats like Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra could.

Last edited:

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect Mechagodzilla to show up in Godzilla vs King King.

The two start out fighting each other but come together to take down Mechagodzilla. I could see it happening.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gigan is my Poochy

Whenever another monster is on the screen, I'm asking where's Gigan

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Jet Jaguar
Mecha-godizlla
Battrra
Destoroyah

Also have they confirmed anymore movies after godzilla vs kong? I know one will lose but doesn't that mean one will die?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Unless Kong vs Godzilla does way better than King of the Monsters or these movies cost way less to make than they look I would be shocked if Godzilla fights anyone after Kong.

I would love to see Gigan come back though.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
6514bb2c25aaf012fb02610c346454fc.jpg

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I like Gigan and Anguirus so I hope they get in there even as jobbers like Rodan and Destroyah is perfect to end the series on. I don't think we are going to get Mechagodzilla and Mecha King Ghidorah.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Biollante would make sense given that they've set up that monster radiation magically makes plants and grow like crazy.

If Godzilla vs. Kong follows the Batman vs. Superman model and they team up to fight a worse enemy, I'm not really sure which one would be the best for them to fight. Hedorah would make sense given the environmental aspect this last movie.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biollante would make sense given that they've set up that monster radiation magically makes plants and grow like crazy.

If Godzilla vs. Kong follows the Batman vs. Superman model and they team up to fight a worse enemy, I'm not really sure which one would be the best for them to fight. Hedorah would make sense given the environmental aspect this last movie.
Its gonna be mecha king ghidora

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I haven't seen KotM yet but Kong uses tools and more smarts than anything, he actually fights. I can see fully grown Kong putting up a fight.

Not sure what techniques or tools would make a difference. It would be like Goku with Kaio-Ken vs Freeza. Feels like King Kong vs Godzilla should have been filmed before King of the Monsters.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
After Kong and Godzilla settle their differences, Charles Dance is going to show up piloting MechaGodzilla using Ghidorah's DNA or some shit. Either way they win and set up Destroyah or whatever

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville, Kentucky
I don't know that Mechagodzilla really fits the technology level of the Legendary universe, which is a shame because it's the only one of the Big Five not in this universe yet.

Destroyah and Biollante are the "newer" baddies that have the right combination of popular, powerful, and could fairly easily fit the overall tone of these movies.

I'd love to see a bunch of the "mundane" classic Showa monsters show up as lesser Titans that don't take center stage. Anguirus, Baragon, Varan, Manda, Gorosaurus, Kamacuras, Kumonga, Ebirah, and Titanosaurus would all make cool cameos in the same way that the couple original Titans in KOTM did. If you wanna be crazy, I'd argue you could even add Gabara, King Seesar, Zilla, and Megaguirus to that list.

If the leak from a while back is correct, the new monster is an original creation vaguely similar to Hedorah, created from genetic tampering with the remaining Ghidorah head that ended up in the credits stinger. I believe that at the time this first circulated, the CGI for KOTM was unfinished and people were still saying it was a mutated crab monster in the stinger teasing Destroyah, not Ghidorah's severed head, so that MAY be accurate.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Biollante. Would work in this universe, plus I think they mentioned Charles Dance's character experiments with Titan DNA or something. Also she is one of the coolest looking monsters out there.

And bring back Mothra and give her more to do because every scene she was in was amazing. I never really liked Mothra that much until KotM.

Oct 25, 2017

Oh shit! I didn't even think about that. I've been too busy assuming the oxygen destroyer leads to Destroyah! They actually set up a wide array to pick from it seems like. Totally feel like Kong vs Godzilla is just going to be Batman v Superman but... maybe not bad.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I would have thought Gigan or Mechagodzilla were too fantastical for the MonsterVerse but KOTM went full wacky Showa so why the fuck not, do one of them.

Tank MD.

Nov 10, 2017
Oh shit! I didn't even think about that. I've been too busy assuming the oxygen destroyer leads to Destroyah! They actually set up a wide array to pick from it seems like. Totally feel like Kong vs Godzilla is just going to be Batman v Superman but... maybe not bad.
Godzilla: Find... him... S-save... M-Mothra...
Kong: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?! MOYHRA?! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!