• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XV's Titan.

Carries a giant meteor on his back.

Uppercuts a mountain.

tumblr_p7mb5l5Rrw1qgio5qo3_r1_500.gifv

maxresdefault.jpg

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Man, I really have to play XIV even if just for a month or so.

Yeah, Sabin actually holding the mansion with his hands is part of the game's plot and not for gameplay purposes.

You might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like:
latest

Yep. Homes can weigh up to 300 pounds per square foot. The mansion Sabin was holding up if at 20,000 square feet (which is conservative, honestly) would weigh something like 3000 tons, most of that roof, etc.

If we assume he's supporting even half that weight it's still 1500 tons. That's the weight of three 747 airplanes combined.

Sabin is ridiculous.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd agree it would be Sabin.

But I've often wondered how strong Sephiroth is on a physical sense. He can carve through entire mountains and buildings like they were butter. In JRPG/Anime terms that would be due to "skill" rather than raw physical strength (he can, like, swing a sword really precise or some nonsense).

But then you get moments like this:

KeK48F0.png

To this day I still think about how this went down. Did he literally pick up the Zolom with one hand and slammed it down a tree, like Joker's pencil trick?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
There's several factors we have to look at

-Body comp (Muscle/fat ratio)
-Strength
-Cardio
-Athleticism

Barrett probably wins a bodybuilding contest, but he struggles with stairs so that's a big red mark, OP brought up Tidus who's a world class athlete so that's a great resume, but lots of FF characters have intense military training like Cloud, Lightning, and everyone in FFVIII.

Zell and Tifa are pretty acrobatic, but overall i think Jecht wins this, he's also a great athlete, has tons of muscle mass, but not too much like barrett does.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Sabin
Godbert
Zell - he a kid so has more potential and have him absorb all elements cast haste, berserk,protect and zombie on him watch him murder everyone

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Wow no one mentioned Vaan so far?

Cmon people, it is definetely the ABS kid. He might not be able to suplex a train, but no one can rival Vaan's abs. He might be irrelevant to FFXIIs plot, but it is impossible to forget how FIT that boy is.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
There's several factors we have to look at

-Body comp (Muscle/fat ratio)
-Strength
-Cardio
-Athleticism

Barrett probably wins a bodybuilding contest, but he struggles with stairs so that's a big red mark, OP brought up Tidus who's a world class athlete so that's a great resume, but lots of FF characters have intense military training like Cloud, Lightning, and everyone in FFVIII.

Zell and Tifa are pretty acrobatic, but overall i think Jecht wins this, he's also a great athlete, has tons of muscle mass, but not too much like barrett does.

Sabin aside (who obviously wins, come on now) Tidus probably has the edge over everyone else, given that he's not just "an athlete" he's playing a sport that shouldn't be physically possible and he's world class at it.

A blitzball sphere is somewhere around the volume of a good sized football stadium. Tidus is playing underwater at depths that would probably kill most people, without a tank- just holding breath for ten minutes. And still moving fast enough to not be caught, and able to launch a blitzball hard enough to KO a dude while underwater and under pressure.

Edit: Wakka is right up there with him, given that Wakka uses nothing BUT a blitzball in combat to KO things everyone else uses heavy weaponry for. Tidus appears to be the better blitzball player between the two though.

He's not Sabin, but that's legitimately superhuman activity.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Gotta stan my boy Yang!

5161f7068da84dbdf68c432eba7cfe0a0b42872a.jpg

Dude can hit every enemy around him with a single flying kick, can survive a massive explosion, and can take a hit straight to his head from a frying pan.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Too many people are conflating fitness with brute strength, when that's only part of it.

It's Tifa.

Fitness would be overall physical ability, not just strength, sure.

Lightning as of LR is a flat out team wrecker though. She's knocking out some pretty massive monsters and bosses totally solo in that game, and physically overpowers a Cieth'd out Snow, a pissed off Noel, and Caius Ballard. She's a SOLDIER on Steroids.

LR lightning is extremely powerful and moves so fast she's basically a blur to everyone else. Tifa definitely isnt on that level.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Still think Sabin edges him out.

Godbert's speed isnt anything to write home about- Sabin, cyan, and shadow outran the ghost train ON FOOT, before Sabin turned around and suplexed it.

Steam locomotives weigh somewhere between 400,000 and 1,000,000 pounds, and that train was huge. Top speed on those things could hit upwards of 100mph and Sabin was going faster than that without getting winded.

So doing the math, Sabin was sprinting at over 100mph, turned around to suplex a 500 ton train, then immediately went back to the 100mph sprint.

Uh....yeah, Godbert gets wrecked against that nonsense
The whole thing ceases to make sense the moment you try to apply logic and physics to it. The argument doesn't work haha

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
The whole thing ceases to make sense the moment you try to apply logic and physics to it. The argument doesn't work haha

Its not supposed to make sense. Sabin is just supposed to be SO JACKED that logic and reason break down.

The suplex isn't even a limit break. Its just a move he has. He can suplex things all day- and contrary to popular belief FF6 *does* have things (resembling) limit breaks called "desperation attacks", they're just a pain to pull off.

But regardless, even ignoring the train singlehandedly keeping a mansion from collapsing with his bare hands is right up there with it, and that's part of the narrative.

Sabin is canonically *meant* to be stupidly, absurdly strong.

jkh13

Oct 27, 2017
If we are talking about Sabin suplexing a train, surely Tifa suplexing Diamond weapon is even more crazy? She lifts it like 60 feet into the air whilst spinning it as well on one hand.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
If we are talking about Sabin suplexing a train, surely Tifa suplexing Diamond weapon is even more crazy? She lifts it like 60 feet into the air whilst spinning it as well on one hand.

That's a limit break. Sabin can suplex *anything* back to back without getting stressed or winded by it.

And as pointed out, he was outrunning the train before suplexing it.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Still think Sabin edges him out.

Godbert's speed isnt anything to write home about- Sabin, cyan, and shadow outran the ghost train ON FOOT, before Sabin turned around and suplexed it.

Wait but doesn't Godbert sprint across entire continents in record time for some of his quests? Hell, I think one of the Stormblood quests had him running on water at a point, will have to rewatch that one

plus, there was that time he jumped thousands of feet in the air to perform a power bomb on someone in the Heavensward quests

edit: aw hell nah, Godbert is straIght doing "nothin personnel kid" DBZ teleports when he's mind controlled and holding back in his Stormblood appearance, nah, Sabin isn't beating that.

Last edited:

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Jecht
Soccer mom
M9pR1mUl.jpg

Golbez
Mean big brother
GgGB3Zc.jpg
Y6hPijzl.png

Kimahri
Yuna's puppy
isLn3yYl.jpg

But most importantly, absolutely thicc lads

Last edited:

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Even not counting the train suplex meme, Sabin holds up a damn building to try and allow people inside to be rescued. That's some Spider-Man shit.

It's Sabin.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's Godbert, he has joke character 4th wall break levels of power.

If you don't want to count joke characters then its Sabin

Wait but doesn't Godbert sprint across entire continents in record time for some of his quests? Hell, I think one of the Stormblood quests had him running on water at a point, will have to rewatch that one

plus, there was that time he jumped thousands of feet in the air to perform a power bomb on someone in the Heavensward quests
Yeah godbert is broken intentionally

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I have to give it to Blitzball players.

How much stamina, strength, and dexterity must it take to play that game at a high level? Tidus launches himself, unassisted, out of water chasing a ball and is just about to bicycle kick said ball into the back of the net from way out. Jecht's signature move allows him to slam opponents hard enough to make the ball bounce back precisely so he can charge up a spinning roundhouse that hits hard enough to warp the ball itself.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Worth considering is that from a mechanic standpoint, all of Sabin's blitzes are 0 MP cost.

It literally takes *no effort* for Sabin to pull off his techniques, and they don't require stress or strain like a limit break.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Worth considering is that from a mechanic standpoint, all of Sabin's blitzes are 0 MP cost.

It literally takes *no effort* for Sabin to pull off his techniques, and they don't require stress or strain like a limit break.
Godbert is an NPC that exist literally to do things not physically possible for comedic purposes gameplay elements dont really mean anything

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Too many people are conflating fitness with brute strength, when that's only part of it.

It's Tifa.
Sabin is fucking jacked though. As are Gladiolus and Jecht. These guys are like 200+ pounds and like 7% body fat. Tifa's clearly fit but I don't think she's often shown to be ripped. She got abs though and out of the female characters I think she has them all beat.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Golbez is the secret sauce here.

But I'll say Gladio. One of the reasons I hate that stupid game is because the fucker is so fucking fit it hurts to see

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Godbert is an NPC that exist literally to do things not physically possible for comedic purposes gameplay elements dont really mean anything

Its fun for the sake of argument. Sabin does things in and out of gameplay which tag him as superhumanly powerful.

But examining this one aspect of gameplay has some value. The designers put the value cost for blitz as zero.

The only exception is the blitz that heals up the party and restores MP. That one drains Sabin's HP/MP and removes him from battle. None of the others do.

The intent here then seems to be that the rest of them were *meant* to be effortless for Sabin.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

Here's the thing about the entire Manderville family in FFXIV; each one of them are fucking insane (because like QisTopTier mentioned, they are firmly 4th wall comedy characters and have no qualms breaking the plot, physics, etc).

We know that Godbert is canonically stronger than his son, Hildibrand. We also know that Hildibrand's mom, Julyan, is just as strong as Godbert.

At the end of the Heavensward segment, Julyan literally punted Hildibrand into the sky with a frying pan because she was moderately mad about something. When checking the FFXIV world map and how they were in northern Ishgard at the time, and how we know he landed somewhere in Hingashi, Hildi's mom punched him... *checks notes* across a continent and into an island over 7,000 miles away if we assume she punched him the shorter way of west and not east

Hildibrand survives this unscathed for the most part.

His parents can punch people across the planet without much effort

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Golbez is the secret sauce here.

But I'll say Gladio. One of the reasons I hate that stupid game is because the fucker is so fucking fit it hurts to see
I was getting pretty lazy without the gym, what with it closing because of COVID concerns and all. But after I started replaying FFXV and looking at Gladio's stupid sexy body I got myself some dumbbells and started doing what I could.