• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's a point in Dissidia Opera Omnia where Zack, Tidus, and Seifer have a squats contest. They don't tell you who wins but do kind of imply it's Zack (dude does like a thousand squats in Crisis Core). I would guess Tidus comes in second because he's a pro athlete who swims, and Seifer is just kind of a jerk who doesn't like to lose, so he doesn't come off as particularly fit compared to the other guys.

But who's the fittest? Zack? Tidus? Vaan with his insane abs? Gladiolus with his also crazy physique? Tifa?

And what if we also include the (humanoid) bad guys, too? Is Sephiroth jacked from Mako power?

What do you think?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
latest

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
My heart says Sabin, but my mind says Zack. SOLDIER bio-magic nonsense probably wins the day over all-natural dedication.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
If we are allowed to include side characters, then probably Godbert Manderville.

Out of main characters, I'll throw out a nomination for Bartz. Despite his Amano art and Dissidia incarnations, he is actually pretty buff. You can't underestimate the power boost from being an actual Warrior of Light chosen by the Crystals, either.

OP
OP
Septimus Prime

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I forgot Sabin.

To be clear, though, it was a ghost train. It may not weigh as much as a real one.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Probably Cloud. Dude squats as well, has mako powers and carrying around that big ass swords can't be easy.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Yeah its Sabin.

Lot of mentions about suplexing the train, (you could suplex virtually anything in that game iirc) but Sabin also held up an entire mansion by himself and kept it from collapsing.

Nobody else is that ridiculous. Although given the math behind how Blitzball even works Tidus should probably beat out everyone else.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say Sabin but yeah, it's Godbert. He's a Manderville Man's man.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If you haven't played FFXIV, the Hildibrand storyline is fantastic, and reason enough to play it by itself.

(Yeah, Gilgamesh is just here too.)

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
in jrpgs everybody has the metabolism of a 16 year old and gets ripped killing sewer rats. but sabin is the only 'canonical' fit ripped AF dude

dunno what's going on with this hildy dude though never got far in 14

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's never played a single second of XIV and doesn't plan to, yeah, it's gotta be Sabin.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Man, I really have to play XIV even if just for a month or so.
Yeah its Sabin.

Lot of mentions about suplexing the train, (you could suplex virtually anything in that game iirc) but Sabin also held up an entire mansion by himself and kept it from collapsing.

Nobody else is that ridiculous. Although given the math behind how Blitzball even works Tidus should probably beat out everyone else.
Yeah, Sabin actually holding the mansion with his hands is part of the game's plot and not for gameplay purposes.

You might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like:
latest

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Godbert is the only correct answer

Still think Sabin edges him out.

Godbert's speed isnt anything to write home about- Sabin, cyan, and shadow outran the ghost train ON FOOT, before Sabin turned around and suplexed it.

Steam locomotives weigh somewhere between 400,000 and 1,000,000 pounds, and that train was huge. Top speed on those things could hit upwards of 100mph and Sabin was going faster than that without getting winded.

So doing the math, Sabin was sprinting at over 100mph, turned around to suplex a 500 ton train, then immediately went back to the 100mph sprint.

Uh....yeah, Godbert gets wrecked against that nonsense