• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
51QRDrBU4xL._AC_.jpg

WELCOME TO THE PARTY, PAL!

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great christmas film but home alone 2 is better imo

prob 50s scrooge with alastair sim and batman returns too

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
One of my last movies I saw at the theaters was Die Hard. When theaters had the xmas as movie marathon last year.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
"die hard is/isn't a christmas movie" is up there with "pineapple does/doesn't belong on pizza" on my list of "people who make these arguments are the most boring people on the planet"

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
"die hard is/isn't a christmas movie" is up there with "pineapple does/doesn't belong on pizza" on my list of "people who make these arguments are the most boring people on the planet"

I've spent enough time on the internet for the meme that "Die Hard is a Christmas film" is even more passé than saying it isn't.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's such a perfectly distilled example of corporate meme abuse. The gag about it being a Christmas film was vaguely amusing for one year, then almost immediately the studio hopped on it with special edition box sets, holiday merch, and marketing campaigns pushing it as a 'quirky holiday favorite'. Just draining the whole thing of any identity, almost instantly.

It's also managed to make one of the best action films of all time feel perpetually rote & played out.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm sure Diehard is good, but there are far too few Muppets and/or ghosts for it to hold that title.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yes, it was about time we had a Muppets Christmas Carol thread =D

4Q6vnl2.gif

xJuCexD.gif

KkeDmK0.gif

g0mysGM.gif

AEkv3dR.gif

Sorry but that belongs to Santa's Slay

You mean the Silent Night Deadly Night series !

www.youtube.com

Garbage Day! (high quality)

One of the more memorable scenes from the 1987 film "Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2"(high quality means this was not sourced from VHS. Thank you for atten...

....ok santa slay is the better movie xD

Last edited:

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Die Hard is fine, but not even remotely as rewatchable as stuff like Home Alone and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation or A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Muppets Christmas Carol is the best Christmas film and it is a goddamn TRAVESTY that they cut out When Love Is Gone out of pretty much every home release since the VHS/Laser disk.