• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
www.medcitybeat.com

Just kidding! Mayo Med School mistakenly sends acceptance letters to every applicant

Over 350 acceptance emails to Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine were mistakenly sent out Thursday morning, sending nervous applicants into a frenzy.

Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine erroneously emailed 364 letters of acceptance to talented, engaging individuals seeking an appointment to the medical school," said Mayo spokesperson Heather Carlson Kehren in a statement. "Soon after the emails were sent, a technical error was discovered and the letters of acceptance were withdrawn by email. All affected applicants have been contacted by phone. We deeply regret having caused disappointment to these applicants, and we are continuing to investigate the issue.

Some applicants thought humor would be the best way to respond.

A post calling to send 500 boxes of old mayonnaise to the Clinic's doorstep gained traction on Reddit's r/premed forum Thursday night, after the dust had settled on the whole fracas. ("As applicants we have no power in this process, so the only thing we can do is send them hundreds of gallons of mayonnaise," said one commenter.)

*sigh* I dunno. If I'd been accepted just to then be told "no, sorry. we've made a mistake" I'd be beyond pissed.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly shocked there are so few applicants, but that suuuuuuucks for the ultimately rejected.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The school should just let them all in.

Separate the wheat from the chaff with the workload.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's some rich creamy bs. Doesn't cut the mustard. Puts everyone in a pickle. Spreading acceptance thin. Thought their bread was buttered on both sides. Toasted their own success.

Sandwich.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Working in higher education on the admissions side, the number of medical school applications are shocking. 500? We receive that in 2 weeks.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Imagine getting to fulfill someone's dream in that moment and then having to crush it. Brutal.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA