• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 30, 2018

"I wanted to take this moment to really say 'thank you' to two women who are standing here beside me," Larson said after accepting the award and thanking the fans. "These are the women that trained me and who were also the stunt doubles for Captain Marvel. I could not have made this film without them, they are really the baseline of who she is. They are the living embodiment of Captain Marvel."

As Moneymaker explained in her speech, she actually grew up with Bennett. "As young girls, we wanted to be just like Lara Croft and G.I. Jane," she told the crowd. "So it's a real honor to be a part of this character and hopefully pass along some of that inspiration and strength that those iconic women brought to us."

"A big thank you to Brie for acknowledging our role in this film," added Bennet. "It's truly a rare acknowledgment, and it means so much not just to the both of us but to the entire stunt community."

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
what should we do with stunt people

i want them rewarded but people say that would encourage stunts getting more dangerous for award bait

Aine

May 27, 2019
"Look at how much her co-workers hate her, you can see it in their faces!"

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
As a kid I always wanted to be a stuntman, so it's great to see Brie Larson do this. Great move.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
"It's a craft that deserves more respect. "

Talk about an understatement xD
The oscars not having a stunt award is simply CRIMINAL.

Brie is awesome and more famous people should do this

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I misread this as "why is she so unkillable?" And did a double take.

I'm not big on the MTV Movie Awards but this is great. Stunt people need more credit

You just reminded me that Daniel Radcliffe's stunt double basically got crippled for life during the filming of one of the Harry Potter movies and that's really heart breaking.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You just reminded me that Daniel Radcliffe's stunt double basically got crippled for life during the filming of one of the Harry Potter movies and that's really heart breaking.
I think it was Milla Jovovich's stunt double whose face was degloved (don't Google that)

FoXR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
She got offended when C Hemsworth told her that she could be the new Tom Cruise for doing her own stunts, she wanted to be the first Brie Larson (fair enough) Why does she have stunt people then?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
First off damn at living a live with Moneymaker as your surname, but how does anyone hate Brie?

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder how shitlords are going to spin this one.
Easy. PR move to try and make up for lying about doing her own stunts even though it was obviously a joke with the standard Marvel cast jabbing each other interviews.🙄

I think it was Milla Jovovich's stunt double whose face was degloved (don't Google that)
Yeah, that was probably the most horrific stunt accident I've ever heard and I'm including deaths.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
This is fantastic,
Stunts should get more recognition and Brie is awesome for this (and for other reasons as well).

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Wonder how shitlords are going to spin this one.
Saw on the r/marvelstudios subreddit (in heavily downvoted comments, because it's a good community) that she apparently "lied" about doing all of her own stunts, so this is just PR.

Which is lol.

Edit: Oh nevermind, it's happening in this thread too.
She got offended when C Hemsworth told her that she could be the new Tom Cruise for doing her own stunts, she wanted to be the first Brie Larson (fair enough) Why does she have stunt people then?

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, it's a nice gesture but on the hand it's a white woman giving more spotlight to her fellow white women. 🤔

Though really that's the problem that I have with the women empowerment movement is that it's currently solely focused on white women and it feels like that women of colours are being excluded because white women are the safer choice. 🤔

1. She wasn't being serious with her statement, 2. she has stunt people for insurance purpose, 3. it doesn't take away what she's doing.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
tenor.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Brie did what 40 years of writing couldn't do, make Carol legit relevant

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Renae Moneymaker has a sister who is also a stunt-double named Heidi. She was also in Captain Marvel as the double for the old lady whose ass Carol kicks on the bus. I believe Heidi was ScarJo's double for most of the series. Renae has also doubled for Wasp and Quake.

Ass-kicking sisters bringing a lot of Marvel's female characters to life.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
On the one hand, it's a nice gesture but on the hand it's a white woman giving more spotlight to her fellow white women. 🤔

Though really that's the problem that I have with the women empowerment movement is that it's currently solely focused on white women and it feels like that women of colours are being excluded because white women are the safer choice. 🤔

i think it might've been noticeable if her stunt doubles were POC. maybe not.