• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How would you spell Keanu Reeves' immortal catchphrase?

• Whoa

Votes: 340 59.6%
  • Woah

Votes: 174 30.5%
  • Excellent

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 39 6.8%

• Total voters
Nov 11, 2017
Weekend ERA, the world is a mess, and I need the kind of distraction that only debating something completely trivial can provide. That said...

I don't know where you 'woah' people get off, perverting a perfectly good word just because you don't like where the h is. I know I know, language evolves over time and all that, but dammit this is my line in the sand. At least I can hold my head up high knowing I have the dictionary on my side

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
whoa, but I'm not gonna get a bee in my bonnet about people spelling it the other way

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa woah whoah wait a minute. Never thought about the right way to spell it. I've always seen both and never bothered to think which way is right.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I've always thought of Whoa as when you're loud/excited and Woah as when your quiet/mind blown

Oct 25, 2017
It's:

3IaBXRa.gif

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I don't usually use these words. But when i do i try to be absolutely certain that they're written incorrectly.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
The stale Thor option would've been slightly less stupid if it had been Thor 2: The Dark Whoa.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It's whoa but the internet has been making woah a thing. And I can't blame them. Whoa invokes the sound of "who" whereas woah does not. I imagine woah will completely displace whoa one day

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
"Woah."

"Whoa" implies there's any /h/ sound blended after the 'w', which there is not.

Insanity!