• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who would win in a fight between MCU Cap and Raimi Spider-Man?

• MCU Cap

Votes: 380 45.4%
  • Raimi Spider-Man

Votes: 330 39.4%
  • Tie

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • I miss the part where that's my problem

Votes: 115 13.7%

• Total voters

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't think Peter was pulling his punches on his ex mentor then you're insane. Peter could literally turn his head to mush with a punch if he intended to.
If Raimi Spidey has such little control of his powers that it's either love taps or killing blows than Cap wins. Still makes no sense that Doc Ock didn't ingest any super Solider serum yet was tanking all those punches. Doc should have been knocked out and peter should be just fighting the arms.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wrapped in Black
Mar 10, 2018
People keep talking about the train and helicopter, but Cap stopped Thanos with the Gauntlet. Do we think a train is more powerful than that?
Cap used all he had to stop Thano's hand and Thanos didnt even use any of the stones powers.
Just a side note on MCU Thanos: Dude's durability is insane. Nebula crashes a damn ship into him from space at full speed, and he just gets up like nothing even happened. Cap uses Pikachu's down + b on him, and he just absorbs that shit like Ness' down + b. Isn't lightning supposed to be the same temperature as the surface of the sun? So if we throw MCU Thanos into the sun, dude won't die? Idk. I just feel like without the Avengers' magic users, no one really had a shot at stopping Thanos.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Peter would win with his moves.

AmusedHastyBovine-size_restricted.gif

Dayum

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
So this thread is only about who would win in a fight but not necessarily who is stronger, yeah? The gifs in the OP I think are indicative that Spiderman whichever universe has far more brute strength than Cap does

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I think I need to go back and watch the Raimi Spider-Man movies to remember what I liked about them

because these endless Raimi Spider-Man threads make me like the movies less on principle

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I always accepted that scene as Thanos being mildly surprised that he had more strength than a human should have.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Tobey would Michael Jackson spin-foot flick Cap in the stomach and dislocate his spine. Tobes stopped a train that already had momentum. Tobes has the strength to have his whole body not be dislocated from the Gs of swinging on his webs through the city.

source.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Raimi Spidey is OP as shit, he just holds back. His sense is crazy, he doesn't run out of webbing (Unless he is sad lol), when he gets pissed off he doesn't fuck around. Cap is strong and the better fighter for sure, but I think his shield would be neutralized so unless he is wielding Mjolnir I just don't see it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Raimiman is OP.
Raimi Spidey couldn't even punch out a middle aged, overweight , Italian man.
tenor.gif

While MCU Cap was styling on Mark 46 Iron Man Armor.
UnpleasantIncompatibleBluet-size_restricted.gif
Tobey was holding back his punches, obviously! He doesn't want to kill the man.

lol at least that's one plausible explanation.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanos was holding back against Cap in Infinity War. Thanos won the Infinity War as soon as Odin died and he was free to make a move without fear of Odin stepping in and crushing him. He took the Power Stone from Xandar using the force of his army, and then everything after that was him taking a victory lap. Thanos went toe-to-toe with the Hulk and sent Hulk running away in terror, and he didn't even need to activate the Power Stone to do it, because he was holding back and having fun, because his win was already complete and everything from here on out was too easy.

Thanos was like "I'm gonna push you down now Cap" and Cap's like "No way!" And Thanos is like "Damn, you're really giving this everything you've got, aren't you. This is great. I like the fire in your eyes. I hope you survive what I'm about to do."

The only time Thanos was fighting serious in Infinity War was when he saw a godkiller axe hurtling towards his chest. Thanos 2.0 was more serious in Endgame, but Cap had a god-hammer.

Raimi Spiderman has to have been holding back against Doc Ock. Raimi Spiderman can punch through brick, and Doc Ock is just an old man with zero defensive ability in his face. Those punches can't be a measure of Raimi Spiderman's power.

They can be a measure of how Raimi Spiderman fights though. He's not going to immediately be trying to punch Cap's head off, that's for certain.

IMO, many of Cap's feats are based around his Vibranium shield. Like when jumping out of that building, Cap went shield-first. The shield absorbs and deflects massive amounts of power (to the point where even Thor trying to smash it with his god-hammer was mostly ineffective). But that shield is a very bad matchup against Raimi Spiderman's train-stopping webs. The shield could absolutely stop a full-power Raimi Spiderman punch, but one shot of sticky web and that shield is taken out of the equation.

Cap is absolutely a better fighter than Raimi Spiderman, but I would say that Raimi Spiderman is faster, stronger, more durable, and he has a huge weapons advantage. I can't see Raimi Spiderman losing this fight.

If we give Cap Thor's hammer, then that changes things, a lot. Like, if Cap knocked Raimi Spiderman down with the hammer, Cap could put the hammer down on his chest, and Raimi Spiderman would be beaten. But Raimi Spiderman's Spidey Sense suggests to me that Raimi Spiderman could last in a fight against Cap with the hammer, at least for a while. If Raimi Spiderman can dodge a car coming at him from his blind spot, he can dodge the hammer (although the hammer would be faster and more destructive than a mere car). Webs won't stop Thor's hammer. If Cap has the hammer, then that's a real fight, and I could see it going either way.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
It has got to be MCU Cap surely. Raimi Spidey was getting slapped about by everyone and doesnt show an incredible amount of tactical awareness or fighting prowess. Pretty much everyone he fights dunks on him for a good long while. I didnt do the research but I would imagine he lost about half of the fights in those movies due to being blindsided, unprepared, distracted, etc.

From the start, MCU Cap also seems to have his comic level powers shown or at least hinted at which means he can never get tired right out and he has an eidetic memory so he can never forget anything he has seen, making him a slightly lamer Taskmaster, as seen in the Winter Soldier movie when he repeats the overhead kick that Batroc tried on him.

It seems like the outcome would be like in the Civil War movie. Spidey is obviously stronger but Cap would keep him off guard enough to be able to trick him into a cement mixer or something. We are not talking normal boxing or something right?

Cap with the hammer versus the symbiotic suit is even easier. The sound of thunder would probably force the symbiotic suit right off Raimi Parker, and then he is just regular guy against SUPER super solider Cap. MCU Cap knew exactly how to use Mjolnir as soon as he called it and caught it, so that one would be over in seconds. Even if he cant do some kind of thunderclap to use sound against the symbiote, he could lightning beam the hell out of it or get it to attach to the hammer and then throw the hammer into the sun, leaving just Parker waiting for the hammer to recall straight through his head.

But he wouldnt do that because he is a nice guy.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Raimi easy.

Spiderman always pulls his punches to not kill people. On a Deathmatch that isn't the case.

May 24, 2019
Tobey has every NY citizen behind him. If Cap knocked him out, Spidey would wake up to some bodega owner holding a confused looking decapitated Steve head.

Oct 27, 2017
Just a little background for the people comparing the Captain America Helicopter moment vs. The Spider-Man Train moment:

The helicopter (from a quick google search) is an Airbus AS350. It weighs 2,740 lbs.
It was slowly starting up and trying to lift-off. Captain America had to do all he could to hold it down.

An NYC Subway line is entire orders of magnitude different. They average 85,200 lbs.
In the movie it was going FULL SPEED, before failing to break, and Spider-Man successfully brought it to a halt.

I always thought the subway scene was a ridiculously OP moment for cinematic Spider-Man, but then I learned that Peter Parker is apparently always holding back. So him possessing Superman-esque levels of strength actually makes more sense to me.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would probably be in both their contracts that neither can appear to lose and they have to land an equal number of hits, like Vin and Dwayne.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love Cap but he did not stand a chance to stand against Thanos. Instead, he brought everyone together to stand against him despite it being not the best plan, and it not working

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Morals on? Could probably go either way.

Morals off? Raimi Spider-Man and it's not even close. (Unless you give Cap a Mjölnir)

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying Cap, as he would be able to use tactical thinking to offset the pure strength advantage Raimi Spidey has. I don't remember a single moment in the films where Tobeys Spiderman actually seems intelligent. He's strong, and can move around quickly, but he falls into literally every trap ever set out for him.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-man might not win, but he definitely wouldn't lose. Cap could never touch a hair on his body.

It'd be like that hallway fight with Flash with the exception that Cap might be able to take the punches.

Oct 28, 2017
Cap can't really throw his shield since Spider-man could just catch it with web and either throw it away or cover it w v too much webbing.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
Spidey stopped a train, the side of a warehouse from falling and launched a clock arm that had to weigh a few tons. Based on strength and speed alone he'd win. All this talk about being green doesn't matter. MCU Cap isn't the world's greatest tactician like in the comics. He's a naive old man. He'd get wrecked.

BuV3mfg.gif

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
After looking into the Spider-Man 2 train scene, that's on a totally different level of strength compared to the helicopter Cap scene.
https://www.reddit.com/r/theydidthemath/comments/38knmp/request_how_much_force_was_required_for_spiderman/ said:
Based on how fast the buildings were moving compared to when the speedometer was 80, I'd GUESS the train was doing about 110 mph or 49.7 m/s. Spiderman shot his web at 1:40 and the train reached a full stop at 2:28 giving us 48 seconds. He applied enough force to decelerate a train 1.024 m/s2.

Force=mass*acceleration . An average subway car is 33000 kg and I counted 6 cars so the total weight of the subway would be 198000 kg.

https://archive.nerdist.com/how-much-strength-does-it-take-to-bicep-curl-a-helicopter/ said:
According to the technical specifications for these helicopters, the lifting capacity — how much weight the helicopter could have hanging from it or in it during takeoff — is somewhere around 3,000 pounds. Captain America would have to "lift" more than this in order to keep the helicopter from moving and then pull it towards him.

So 3,000 pounds vs 436,515 pounds. Spider-Man is significantly stronger. I take back thinking Cap would win. He would easily get killed in a single punch.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I dont think theres any version of Spidey that loses to any version of Captain America.

Youd have to start dragging some super obscure Captain America with the full Nova abilities vs SpiderMa'am to get Cap the win

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Cap holding the helicopter was impressive but I don't think it's needs to be explained that stopping a train going at the speed it was is significantly more impressive.

He's also tougher. Cap has to shield hismelf from blunt force trauma (jumping out of a car) whereas Spiderman gets hit by trains going the opposite direction and can still go.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Spidey was emotionally attached to all of his villains so he was throwing his punches like crazy. Give him Thanos and it's gg. If Cap did something to truly warrant a beat down I have faith in Spidey. But if they were friends first, Cap will probably win

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos was holding back against Cap in Infinity War. Thanos won the Infinity War as soon as Odin died and he was free to make a move without fear of Odin stepping in and crushing him. He took the Power Stone from Xandar using the force of his army, and then everything after that was him taking a victory lap. Thanos went toe-to-toe with the Hulk and sent Hulk running away in terror, and he didn't even need to activate the Power Stone to do it, because he was holding back and having fun, because his win was already complete and everything from here on out was too easy.

Thanos was like "I'm gonna push you down now Cap" and Cap's like "No way!" And Thanos is like "Damn, you're really giving this everything you've got, aren't you. This is great. I like the fire in your eyes. I hope you survive what I'm about to do."

The only time Thanos was fighting serious in Infinity War was when he saw a godkiller axe hurtling towards his chest. Thanos 2.0 was more serious in Endgame, but Cap had a god-hammer.

Raimi Spiderman has to have been holding back against Doc Ock. Raimi Spiderman can punch through brick, and Doc Ock is just an old man with zero defensive ability in his face. Those punches can't be a measure of Raimi Spiderman's power.

They can be a measure of how Raimi Spiderman fights though. He's not going to immediately be trying to punch Cap's head off, that's for certain.

IMO, many of Cap's feats are based around his Vibranium shield. Like when jumping out of that building, Cap went shield-first. The shield absorbs and deflects massive amounts of power (to the point where even Thor trying to smash it with his god-hammer was mostly ineffective). But that shield is a very bad matchup against Raimi Spiderman's train-stopping webs. The shield could absolutely stop a full-power Raimi Spiderman punch, but one shot of sticky web and that shield is taken out of the equation.

Cap is absolutely a better fighter than Raimi Spiderman, but I would say that Raimi Spiderman is faster, stronger, more durable, and he has a huge weapons advantage. I can't see Raimi Spiderman losing this fight.

If we give Cap Thor's hammer, then that changes things, a lot. Like, if Cap knocked Raimi Spiderman down with the hammer, Cap could put the hammer down on his chest, and Raimi Spiderman would be beaten. But Raimi Spiderman's Spidey Sense suggests to me that Raimi Spiderman could last in a fight against Cap with the hammer, at least for a while. If Raimi Spiderman can dodge a car coming at him from his blind spot, he can dodge the hammer (although the hammer would be faster and more destructive than a mere car). Webs won't stop Thor's hammer. If Cap has the hammer, then that's a real fight, and I could see it going either way.

I love this analysis. I agree 100%. But I think you forgot one crucial aspect: strength of character. While theyre both capable of going hard in the paint, I think that due to sheer will power cap wins.

I think rami man wins the fight at first, but imagine the classic movie scenario where someone is down but not out, has a flash back memory moment of inspiration second wind.

In a fight between MCU Cap and Rami's spider man this could go back and forth for sometime. But in the end MCU Cap wins out because cap never gives up. Where as, in my opinion, Rami's Spider-Man just doesn't have it in him. Deep down he's a punk... and Cap deep down is the embodiment of sheer will power.

In the end it's all about mindset:
"I can do this all day" vs my life is so stressful.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Raimi Spider-Man is overrated. Those movies were okay for their time but their nowhere near as good as the superhero films of today. A relic of the past.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Aside from infinite webbing, I can't actually think of anything Raimi Spider-man has over MCU Spider-man.*

And Cap fought MCU Spider-man and won.

Sooooo.

*Aside from infinite webbing, but Cap didn't win against MCU Spidey because Spidey ran out of webs, so I'm gonna call it a non-issue.
Cap beat a 15 year old boy, Raimi Spider-man looks like he is 35

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious to see that somehow crying means you can't win a fight? What am I reading?

I'm not sure if you're specifically talking about my post. But I changed that part because you're right, and it didn't really explain what I meant very well.

I'm saying this fight is gonna be a knock down drag out long exhausting fight. Neither one is gonna want to give up, they'll both have their 2nd winds and third winds.... but in the end MCU cap is gonna be getting back up for 8th,9th,10th wind. And in my option Rami's spider man, tobi's Peter Parker, just doesn't have it in him.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Spidey wrecks Cap in every medium. He's just too nice of a dude to actually do it