• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who would win in a fight between MCU Cap and Raimi Spider-Man?

• MCU Cap

Votes: 380 45.4%
  • Raimi Spider-Man

Votes: 330 39.4%
  • Tie

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • I miss the part where that's my problem

Votes: 115 13.7%

• Total voters

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Raimi's Spider-Man consistently has trouble fighting one baddie, you really expect me to think he can take on Cap?

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Raimi Spidey stopped a train that was already braking (iirc?), with the aid of near-magic webbing.
MCU Cap stopped a helicopter that was actively trying to escape with his bare hands.
A standard helicopter can lift a few metric tonnes, a subway train weighs 10+ times that, even without momentum on the train the two feats are in no way comparable.
Raimi Spider man would destroy him.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Raimi Spidey won't be able to land a single punch. Cap simply outclasses him waaaay to much on experience, tactics and wits.
Your strength is nothing if your enemy simply uses it against you.

Also Raimi Spidey loses his powers if he gets sad.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Peter could likely grab the Helicopter like Cap did, and further, swing it around like a wrecking ball. He's got ridiculous strength.

In fact, I'm almost positive that if it weren't for Cap's aptitude in combat, Spidey could—one-on-one—shut Brooklyn down.

Also, MCU Spiderman during Infinity War, shows some impressive feats of strength for such a young age.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Cap would win without throwing a punch

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Raimi Spidey never fought anyone with skills. Cap would give a 8 piece and a biscuit

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Raimi Spidey couldn't even punch out a middle aged, overweight , Italian man.
tenor.gif

While MCU Cap was styling on Mark 46 Iron Man Armor.
UnpleasantIncompatibleBluet-size_restricted.gif
If you don't think Peter was pulling his punches on his ex mentor then you're insane. Peter could literally turn his head to mush with a punch if he intended to.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from infinite webbing, I can't actually think of anything Raimi Spider-man has over MCU Spider-man.*

And Cap fought MCU Spider-man and won.

Sooooo.

*Aside from infinite webbing, but Cap didn't win against MCU Spidey because Spidey ran out of webs, so I'm gonna call it a non-issue.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spiderman having at least 100 times the intelligence of captain America would probably be a pretty big advantage, to go along with his superhuman strength

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Cap would win. He beat Iron Man while holding back. He went toe to toe with Thanos in Infinity War with no shield and wrecked him in Endgame with Mjolnir. Cap is better strategically and he's better at fighting. Unless there's some massive advantage for Spider-Man there's no way he wins.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Raimi Spidey is probably superior in pure strength but that dude is simply not a fighter. MCU Cap is.
The big Question Mark here is the Spider-Sense, which seems to be more powerful in the Raimi Films than it was at least in Civil War where Peter was still figuring out a lot of stuff.
Chances are, Cap couldnt hit Tobey-Man at all, even if he is technically a way better fighter.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
In terms of pure strength Spidey has a clear advantage, as throughout all iterations he's pound for pound probably the single strongest character in the Marvel canon.

HOWEVER, Raimi's Spidey is an emotional idiot who has to take his mask off to cry every 10 seconds and has zero tactical ability, whereas Cap has his training and the willpower of a damn block of marble so really MCU Cap would win handily after MJ leaves Pete for yet another of his friends and Pete can't concentrate thanks to the combination of his wrecked home life and a fucking awful Macy Gray concert in the background.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man Raimi Spidey was such a trash interpretation of the character, only Singer's x-men is worse

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Raimi Spidey is significantly stronger but he doesn't have the combat/fighting experience Cap has. I would give this to Cap as he wouldn't get into a punching match with Spidey.

In theory though Spidey should be able to completely obliterate Cap.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cap and it's not even a contest. Raimi spiderman did nothing but cry and pull stupid faces. Hell MCU spiderman in Civil War is probably stronger, but at the least a hell of a lot less whiny.

Oct 27, 2017
Raimi spiderman stopped a speeding train, tanked a pumpkin Bomb straight to the face etc

I think people are underestimating his durability. He can take way more blows than cap. Goblin was beating that ass until he wasn't. Sandman was throwing tons of blows towards him but he just shrugged them off. Same with doc ock

also raimi spider sense is OP when it's actually working and not turned off for plot purposes. Dude was dodging a car from behind and seeing miles ahead to a train stop. He's dodging that cap shield easily

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People keep talking about the train and helicopter, but Cap stopped Thanos with the Gauntlet. Do we think a train is more powerful than that?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
It's incredible how I went from praising Spider-man 2 as the greatest comic book movie ever made and rolling my eyes at Captain America...to now.

A lot changed between Avengers/Captain America/Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier/Civil War/Infinity War/Endgame.

I love having my opinion changed.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Raimi spiderman stopped a speeding train, tanked a pumpkin Bomb straight to the face etc

I think people are underestimating his durability. He can take way more blows than cap. Goblin was beating that ass until he wasn't. Sandman was throwing tons of blows towards him but he just shrugged them off. Same with doc ock

also raimi spider sense is OP when it's actually working and not turned off for plot purposes. Dude was dodging a car from behind and seeing miles ahead to a train stop. He's dodging that cap shield easily

He's been getting slept on since MCU spidey came out.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Mjolnir Cap isn't even close.

Cap would just hit his shield with Mjolnir which makes the symbiote flip out.

Then he says "Do you know what happens to a Tobey when it's struck by lightning?"

Last edited:

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I
Raimi Spidey stopped a train that was already braking (iirc?), with the aid of near-magic webbing.
MCU Cap stopped a helicopter that was actively trying to escape with his bare hands.

Already braking?

Looks like you need to watch it again. Doc Ock pushed it to its max speed.

I like Cap but he doesn't stand a chance if Raimi Spidey goes ham.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually take MCU Cap in this fight.

It would be close though, they're both well versed in fighting middle aged men with robotic enhancements.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Cap would win. He beat Iron Man while holding back. He went toe to toe with Thanos in Infinity War with no shield and wrecked him in Endgame with Mjolnir. Cap is better strategically and he's better at fighting. Unless there's some massive advantage for Spider-Man there's no way he wins.
Let's be real here, he beat Iron Man because of Bucky being there and they needed him to. Iron Man went toe to toe with Thanos for a bit. Nanotech yeah, but there is no way Cap actually beat MCU Iron Man. Cap needed a mythical weapon to do hold it down against Thanos so without that he's not beating a Tony actually beant on killing him.

OP
OP
Wrapped in Black
Mar 10, 2018
I personally agree with a lot of you that Raimi Spidey should win, but, due to him holding back so much, he'd probably lose. Honestly I feel like he'd get killed if he were to fight Winter Soldier Bucky.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Cap would hit him where it hurts and decapitate Aunt May with his shield.

Peter would be like "What's in the boxxxxx"

Last edited: