• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

MGM Lands Rights To Ben Mezrich’s Book Proposal ‘The Antisocial Network’; Would Chronicle Recent Wall Street-GameStop Chaos

MGM has acquired the book proposal The Antisocial Network from New York Times best-selling author Ben Mezrich, which tells one of the biggest news stories of the year, about a ragtag group of amateur investors, gamers, and internet trolls who brought Wall Street to its knees.

Following one of the craziest weeks in Wall Street history, Hollywood already has its sights set on the wild story with a familiar face looking to tell it. Sources tell Deadline that following a competitive situation, MGM has acquired the book proposal The Antisocial Network from New York Times best-selling author Ben Mezrich, which tells one of the biggest news stories of the year, about a ragtag group of amateur investors, gamers, and internet trolls who brought Wall Street to its knees. Even though the story is barely a week old, insiders say Mezrich and his reps took the proposal on the market at the end of the week and by Friday night MGM had moved fast to acquire the rights.

The project brings MGM's Michael DeLuca back together with Mezrich, author of The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding Of Facebook, a Tale Of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal, which was adapted into the Academy Award-winning The Social Network that DeLuca produced.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
jack-dylan-grazer.jpg

Jack Dylan Grazer as a Redditor who follows Roaring Kitty and bet his enter college funds to help bring down billionaires, but soon learns friendships are more valuable

Oct 25, 2017
You know if there's a schlubby character who lives in his basement trading all day, they'll drag Jonah hill out to play him

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Cousin Greg from Succession needs to be in it. I bet he would look great with a red headband and wristbands.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Honestly if you were going to make a narrative out of this, you'd probably have like two or three main characters. Deep Fucking Value, a hedgefund dude who lost a bunch, and a regular user who's going to get fucked at the end of this whole thing.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
There are worse Hollywood bets to make than "The writer of the book that was turned into The Social Network" writing about the events of the last week.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cousin Greg from Succession needs to be in it. I bet he would look great with a red headband and wristbands.

Good call.

Honestly if you were going to make a narrative out of this, you'd probably have like two or three main characters. Deep Fucking Value, a hedgefund dude who lost a bunch, and a regular user who's going to get fucked at the end of this whole thing.

And someone who's parents got FUCKED in the financial crisis of 2008 and manages to prevail with big gains.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised by this at all. I was guessing Michael Lewis would be on it but Mezrich makes sense too. Maybe Sorkin will adapt for the screenplay.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
me as every member of the cast and it's filmed in my backyard
and before you ask no this definitely isn't a money laundering scheme. What are you, the feds? Stop asking questions.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Not surprised by this at all. I was guessing Michael Lewis would be on it but Mezrich makes sense too. Maybe Sorkin will adapt for the screenplay.

I guarantee Lewis and McKay are talking right now to get a book/movie package done. We're gonna end up with three or four of these competing to make it to the screen first.

stuckpixel

Dec 27, 2017
Joe Keery from Stranger Things will play Roaring Kitty. And the script will have Melvin Capital hiring a hit man to take Kitty out, but at the end Kitty uses a stingray missile to blow up Gabriel Plotkin's helicopter while yelling, "Option this, Motherfucker!"