• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't find anything but when Thanos snapped his fingers in The Infinity Gauntlet who died from the snap? Did Mary Jane survive or did she get dusted? What was different from the film version?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Thanos is a much bigger and overtly villianous asshole in the comics.

He didn't have a plan to save people, he just kind of wanted to bone a cosmic skeleton and thought committing super genocide was the way to seal the deal.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanos is a much bigger and overtly villianous asshole in the comics.

He didn't have a plan to save people, he just kind of wanted to bone a cosmic skeleton and thought committing super genocide was the way to seal the deal.

Yeah but I want to know the casualty list.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it didn't "matter" as much as it did in the MCU because it was fully reversed fairly quickly.

I don't think there's any specific list.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I can't find anything but when Thanos snapped his fingers in The Infinity Gauntlet who died from the snap? Did Mary Jane survive or did she get dusted? What was different from the film version?

The only one I can remember off the top of my head was that Japan destroyed. But yeah, someone said earlier that it's not very long. I think Nebula grabs the gauntlet after...an hour, maybe? And then reverts everything almost instantly. So, people are gone for like an hour or so.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Off the top of my head I remember

All 4 Fantastic Four members
Luke Cage and Iron Fist
Dagger (Tandy Bowen)
Jean Grey

There's a panel that I'm sure Slayven can access quicker than any mere mortal that basically had a computer screen of people. The beginning of Endgame referenced this quite nicely.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
There's a big old screen of 'missing' superheroes, but that's it.

avengers-endgame-infinity-gauntlet-comic-missing-dead-heroes-ref-1149027.jpeg

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The only one I can remember off the top of my head was that Japan destroyed. But yeah, someone said earlier that it's not very long. I think Nebula grabs the gauntlet after...an hour, maybe? And then reverts everything almost instantly. So, people are gone for like an hour or so.

I think that 1 hour itself is even reversed. I think.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I always wish he did something besides a snap in the movies. It was mentioned all it would take is a snap to win or whatever the quote was, which I always took to mean whatever he thought he could do. Then it really came out that he just wanted to snap. Still love the two movies, but I would have been fine with some other ideas too.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the MCU made the snap have more lasting consequences. I just kinda wanted crazy, Imma fuck death, Thanos in the movie. Not the almost somber balancer that he believed he was.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I remember Rick Jones got his ass dusted.

And as WaveBird mentions I felt like too much emphasis was put on the snap in the movies, especially with the Gauntlet frying from it. In the comic he does a lot of crazy shit while he has it (poor Nebula, and that's saying something since comic version doesn't have the redeemability the movie version does. At least at the point of the story never seen much of her since don't know what she has done since if anything) and while he may have snapped his fingers at that point he didn't have to it was a f you gesture not a requirement.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I am still laughing at Alpha flight got wiped off the map, then Thanos hate Canada?

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The comic version is wild. I checked it out after seeing Endgame. There's a minor arc that's barely mentioned about the Earth tilting off its rotation and falling into a new ice age.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
pretty much all the heroes, he reshaped the universe in his image and made thousand of planets just to have all the people in them killed 24/7/365 to offer as tribute to Lady Death. he beat the crap out of all the cosmic entities and destroyed multiple star systems in the process.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Hulk was Professor Hulk in the comic as well. Not that it helped. They all get wrecked.

The biggest change is of course Thanos motivation and how they beat him. Both are better in the movie, to be honest.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Towards the end of the book Gods were throwing whole planets at Thanos as well, just as ammo, really. Shit got pretty wild.