• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you know who Phil Spencer is?

• Yes

Votes: 3,451 95.5%
  • No

Votes: 162 4.5%

• Total voters

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Googled him for the first time today cause he gets mentioned every weekthought it was some other dude but I was wrong. Am I alone in this?

So that's who he is....

Xbox-Phil-Spencer.jpg

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Do you not follow gaming news in general? He's everywhere, and everyone knows who he is.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He is Xbox man, savior of Xbox, Mr. "I'm just a gamer like you".

But seriously I think he's the manager of Xbox... or the top nacho? I honestly don't know.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I think he's a pretty cool guy. Eh buys developers and doesn't afraid of anything.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know of Jim Ryan or Shuntaro Furukawa? I feel like Phil Spencer is the most vocal of the bunch, or at least more presently visible in interviews and quotes.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
you know, phil spencer. he's the box of xboss.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
He is Xbox man, savior of Xbox, Mr. "I'm just a gamer like you".

But seriously I think he's the manager of Xbox... or the top nacho? I honestly don't know.

It's funny that you know all of the negative talking points but don't actually know what he does lol. That pretty much sums up the state of Phil Spencer threads here so I totally get it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
He's my favorite face of Xbox in the history of the platform. He seems like a genuine bro.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've seen and heard him a lot to know who he is for better or for worse. His demeanor and outlook are probably the only reason I've stayed an Xbox consumer this generation, though I do feel his leadership has yet to completely live up to the promises of his words.

He opens nearly every major event saying that is the best lineup Xbox has ever had and I've yet to feel in agreement with that, but I do keep hoping he's right one of these days.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
If you're at all invested in Xbox or PC this is like not knowing who Reggie is