• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KingKunta

Nov 10, 2018
When the trailer first came out, I watched it a few times cause it was so good. But then...I got the game day one and was hella disappointed. Ugh, I still need to beat it.

I never watched the trailer again...

Oct 28, 2017
It was a masterfully made trailer that perfectly decieved everyone in to thinking the game was something it was not. You cant watch that trailer and not go in expecting an epic story. Nintendo knew what they were doing. Such a shame that's not the game we got. I loved BOTW, but watching that trailer just stings because we never got that epic story.

Goddamn that trailer was hype inducing. I couldn't stop watching that. One of the greatest trailers of all time.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Just rewatched it after beating the game for the first time last night. Damn that's a good trailer!

While i don't find myself watching this trailer. I usually end up going back and watching the D2 Forsaken E3 and Launch trailers. Those were so Damn good. The music especially in the e3 trailer. The slow circling camera shot of Cayde to his ghost getting shot, to the barons. Then the reveal to uldren and Cayde's dead body.
So
Fucking
Good

Plus I like to go back and pin point ending scenes and dialogue!

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Yes, I love this trailer. Got me veryyyy hyped.

But the game let me down.

Trailer is better than the game.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
I still go back and watch the Switch reveal trailer quite often, just because I loved the music

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
The trailer itself is a go-to for my running playlist. It's so damn good.

Some Zelda trailers really know how to bring the shivers; when Twilight Princess debuted it had not one, but two amazing trailers.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I love BOTW, but too many Nintendo trailers are just lies. The E3 Super Mario Odyssey trailer is better. That trailer is good for your heart.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even a big Zelda fan (having only completed ALBW) and I remember the goosebumps I got seeing this trailer. It's incredibly well done. Put me in the camp of rewatching it from time to time.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hype trailer with amazing music that wasn't even in the damn game

Pisses me so off :\

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, reaction videos are such manufactured bs.

The only reaction-type thing I could ever watch are the "GiantBomb talks over XXX" series, since they do it live and none of them overreact artificially.

Normally I would say yeah but they seem pretty genuinely excited and I would say I probably acted the same

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't watched it since it was released, but still don't see why its so great. Decent trailer for a good game, but no where near the best for me.

Glad others really enjoy it though, but does nothing for me.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, reaction videos are such manufactured bs.

The only reaction-type thing I could ever watch are the "GiantBomb talks over XXX" series, since they do it live and none of them overreact artificially.

Yeah but that's not the case with Easy Allies. Huber hype is real.

When I watch presentation live with friends I'm way more like the EZ guys than GB, that's why I like it I guess.

kizmah

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I do. It's the best trailer for a game ever imo.

I am a huge Zelda fan AND I work with video editing so I can enjoy this trailer from that perspective as well. This thing is just perfectly constructed for maximum hype. The slow and quiet start, the steady build up with sweeping vistas and epic music, introduction of voice acting, emphasis on story beats that lead to that emotional calm before the storm as Zelda throws her self in Link's arms and then BOOM the music explodes into a familiar crescendo that eventually delivers the perfect payoff after a couple excruciating seconds in the dark, the release date. Perfection!

Last edited:

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
It was a masterfully made trailer that perfectly decieved everyone in to thinking the game was something it was not. You cant watch that trailer and not go in expecting an epic story. Nintendo knew what they were doing. Such a shame that's not the game we got. I loved BOTW, but watching that trailer just stings because we never got that epic story.

Goddamn that trailer was hype inducing. I couldn't stop watching that. One of the greatest trailers of all time.
Heh, I'm the opposite. This trailer was a complete turn-off for me and it was a huge relief when the game turned out to have nothing to do with the trailer promising heaps of bad anime melodrama.

I honestly don't know what y'all see in this trailer. It's not even well-edited, it straight-up looks like free cam machinima mixed with random cutscene footage.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Are we sure? The entire OST is 6 hours.
Yup - it's not in the game. I think the composition is one of the best in the entire Zelda universe, so it's a shame it didn't make it into the game. They did include it on the Deluxe OST, though. It's a bonus track.

I love this trailer. I basically just watch it for the music at this point.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary
I often go back and jerk off to it when I need to cum

gamecube for ever

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. I watched this again the other day. The trailer that made me buy a Switch. One of my favorite videogame trailers ever. The last trailer that made me this hyped was MGS2.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do OP. It's basically a self-contained media entity as far as I'm concerned. A micro Zelda OVA.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Why would I watch a trailer for a game that I own? I'll just play the game. Then again, I don't know why people watch videos of other people playing a game either unless you're trying to see how a particular thing is done. I guess I'm just weird.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, can't say I do but I just did it because of this thread and still managed to choke me up again.

The trailer is incredible, thanks to the hype to the max music. Add the fact that we had been waiting a long long time for that game -with the promise that we finally got a real open world 3d Zelda), which would also release at the same time as Nintendo's exciting new console.

Hype which would need to be sealed in the sacred realm in order to be contained, just too strong.