• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Just throwing this out there. I know it's soon, and I cried when I heard the news...

but then I thought about what I liked and didn't like about the Black Panther film. How, unlike other Marvel films where they focused on character building instead of world (Wakanda) building, and it made me think that maybe in Black Panter 2 they would focus more on the Black Panther character and his own internal conflicts...

Well, now, in addition to that I'm hoping the next actor that plays the BP role can grab the screen and make the character his own.

Who should or shouldn't it be?

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine anyone else as Black Panther.

That's going to be a tough call, and I'm not sure how Marvel should proceed.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think they will recast Black Panther. Just say the truth he died of cancer. Make Shuri take up the Black Panther title.

I really do think Disney knew a little bit at least that he was sick.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should probably just elevate one of the side characters like Shuri to the title role. I can't imagine casting anyone else.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
They probably should go the comics route and have a new person become Black Panther.

It sucks. It really does. Black Panther was so much bigger than comics and it took so long for this movie to come out and it blew away everything else.

And I know it's just a movie, that's fine. But man, it fucking sucks those kids lost a hero.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think this is an appropriate conversation to be having three days after Chadwick died.

I also don't think we should force Leticia Wright to just take over such a huge undertaking if she's not ready to do it.

Oct 29, 2017
A lot of people will say Shuri but I would like to see Okoye taken on the mantle. In Endgame it did seem like she was effectively running Wakanda or at the very least was the representative of that region for the Avengers/SHIELD that Nat was running.

I do hope they deal with this all in a respectful way and consult with his family about it though. I'd imagine the conversations won't happen for a while out of respect.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
The body's barely cold and we're having these conversations.

Fandom is the worst.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Yeah, I wouldn't have anyone else play T'Challa until the entire Marvel universe is rebooted in a generation. Now the Black Panther mantle can pass to someone else in the current cannon, but I suspect Marvel to honor Chadiwck Boseman by keeping the role untouched.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I think that especially with this, the MCU should have ended with Endgame.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
they should hand it to shuri, then over time they can go to someone who is like her son or something.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Can we at least wait a fucking week it hasn't been long
Screen rant got rightly attacked by doing before his body was cold

Status
Not open for further replies.