• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Lost Lemurian

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I say don't make a Trump movie. Even if it portrays him horribly it will only stoke his ego and give fuel to his supporters.
Don't make a Trump movie until I'm dead please.
The Bush movie came out in 2008. They made a Dick Cheney movie. The Trump movie is happening, whether we like it or not.

This is a good choice.

Oct 29, 2017
Homer Simpson would make an great cover. Trump pretty much stole his "Can't Someone Else Do It" Garbage commissioner campaign to win president.

Oct 27, 2017
The Bush movie came out in 2008. They made a Dick Cheney movie. The Trump movie is happening, whether we like it or not.
I really don't think so...
All rules about presidents were thrown out the window with trump. Let's err on the side of caution and just not give him a movie lol.

he would totally think "I make so many libs angry they made a movie about me!" And feel good about it

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly hope its ten plus years before someone makes a Trump movie. Or like the length of time between Bush Jr and the release of Vice. It's important to actually have a legacy period to examine. I mean has anybody done a serious film with someone playing Obama?

But the reality is theres probably several in the works already. Wasn't Brendan Gleeson gonna play him in something?

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
But the reality is theres probably several in the works already. Wasn't Brendan Gleeson gonna play him in something?
He already did.
_94ffe510-ff3e-11ea-a5cd-623ad1e030ac.jpg

His performance was alright, though more intelligent than the real Trump.

Lupo

Nov 7, 2017
I think a dry, muted version like this Yo La Tengo cover of Friday I'm in Love will work:

or perhaps a version done by GLaDOS:

Last edited:

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"A" Trump movie lol. Filmmakers are gonna be processing the last 4 years for a couple decades at least.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There should never be a trump movie. I fucking hate this assumption that their should be one and we should cast it. The past 4 years weren't entertaining it was a nightmare that terrorized many americans and especially immigrants. Show some respect and quit trying to turn it into something to entertain you on a Saturday night at the theater or binge watch on a Sunday afternoon.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is there a 90s grunge version? All distorted guitars and downbeat, slow monotone female vocals. Something that completely avoids glamourizing the sentiment of the song.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's gotta be limp bizkit...

"Just 1 more fight about your leadership, I'll and I'll straight up quick your shit" montage to trump arguing with and firing people

OP
OP
Lost Lemurian

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
There should never be a trump movie. I fucking hate this assumption that their should be one and we should cast it. The past 4 years weren't entertaining it was a nightmare that terrorized many americans and especially immigrants. Show some respect and quit trying to turn it into something to entertain you on a Saturday night at the theater or binge watch on a Sunday afternoon.
George W. Bush, a man responsible for institutional anti-Muslim prejudice that continues to this day, complete dereliction of duty during hurricane Katrina, massive expansion and overreach of our intelligence apparatus, our forever war in Afghanistan and Iraq that has killed and displaced millions of people, and the collapse of the world economy, in addition to thousands of other crimes, got a movie before he left office.

I don't want a Trump movie, but a Trump movie is inevitable. I doubt I'll watch it (I never watched W.), but it will come out. Evil people are an extremely popular subject matter for films, sometimes just to process and spotlight precisely how evil they are.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I've been nostalgia listening to Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water...

I still thought about the Sinatra song reading this thread.

I feel terrible for how much I like that album...