• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who damaged their legacy more?

• Kanye West

Votes: 1,711 92.9%
  • Eminem

Votes: 122 6.6%
  • Other (answer in thread)

Votes: 8 0.4%

• Total voters

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Hmm I would say Kanye but then in 2019 I still rather listen to Kanyes music than Eminems. Eminems last album was okay I guess but nothing worth listening to again while I revisit Kanyes albums every now and then.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Eminem at least seems to be somewhat self-aware that he is a piece of trash.

Kanye seems to have a literal god complex.

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, Eminem put out 3 good albums out of 4 this decade (Revival), dropped the hottest diss track of 2018, and by going against Trump publicly, solidified his cred in hip-hop more than ever. Anyone who can say that this man wouldn't end up on the Rushmore of Hip-hop is not someone to take seriously.

Kanye, on the other hand, started out pretty strong but now he's in the sunken place.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see a picture of Kanye smiling, it looks like the smile of a soccermom who is waiting her turn to file a complaint.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Eminem has never been a "woke" rapper. So I'm not sure why his use of a gay slur is surprising.

Eminem releasing sub-par albums is not anything uncommon for a musician.

Kanye went from saying one GOP pres hated black people, to saying a MAGA hat made him feel like a superhero.

Why is Em even on here.

My guess is because he's a white rapper. I've read on this forum a couple of times that because Eminem is white, that he should have never been a rapper in the first place.

Last edited:

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
I think Em is a mediocre artist who ran out of interesting stuff to say a long time ago, but he stays in his lane. He just consistently did his Eminem thing for the last decade: he rapped really good about stuff I didn't care about.

Kanye, on the other hand, his face is very spit-in-the-face-worthy right now. I just want him to make beats, but retire from rapping and singing poorly and just speaking publicly or making his inner thoughts known in general.

Grimsey

Nov 1, 2017
My understanding from what I've read on this site is that Kanye has poor compliance with his medication.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Eminem didn't really change anything for better or worse, Kanye went absolutely to the darkside after making fairly accurate comments in 00's like George Bush doesn't care about black people.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
OP should just remake this thread with Kanye vs TI cause I don't know how I'm gonna listen to Urban Legend or King again after this week.

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
LMAO, the results of this poll sure are not what the guy who made the thread expected and/or wanted to see.

Kanye has been putting shit music since MBDTF. Find me a Kanye song better than Eminem's Going Through Changes, Fall, or Bad Guy. And he's a shit human being.

Folks really have to STFU with this bogus rethoric that Eminem hasn't put good songs since TES.

Kanye, as the poll shows, "wins" this by a landslide.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kanye fell from a greater height and made a harder thud at the bottom

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I've heard of some Eminem tracks, I haven't heard a single second of Kanye's. And I'm okay with that, long before the Trump stuff he always seemed like someone who had their fame go way to their head. Then came the Trump stuff and "slavery is a choice" and he's proven to be the shit person I always suspected he was (if I ever spent much thought on him at all).

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
The new stuff, or in general?

All of it, I think? Or at the very least I'm not aware of any of it if I have heard it. I'm sure I have in passing maybe but really all I hear of him is just news on the Internet... or just here and the old place, really.

That photo of him and his wife at the Oscars or something and that comedian/actor fell and neither of them moving a muscle to help her told really told me all I needed to know.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Yeah, Eminem put out 3 good albums out of 4 this decade (Revival), dropped the hottest diss track of 2018, and by going against Trump publicly, solidified his cred in hip-hop more than ever. Anyone who can say that this man wouldn't end up on the Rushmore of Hip-hop is not someone to take seriously.

Kanye, on the other hand, started out pretty strong but now he's in the sunken place.

Link to the diss yo

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Neither ruined their legacy, despite putting out crap.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All of it, I think? Or at the very least I'm not aware of any of it if I have heard it. I'm sure I have in passing maybe but really all I hear of him is just news on the Internet... or just here and the old place, really.

Okay, yeah, I think you've probably heard it in passing. There was a run of time where trailers kept using his music in them. (The Power Rangers and Assassin's Creed trailers both did. He also has songs used prominently in the Hangover movies. Or that Saints Row mission people always kept talking about)

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but no. You threw that in there in an attempt to seem impartial.

It's pretty obvious you created this topic in bad faith.

I could tell that from just reading over the OP. It's very heavy on Eminem hate and really glosses over what Kanye has been doing the past few years.

Not to mention, Eminem released a fairly decent album recently. And a few good features.

Kanye released a shitty Kirk Franklin album and kissed Trump's ass.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anything Em improved a bit this decade. Encore in 2005 was the start of him being shit. I thought that album was godawful at the time when I was his demographic of teenage boy

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
his "good" cds were filled of fantasies of rape and murder of women. fucking gross stuff. if you can't see this, you're blind

That men and women and teenage boys and girls at the time liked. A fuck ton of hip hop in the 90s and 00s wouldn't hold up lyrically now. Pretending that he's the sole refuge of incels is just dumb, but that is this forums version of cuck I suppose, an insult that barely makes any sense in most contexts because of how liberally it gets thrown around

Last edited:

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Killshot. And you're right in that it was straight up embarrassing for MGK.

It was a bad diss. We can agree to disagree but you're wrong lmao. Eminem was one of the greatest at dissing of all time, we are talking about the guy that dropped the Sauce and Nail in the Coffin. Killshot is in no way comparable to what he is capable of, or to MGK's original diss even.

Deleted member 431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kanye, easy. Eminem was always corny af and his so called "peak" has aged worse than spoiled milk.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Kanye's music is still better than Eminem's but he became a much worse person. So, Kanye.

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
It was a bad diss. We can agree to disagree but you're wrong lmao. Eminem was one of the greatest at dissing of all time, we are talking about the guy that dropped the Sauce and Nail in the Coffin. Killshot is in no way comparable to what he is capable of, or to MGK's original diss even.

I disagree with you. And people who disagree with me are bad. Nothing personnel, kid.

/s

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Kanyes fall from grace was so cataclysmic a more fair poll would be him against idk, Elvis or Napoleon or some shit

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are you serious? The Killshot diss was incredible. When it's broken down the whole thing is absurd on how the guy writes. The MGK diss is so elementary when compared to it.