• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I just notice Commandos 2 HD remaster got released on steam and I was wondering if anyone remembers this amazing game.
It brings me so many childhood memories. I remember spending hours and hours to complete just one mission.
Surely one of the best games ever played!!

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

commandos-behind-enemy-lines.jpg

Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty

100_2.jpg

Commandos 2: Men of Courage

R-4278222-1360510308-7186.jpeg.jpg

Commandos 3: Destination Berlin

860b88fe-3a56-4c42-8a04-6416fe928d4a.jpg

1PzM6drHTzXqemeV3deNjwa0njXejX0ZrzSYNl47SRw.jpg

531587.jpg

screen06.png

Last edited:

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Sir yes sir! Well, I only played Behind enemy lines and Beyond the call of duty, but I had a blast with these games, 100% recommended.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
man i used to love these games on pc when i was young! must check them out again see how they've aged

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
I played the first one, still have it on disk, but the last time I installed it, the game ran at incredible speeds and was impossible to play. As far as I know, no patch was made to solve this.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
I had 2 on XBOX and loved it. Maps were so detailed, I had to wipe out the entire map of Nazis and explore every corner.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played Commandos 2 so excited for that! I'm curious why they didn't do Behind Enemy Lines or Beyond the Call of Duty (my favorite) first but can't complain.

Hope it's a good port!

Oh, and anyone who enjoyed Shadow Tactics should give it a shot.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Commandos is probably the first game I ever cut my teeth on for strategy/planning. Like maybe a little dip into the X-com world before that but me and my friends would all crowd around 1 screen and have debates on what course of action to take next. Such a fun and hard game.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed them. Super unforgiving though, remember trawling through some BBs to find some hints/walkthroughs.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Loved them, and also Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood.

If you liked those games then also check out the recent game Shadow Tactics, it's basically Commandos set in feudal Japan.

Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
Ein verletzter! Alarm! Alarm!

I really enjoyed the first and second game even though I never did manage to beat them. They just became too hard for me at the time. I haven't tried the third thanks to the less than stellar reviews. If you are looking for something to scratch that itch, you should give Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun a try. It feels very inspired by Commandos.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I need to replay these, I was never very good at them back in the day, but I liked them anyway and loved Shadow Tactics. Picked them up years ago on Steam dirt cheap.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Commandos 2. I remember some missions took me upwards of 4 hours to finish. I also remember being very thorough, not leaving any enemies untied/breathing. I'd be excited for the HD remaster but it seems it has problems. Probably a good idea to boot the orignal for nostalgia's sake, it's been a while.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Still have Commandos 2 on disc. It is one of my all time favorite PC games. Those games were hard as crap though. Especially Beyond the Call of Duty.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Commandos 2 was awesome.

Wish I had a decent way to replay it these days. I remember it not running too well last time I tried.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I'd never heard of them until I played Shadow Tactics and hear people saying that it was a lot like them. I've been meaning to give them a shot, but haven't yet gotten around to it. Just added the HD remaster to my Steam wishlist, though, so maybe I'll find the time.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
I played like I was Jason Voorhees and wouldn't leave one single of those nazis alive. Wonderful games.
I wish there was a new one.

HOSKINGJ

Jan 5, 2018
"I'll be there in a moment!"

Waiting for the Switch version of this. Played and completed the original for the first time a couple of years ago, it was as amazing as I hoped.

MrChillaxx

Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Recently played Shadow Tactics (think Twitch gave it for free before it was rebranded as Amazon games? Am i making this up?) so definitely remember commandos. Loved 1 but could never finish it, 2 was either easier or i was more well versed into the "rts" genre due to my getting into them like A LOT.

Would love a new Commandos, maybe i should check those HD remasters...

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I LOVED Commandos and Beyond the Call of Duty. Both were fantastic and also really difficult for me!
Still remember some monologues of the characters with their voices after all these years.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Love the series, Commandos 2 was an amazing sequel. Commandos 3 I am lukewarm about, not a fan of missions that are trial and error and overly time based.

Oct 27, 2017
Woosh, forgot about these. I loved 1 and 2, they were balls hard and gorgeous and great. Some missions took hours to complete, inching forward. I'd spend half an hour just taking out 1 or 2 enemies and hiding the corpses.

How is the remaster and is it coming to console?

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Commandos 1 & 2 were so good, kinda wanna play the remaster.

Really looking forward to Desperados, too!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pls play shadow tactics if you haven't.

And Desperados 3 hopefully comes out soon. Not directly Commandos obviously but the spirit of the series is still living on.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
I remember spending a whole vacation only playing commandos from morning to evening.